Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC HD7 spec sheet and more pics

Tip us?

WenWM
Old
Retired XDA News Writer - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC HD7 spec sheet and more pics

Damn... Who does not want this anymore after reading the spec sheet?
Pics
http://wmpoweruser.com/htc-hd7-in-re...nd-on-display/
Pics
http://wmpoweruser.com/exclusive-htc...a-aws-support/
Specs
http://wmpoweruser.com/htc-hd7-specs...-a-better-one/

Sad day for me.

XaaR_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hopefully and probably fake.

The HTC HD series has always been their Top of the line phone, and I don't think that they'll release a phone that is an exact copy of the aging Desire hardwarewise. Espesially not when Qualcomm is delivering new, updated Snapdragon processors that's both more energy efficient and faster.

And 8GB memory? That'll be very tight for anyone planning to use their phone for media.

wixxer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The specifications sheet might only be a placeholder until HTC officially announces the HD3/HD7... At least I hope so... And hope dies last!

synyster31
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I really hope this is a fake! Surely they wouldn't release a near copy if not inferior phone to the last model of thier flagship model!?

kidrythm
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I have had my hTc hd2 leo since April, and it was my first smartphone. It took 3 solid days to get accustomed to the new frontier (mine was and still is a bit buggy), and no, I am too scared to flash ROMS just yet.
Although I have a TON of themes and other custom eye candy upgrades. I love cabs btw.

Anyways, if XDA were a woman I would make sweet love to it, but these conflicting reports are really bad.
Is it or is it not real?
I have a feeling that much like me most leo owners are gonna keep theirs even when newer HTC models arrive. Great hardware and an awesome crew of chefs will assure the popularity. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.

a forward facing camera is about the only thing...oh, flash too, that I wish my dear leo had.

so, until there is solid evidence of the new phone XDA should be a bit more dilligent about moderating the posting real info because noobs like me confuse easily...

JWang158
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Spec sheet aside, the external design is just flat out disappointing and underwhelming. What happened to the aluminum unibody on the other leaked phones? Why does that not carry over to flagship device? Instead we get this tacky looking plastic back.
I mean, it's just as if HTC said, "Let's take the HD2, remove the metal on the back, and remove the buttons on the front... and give it a kickstand because people love that s**t."
I can't make judgments until I actually hold the device, but so far, it doesn't look promising.

devilpera64
Old
Thanks Meter 231
They simply use and unblock with software some "features" of the Qualcomm chipset. Infact, if you look datasheet of Qualcomm 8250 you will see that he can record 720p video and have a 12mpx camera sensor inside..so the new economy is still use an "old" platform in brand new devices for show to us a sort of new model. I think that if HD2 today is still in the smartphone top-ten, we must say thanks to his versatility. Maybe HTC wasn't know 1 years ago that this device will be a miliar stone. Today we have android, winmo 6.5 and very probabily the new brand new WP7. We need other.?
And we must remember that also with the newest radio version, our HD2 received an increase of battey life. We have only trust in the time and in XDA Dev.

Best Regards
..::Impossible is nothing::..

kidrythm
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWang158 View Post
Spec sheet aside, the external design is just flat out disappointing and underwhelming. What happened to the aluminum unibody on the other leaked phones? Why does that not carry over to flagship device? Instead we get this tacky looking plastic back.
I mean, it's just as if HTC said, "Let's take the HD2, remove the metal on the back, and remove the buttons on the front... and give it a kickstand because people love that s**t."
I can't make judgments until I actually hold the device, but so far, it doesn't look promising.
^this too.

tigerz0202
Old
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
i love my hd2 , unless this phone blows my hd2 away ....it aint happening ,lets see closed platform and less storage .......NOT , ill stick with my hd2

anonymous-x
Old
Thanks Meter 3
All we need is a chef to move this to our HD2!