Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC HD7 spec sheet and more pics

OP WenWM

23rd September 2010, 11:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired XDA News Writer
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 0

392 posts
More
Damn... Who does not want this anymore after reading the spec sheet?
Pics
http://wmpoweruser.com/htc-hd7-in-re...nd-on-display/
Pics
http://wmpoweruser.com/exclusive-htc...a-aws-support/
Specs
http://wmpoweruser.com/htc-hd7-specs...-a-better-one/

Sad day for me.
23rd September 2010, 12:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Hopefully and probably fake.

The HTC HD series has always been their Top of the line phone, and I don't think that they'll release a phone that is an exact copy of the aging Desire hardwarewise. Espesially not when Qualcomm is delivering new, updated Snapdragon processors that's both more energy efficient and faster.

And 8GB memory? That'll be very tight for anyone planning to use their phone for media.
23rd September 2010, 01:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

95 posts
The specifications sheet might only be a placeholder until HTC officially announces the HD3/HD7... At least I hope so... And hope dies last!
24th September 2010, 10:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
I really hope this is a fake! Surely they wouldn't release a near copy if not inferior phone to the last model of thier flagship model!?
25th September 2010, 12:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 17

155 posts
More
I have had my hTc hd2 leo since April, and it was my first smartphone. It took 3 solid days to get accustomed to the new frontier (mine was and still is a bit buggy), and no, I am too scared to flash ROMS just yet.
Although I have a TON of themes and other custom eye candy upgrades. I love cabs btw.

Anyways, if XDA were a woman I would make sweet love to it, but these conflicting reports are really bad.
Is it or is it not real?
I have a feeling that much like me most leo owners are gonna keep theirs even when newer HTC models arrive. Great hardware and an awesome crew of chefs will assure the popularity. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.

a forward facing camera is about the only thing...oh, flash too, that I wish my dear leo had.

so, until there is solid evidence of the new phone XDA should be a bit more dilligent about moderating the posting real info because noobs like me confuse easily...

25th September 2010, 12:57 AM   |  #6  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 12

65 posts
More
Spec sheet aside, the external design is just flat out disappointing and underwhelming. What happened to the aluminum unibody on the other leaked phones? Why does that not carry over to flagship device? Instead we get this tacky looking plastic back.
I mean, it's just as if HTC said, "Let's take the HD2, remove the metal on the back, and remove the buttons on the front... and give it a kickstand because people love that s**t."
I can't make judgments until I actually hold the device, but so far, it doesn't look promising.
25th September 2010, 01:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Monfumo (NGI Service)
Thanks Meter: 243

858 posts
They simply use and unblock with software some "features" of the Qualcomm chipset. Infact, if you look datasheet of Qualcomm 8250 you will see that he can record 720p video and have a 12mpx camera sensor inside..so the new economy is still use an "old" platform in brand new devices for show to us a sort of new model. I think that if HD2 today is still in the smartphone top-ten, we must say thanks to his versatility. Maybe HTC wasn't know 1 years ago that this device will be a miliar stone. Today we have android, winmo 6.5 and very probabily the new brand new WP7. We need other.?
And we must remember that also with the newest radio version, our HD2 received an increase of battey life. We have only trust in the time and in XDA Dev.

Best Regards
25th September 2010, 05:14 AM   |  #8  
Flag Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 17

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWang158

Spec sheet aside, the external design is just flat out disappointing and underwhelming. What happened to the aluminum unibody on the other leaked phones? Why does that not carry over to flagship device? Instead we get this tacky looking plastic back.
I mean, it's just as if HTC said, "Let's take the HD2, remove the metal on the back, and remove the buttons on the front... and give it a kickstand because people love that s**t."
I can't make judgments until I actually hold the device, but so far, it doesn't look promising.

^this too.
25th September 2010, 05:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag slidell, la.
Thanks Meter: 245

1,179 posts
Donate to Me
More
i love my hd2 , unless this phone blows my hd2 away ....it aint happening ,lets see closed platform and less storage .......NOT , ill stick with my hd2
25th September 2010, 05:35 AM   |  #10  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3

65 posts
More
All we need is a chef to move this to our HD2!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread