Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Autorun Manager - gives you control over your startup apps

Tip us?
 
ratson
Old
(Last edited by ratson; 24th January 2011 at 03:45 PM.)
#1  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 400
Join Date: Nov 2009
Lightbulb [App] Autorun Manager - gives you control over your startup apps

After the success off AutoKiller I decided to write an app which lets you kill startup apps right after they are started, so it shortens system load times and gives you the possibility to decide what you want to run on your system.

with 2.0 release it brings an advanced tab, it gives you control over intent receivers directly, so you can completely disable automatically running parts of applications

a few words from my home page
Quote:
Autorun Manager (formerly Autorun Killer) lets you decide what apps you want to let automatically start up. It sports two modes:

Basic mode lets you decide which startup apps should be killed right after they start during system boot process.
Applications are usually autostarting because of a reason, so only disable one if you know exactly what it is doing and you definitely don't need it.

Advanced mode lists all your applications which are registered for system wide events (aka. intents like an incoming call, low battery or boot finished) and gives you the control to enable or disable these -so called- receivers.
Using this mode recommends above average knowledge about how your device works. Please be very careful.
if you need more information please check my home page.


The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ratson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
erikiksaz
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 770
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Wow, wasn't expecting any surprises, but after loading your program, I found that there were quite a few programs that I didn't know loaded at startup.

Startup speed did seem a tad quicker. Thanks so much!
 
ratson
Old
#3  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 400
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikikaz View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting any surprises, but after loading your program, I found that there were quite a few programs that I didn't know loaded at startup.

Startup speed did seem a tad quicker. Thanks so much!
I'm glad you like it
 
Upstreammiami
Old
(Last edited by Upstreammiami; 17th September 2010 at 01:34 PM.)
#4  
Upstreammiami's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 749
Posts: 3,388
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Davie

 
DONATE TO ME
ok how do i get autorun killer ?
 
exadeci
Old
#5  
exadeci's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 520
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Paris
Why this post is not in android app ?? (but nexus ....)

Anyway is there a list of services safe to shut ?
 
JayQ8
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 40
Join Date: Feb 2010
Doesn't work on N1 .. installed it 3 days ago, apps still run with startup and restart alone even when "prevent restart" option is checked.

Donated anyway, seems like a promising app.
 
BootsSiR
Old
#7  
BootsSiR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 288
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
When people complain my apps are broken, I'm forwarding the support emails to you.
 
gIMpSTa
Old
#8  
gIMpSTa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 1,124
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maine

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsSiR View Post
When people complain my apps are broken, I'm forwarding the support emails to you.
^This.

So if I read the first post correctly, this kills apps right AFTER they started?

This speeds up startup time how?

If X, Y, and Z all startup when i turn my phone on, and I use this app to tell my phone that X and Y are fine, but kill Z after it starts, then when I start my phone X, Y, And Z still start, but then Z gets killed immediately? I don't understand how this could possibly help performance in any way?

Task killers (but not automatic ones) have their purposes when used responsibly, however I really don't think you are getting ANY performance gain.

Just my 2 cents, don't mean it as an attack on your application or anything
__________________
Provider: U.S.Cellular
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CM 10.1
Recovery Image: CWM

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32gb
ROM: CM 10.1
Recovery Image: CWM
 
turkeylord
Old
#9  
turkeylord's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: carlisle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIMpSTa View Post
^This.

So if I read the first post correctly, this kills apps right AFTER they started?

This speeds up startup time how?

If X, Y, and Z all startup when i turn my phone on, and I use this app to tell my phone that X and Y are fine, but kill Z after it starts, then when I start my phone X, Y, And Z still start, but then Z gets killed immediately? I don't understand how this could possibly help performance in any way?

Task killers (but not automatic ones) have their purposes when used responsibly, however I really don't think you are getting ANY performance gain.

Just my 2 cents, don't mean it as an attack on your application or anything
yea, i was thinking that already. how does it increase performance if the app has already started up and is already slowing the system, and then you use more cpu to kill it. then another app starts up. same thing.
 
Kelvino9
Old
#10  
Kelvino9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 949
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NRW|DE

 
DONATE TO ME
Great App, highly recommended!
Google Nexus 4 (LG Mako / LG-E960)
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project 2.7.1.0
Radio: 2.0.1701.03
SPL: MAKOZ30d
ROM: RastaKat
Kernel: hells-Core

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes