JI5 via Kies !!

Search This thread

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
ok well, gallery is now hanging horribly like it did with ji2 and ji4 leaked builds.

Never had the issue on bionix 1.3. This is enough for me to go back.

WEll, bionix it is...

johnnyh64

Aug 20, 2010
I haven't seen too many comments regarding battery life on this. How is it going for you? I have JI2 installed and the battery is killing me.

Dimitri_010

May 8, 2010
im getting gallery hangs...and transitions between just about everything pretty choppy. even home screen is choppy

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
downloading it now.....more info as I have it. :)

- flash finished...rebooting...

- reboot successful...re-rooting and posting screenshots and info to come..

Version

PDA: T959UVJI5
Phone: T959UVJI5
CSC: T959TMBJFD

Build Time: 2010.09.22
Changelist: 584835

Doesn't seem to be much different from JI4 on a cursory examination. Haven't had a chance to step outside and test GPS. The 5.1 SRS sound effect for video playback is still as broken as it was in JI4.

First time I've gotten a lock outside (in my back yard) to hold after walking back in my basement (where my downstairs den and lab of doom reside). Accuracy and whatnot seems fine. Will have to wait till later to drive around and see if the GPS decides to not develop a mind of it's own and move around on me.

Hi masterotaku - Do you by chance have the download link for T959UVJI5 ?
Edit: I think I found it here: http://www.4shared.com/get/qYoXjAKC/tmpAFCFtmp.html

Last edited:

30Glock

Aug 29, 2009
Going bk to JI2, It has better battery IMO, and nothing is choppy on that build.

Last edited:

kcbboy

Jun 15, 2010
Do you guys think we're SOL if we did the update and won't get one OTA if there is one? T mobile said via twitter that we shouldn't have done the update via kies and wait foe the official OTA.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
Do you guys think we're SOL if we did the update and won't get one OTA if there is one? T mobile said via twitter that we shouldn't have done the update via kies and wait foe the official OTA.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

well, if you see that the official OTA is rolling out, just revert back to JFD. (should have made a backup) :p

saylas

Sep 7, 2010
I have upgraded Kies to 1.5.3.10093_80 and still in Kies Updagrade have such a text:

Model name: SGH-T959
Current Version: PDA:JFD / PHONE:JFD / CSC:JFD
The device's version cannot be updated.

I have the stock firmware and have just only rooted phone with GPS fix. So i've read in this topic that people with root got the update easily, what's my problem?

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
I have upgraded Kies to 1.5.3.10093_80 and still in Kies Updagrade have such a text:

Model name: SGH-T959
Current Version: PDA:JFD / PHONE:JFD / CSC:JFD
The device's version cannot be updated.

I have the stock firmware and have just only rooted phone with GPS fix. So i've read in this topic that people with root got the update easily, what's my problem?

you didn't read enough.
2 things.
1. The update was pulled from the KIES server. If you want it, then read the WHOLE THREAD!
2. you are using KIES 1.5.3. It wouldn't update anyway. you would need to uninstall and grab 1.5.1 and DONT update the KIES software.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Samsung pulled the update and TMobiled tweeted that it shouldn't be installed and an OTA will be released.

Of course, at Samsung/TMobile's pace, that could easily mean weeks.

saylas

Sep 7, 2010
about 16 hours ago i've written here that i've tried to install this update on 1.5.1 Kies and it also couldn't find the new firmware.
Whatever if it was pulled i'll wait for the time they will return official update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mine has worked since JI2

Yea its fine after i re flashed it again.

Stupid me the first time i flashed and tried changing my battery icon with one from other thread and it screwed up and my phone wouldn't load to desktop.
    So i took an nadroid backup from previous stock update and loaded that and by doing so it removed all the new software,fixes ..ect

but im fine now
    Compass, and GPS work great