Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATE 2011-01-20] Yet another TCPMP build [SKINNED+AVRCP]

Tip us?

dajbyco
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
RC1? My understanding is that this very long thread is in regards to RC2, skinnable version. Do you suffer tear on RC2 as well? I don't.
Unfortunately RC2 - the same results. For divx avi - works for me perfectly CorePlayer 1.2.5 , for mp4 default wmp ... I've tried TCPMP many times in past few years on several devices and roms. Never sutisfied. I'm sorry but I didn't find any version that could be called 'best player'

frmariam
Old
(Last edited by frmariam; 2nd October 2010 at 12:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Either you are trying to play a file with an excessively high resolution, unsupported codecs (the ones you mention should work perfectly) or with some encoding errors.

Most likely you didn't notice the many posts in this thread that recommend to delete the TCPMP registry key before using any new version (in fact you'll notice most WinMo apps leave a lot of stuf in the registry even after you uninstall them)...

Try running this (it requires MortScript to be installed in the device) and try TCPMP again (be sure to use the version in the first post).

danih
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Great program, however I have a problem with it.
I am using my ppc in landscape mode. When I start this TCPMP build, it rotates my screen to portrait automatically. Other versions do not do this.
I can't seem to find the solution, pls help.

SvB4EvA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quick skinning question...

Is it possible to make this line:
Code:
<prev left=0 top=582 width=102 height=78 pushedleft=0 pushedtop=79/>
do the "Beginning/Previous" command instead of just the "Previous" command?

Its super annoying when I am going through songs and accidentally skip a song I want to hear and not be able to go back to it.

Thanks

MrGoodtunes
Old
(Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 5th October 2010 at 02:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvB4EvA View Post
..."Beginning/Previous" command...
Looking at bimbam69's coding info TXT file, there is no such keyword for any skin button. However, one thing you can do is assign that function to a hardware button:

Options > Settings > Select Page > Hot Keys

If your device has available hardware buttons, assigning hot keys for all functions that are important to you is good for using device as player while driving, because (1) you can save battery by turning screen off & use hardware keys, and (2) you can feel and operate hardware buttons without taking eyes off road.

SvB4EvA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
Looking at bimbam69's coding info TXT file, there is no such keyword for any skin button. However, one thing you can do is assign that function to a hardware button:

Options > Settings > Select Page > Hot Keys

If your device has available hardware buttons, assigning hot keys for all functions that are important to you is good for using device as player while driving, because (1) you can save battery by turning screen off & use hardware keys, and (2) you can feel and operate hardware buttons without taking eyes off road.
Thanks for the reply, I have already assigned a hardware key to the function. It is just inconvenient...

ZeraX7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
should i uninstalled CorePlayer, before installing this ? because i think CorePlayer is a TCPMP Product too ? although iam not very sure, just because i was install TCPMP (Forgot what release) with CP installed, that made problem in my Touch P3450..
until i format the phone.
thank you anyway

ZeraX7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
should i uninstall CorePlayer, before installing this ? because i think CorePlayer is a TCPMP Product too ? although iam not very sure, just because i was install TCPMP (Forgot what release) with CP installed, that made problem in my Touch P3450..
until i format the phone.
thank you anyway

bimbam69
Old
(Last edited by bimbam69; 10th October 2010 at 04:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
ZeraX7,
Although CorePlayer is successor of TCPMP, but it is made to be different than TCPMP and both players can coexist together. You more likely have installed TCPMP on top of some other version and settings or leftovers of it caused unexpected behaviour.

ZeraX7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbam69 View Post
ZeraX7,
Although CorePlayer is successor of TCPMP, but it is made to be different than TCPMP and both players can coexist together. You more likely have installed TCPMP on top of some other version and settings or leftovers of it caused unexpected behaviour.
actually, i was about to install it , but thank you for that info..
i got used to put myself to risks :P:P
thanks again

Tags
mkv, skin, tcpmp, tcpmp mkv flv sourcecode