Thread Deleted

[Q] Remove MSN Money & MSN Weather from Dash3G

OP DJGhost

16th September 2010, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Hey guys,
Need your expertise; Is there a way to remove MSN weather or MSN Money from my -Mobile Dash3G?

I want to keep the original T-Mobile flash but those 2 apps are just taking space for nothing.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MSN.png
Views:	26
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	402372  
16th September 2010, 11:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hook up your phone with ActiveSync and go into file explorer. Open up the windows folder, then start menu. You can delete stuff from start screen there.
20th September 2010, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Flag Lake Ridge, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 2,385

5,908 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGhost

Hey guys,
Need your expertise; Is there a way to remove MSN weather or MSN Money from my -Mobile Dash3G?

I want to keep the original T-Mobile flash but those 2 apps are just taking space for nothing.

Thank you in advance!

add or remove programs in your settings
22nd September 2010, 05:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clown

add or remove programs in your settings

Those 2 apps dont show up on "Add or Remove Programs". T-Mobile disable that from uninstalling but I was hoping there's a trick to uninstalling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieblue123

Hook up your phone with ActiveSync and go into file explorer. Open up the windows folder, then start menu. You can delete stuff from start screen there.

If I do that, won't that corrupt files on the phone since Im really not uninstalling them?
23rd September 2010, 11:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I dont think so because it's like you're deleting shortcuts off that menu. So I don't know how to completely remove those programs. Then again how can you completely remove any program anyway.
14th June 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 90

405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieblue123

I dont think so because it's like you're deleting shortcuts off that menu. So I don't know how to completely remove those programs. Then again how can you completely remove any program anyway.

Reference link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-c9eeaeb5af58

I have found the solution to the various posts listed on not being able to get rid of an uninstalled prog in the remove progs window. Using MemMaid 2.3 go jump to/databases/database usage, highlight SwMgmtMetadataStore and click browse, highlight offending entry and delete it. Then do and soft reset and you will find that the prog is no longer in the remove prog window. Hope this helps.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread