[Q] Remove MSN Money & MSN Weather from Dash3G

Tip us?

DJGhost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Remove MSN Money & MSN Weather from Dash3G

Hey guys,
Need your expertise; Is there a way to remove MSN weather or MSN Money from my -Mobile Dash3G?

I want to keep the original T-Mobile flash but those 2 apps are just taking space for nothing.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MSN.png
Views:	26
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	402372  

cubbieblue123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hook up your phone with ActiveSync and go into file explorer. Open up the windows folder, then start menu. You can delete stuff from start screen there.

Mr. Clown
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Thanks Meter 2,308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGhost View Post
Hey guys,
Need your expertise; Is there a way to remove MSN weather or MSN Money from my -Mobile Dash3G?

I want to keep the original T-Mobile flash but those 2 apps are just taking space for nothing.

Thank you in advance!
add or remove programs in your settings

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 - Stock Rom 4.2.2 (Stolen)
T-Mobile SGH-T999 - Stock Rom 4.3
HTC HD2 : Nexus HD2 JB 4.1.2 (RIP)

DJGhost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clown View Post
add or remove programs in your settings
Those 2 apps dont show up on "Add or Remove Programs". T-Mobile disable that from uninstalling but I was hoping there's a trick to uninstalling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieblue123 View Post
Hook up your phone with ActiveSync and go into file explorer. Open up the windows folder, then start menu. You can delete stuff from start screen there.
If I do that, won't that corrupt files on the phone since Im really not uninstalling them?

cubbieblue123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I dont think so because it's like you're deleting shortcuts off that menu. So I don't know how to completely remove those programs. Then again how can you completely remove any program anyway.

coolpixs4
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieblue123 View Post
I dont think so because it's like you're deleting shortcuts off that menu. So I don't know how to completely remove those programs. Then again how can you completely remove any program anyway.
Reference link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-c9eeaeb5af58

I have found the solution to the various posts listed on not being able to get rid of an uninstalled prog in the remove progs window. Using MemMaid 2.3 go jump to/databases/database usage, highlight SwMgmtMetadataStore and click browse, highlight offending entry and delete it. Then do and soft reset and you will find that the prog is no longer in the remove prog window. Hope this helps.