JI5 via Kies !!

Search This thread

Viralblack

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2010
Akron, OH
Can you please tell me how to Odin this? I downloaded the file but don't know how =(

If you downloaded the link from here for odin, put it into odin 1.3 on top of a stock vibrant image (Probably want to flash the JFD image if you dont already have it there)

Open Odin 1.3
Use the PDA option and put in T959UVJI5(FUS).tar
Select PIT and put in the PIT file for the Stock JFD image
Be in download mode, DONT have any lag fixes installed, Flash

imho, heres what I did, and mine runs perfect.

1) Disable Voodoo with disable_voodoo.zip from Clockwork
2) Rebooted
3) adb shell, su, mount to verify EXT2 partition
4) Download Mode, Flashed JFD via Odin 1.3
5) Rebooted
6) Download Mode, Flashed JI5 via Odin 1.3
7) Rebooted
8) Success, no force closes, perfect GPS, high and stable modem speeds

GUYS Tmobile just posted on their twitter the following!!

http://twitter.com/TMobile/status/25942543501

DO NOT UPDATE!!!

the known issue, imo, is that Kies is backwards and a failure. Its overwriting good data over a hundred combinations of lag fixes, upgrades, custom libs and modifications.

Odin to Stock, Odin to JI5, Profit. (Im going back to Bionix 1.4 in a few, but for reference, if it doesnt work your phone hates you, or youre doing it wrong.)

Last edited:

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
Pp
If you downloaded the link from here for odin, put it into odin 1.3 on top of a stock vibrant image (Probably want to flash the JFD image if you dont already have it there)

Open Odin 1.3
Use the PDA option and put in T959UVJI5(FUS).tar
Select PIT and put in the PIT file for the Stock JFD image
Be in download mode, DONT have any lag fixes installed, Flash

imho, heres what I did, and mine runs perfect.

1) Disable Voodoo with disable_voodoo.zip from Clockwork
2) Rebooted
3) adb shell, su, mount to verify EXT2 partition
4) Download Mode, Flashed JFD via Odin 1.3
5) Rebooted
6) Download Mode, Flashed JI5 via Odin 1.3
7) Rebooted
8) Success, no force closes, perfect GPS, high and stable modem speeds

the known issue, imo, is that Kies is backwards and a failure. Its overwriting good data over a hundred combinations of lag fixes, upgrades, custom libs and modifications.
Odin to Stock, Odin to JI5, Profit. (Im going back to Bionix 1.4 in a few, but for reference, if it doesnt work your phone hates you, or youre doing it wrong.)

T ishis what I did and I have 0 issues....

flameinthefire

Feb 26, 2008
adb reboot download.

OR

Brick your phone to the PC ! Phone screen and follow the battery out all keys timed method to get in.

there is no such thing as all keys timed method. when i bricked my vibrant earlier i tried everything to get it back to download mode on a hardware locked and nothing worked. well what is the method ur are talking about ? lem me see if i can get to dl mode. please give me the details

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL

Allen K

Sep 1, 2010
There are a lot of improvements that I think in general everyones just overlooking. they added some new features and the installation with Kies (which everyone knows is about as productive as an abortion with chop sticks) is screwed.

I Odined this release to my phone and I havent found one problem with it, not a single complaint.

I just got an exact location fix in my back yard, first time id EVER turned the GPS on and it had my fix "40m" with the blue dot DIRECTLY over my position in 7 seconds.

Its "official" but not really official. It was a leak, probably officially let out, so that we could perfect it. And it will get perfected, its good qualities will be integrated into things like eugenes builds and the unholy awesome that is Bionix ROM. Give it a little time, its a good ROM.

Can you please let me know what settings you have in your GPS configuration (you know, where people go in to do the fix). My GPS was actually working ok before this update, but now it can't find my location.

Thanks.

Last edited:

flameinthefire

Feb 26, 2008
dude
Just root your phone, and download android terminal from market.

open terminal
and type: su (hit enter)
then type: reboot download (hit enter)

and BAM!! ur in download mode

;)

i did this on my last locked vibrant and the odin froze and that was it. my phone was bricked..... so i dont know what to do

velocd

Jul 9, 2010
Im having gps lock issues as well. Can't get into test mode either.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

crazyfunky

Sep 30, 2010
I always said to myself: Don't buy anything when it first comes out. Don't update when it first comes out. There's usually some issues (teething problems) at the beginning.

Now, other than the DIVX registration not being present, (which I don't really mind), I tried to refresh my yahoo email account while being on wifi and it wouldn't let me. Says I have to disable WIFI. Never had this issue. I could send emails over WIFI (probably because of outgoing server differences) but I could always receive emails over WIFI!

Why didn't I wait?

justin683

Jul 17, 2009
I have to whole heartedly agree with Viralblack on this one. Ive yet to have a single issue with this firmware coming from J12 with voodoo and both gps fixes... Any who people really need to stop worrying why samsung pulled it, if your flash happy so be it flash away. Even being the n00b I am I was able to figure out how to use adb shell and odin and since learning both (took like an hour of reading and trial error) ive yet to have a problem. For people with the macs the cold reality is until someone makes it into a flashable zip for you, you up ****s creek, unless u run bootcamp. So far this rom hasnt given me any issues like I said, gps locks quickly everything syncs just fine, rooted, debloated, and all with the use of odin and adb. Just takes a bit of reading. Sorry to rant just seeing so many people freaking out of nothing.

Viralblack

Jul 29, 2010
Akron, OH
1. Take a shot. (Vodka preferred)
2. Power off the Phone.
3. Pull the Battery.
4. Plug USB cable into Phone.
5. Plug USB cable into PC.
6. Press and Hold: Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power, all at the same time.
7. Re-insert the battery.
8. The phone will power now, when the screen starts a cycle of going to a BLACK screen, release ONLY the POWER button.

NOTE: POWER button must be released while the screen is BLACK, or it won't work. If done correctly, you will now be back at the 'Download' screen.
NOTE: Your phone should now have all the drivers installed that are needed, the BIG ones are: Samsung Mobile Modem and Samsung USB Composite Device.
NOTE: Get the phone to recognize with Odin, which will show a Yellow COM port when opening it, you may have to unplug the USB cable, close Odin, open Odin, replug the phone into your PC, even if you get the Yellow COM box, it doesn't guarantee it will work.

Viralblack

Jul 29, 2010
Akron, OH
Can you please let me know what settings you have in your GPS configuration (you know, where people go in to do the fix). My GPS was actually working ok before this update, but now it can't find my location.

Thanks.

Stock, I flashed to complete and total day one stock via odin, then to JI5 via odin. I didnt make a single modification.

minedune

Aug 26, 2010
Updated an hour go with odin and im really pleased. GPS, compass work great, getting better signal, doesnt have the lag that the last official update had.
I dont see what all the commotion is about.
People using kies should just Odin, yea it wipes but probably better that way so you dont run into intermingling, compatibility issues ;)

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
what a jackass. get a different phone and get out of here

The only other phone T-Mobile has with comparable specs right now is the HTC HD2.

They don't have many decent phones. Stuff like MyTouch Slide, etc. are not for power users, IMO. (mid-range devices).

So, if you want a phone comparable to this one, you're either stuck with an obsolete WM6.5 device (HD2), or your jumping ship and going to a different carrier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mine has worked since JI2

Yea its fine after i re flashed it again.

Stupid me the first time i flashed and tried changing my battery icon with one from other thread and it screwed up and my phone wouldn't load to desktop.
    So i took an nadroid backup from previous stock update and loaded that and by doing so it removed all the new software,fixes ..ect

but im fine now
    Compass, and GPS work great