Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Patch your lockscreen to enable MEDIA CONTROL and GESTURES (gest. are on TODO)

Tip us?

OndraSter
Old
(Last edited by OndraSter; 6th October 2010 at 10:02 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] Patch your lockscreen to enable MEDIA CONTROL and GESTURES (gest. are on TODO)

Hello
another of my (working) hacks, this time it is, everybody's wanted, LOCKSCREEN MEDIA CONTROL! We know that it was enabled on LG Fathom device, but I just made it working even on my TP2. Video of proof:

(sorry for quality, I have older camera)

Gestures are on my todo to be allowed next, I will hopefully before end of the week release patcher, that will enable it.

Where lays the problem - lockscreen asks for device if there is _something_ supported, I don't know what, because this function in aygshell is internal and thus not documented. I simply changed condition, that now it won't run part which just shutted door before allowing the media control .

Are you excited as me?

PS: This is control for WMP of course, not HTC player!

PPS: I know that will be supported hopefully all recent builds that have graphics for the media control. I have tested it on 21680, but 23569 has the graphics too I think. I am not going to flash 10 different builds, that's up to you to test it when I release the patcher tool .

How to use:
1) Download latest version of LockScreenPatcher (currently: test)
2) Download lockscreen.dll from your phone (Resco Explorer, RAPI tools, this will be automated maybe in later versions)
3) Run the LockScreenPatcher against the lockscreen.dll you just copied over
4) If everything goes fine, there should be message "File patched blabla"
5) Now take newly generated file (lockscreen.dll_), rename to lockscreen.dll and put back to your phone
6) Insert into registry that value, as the application tells you
7) Reboot your phone
8) Voila

Donate to get access to new projects before they are released! (Since this project I'm making list of donators and I'll be launching "beta software" forum!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LockScreenPatcher_test.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.5 KB, 1795 views)
Lumia 920 + 800 - Official WP AppHub developer

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Do you like my work? Buy me beer.
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OndraSter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OndraSter
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Really? Nobody interested?

Let me put here first test version of the patching app, I tested it on few builds (23103, 21680) and it patched fine and works fine, updated first post...

Maybe it should be in Apps section instead?

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!

dotcompt
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OndraSter View Post
Really? Nobody interested?

Let me put here first test version of the patching app, I tested it on few builds (23103, 21680) and it patched fine and works fine, updated first post...

Maybe it should be in Apps section instead?
Hi mate, awesome find again.

Can you hack Oboe HTCLockScreen_2_0_20192329_00 too?

Oboe uses a different *.dll (customlockscreen.dll) so this patch wont work for sure.

Nice work
YOU CANīT RUSH PERFECTION

● Follow me on Twitter ●

● if you feel so ●

AlaneCzeQ
Old
Thanks Meter 4
everything works good on MIRI v22 ROM.

btw Netsky - Secret Agent FTW !
Device: HTC HD2
Android ROM: NexusHD2-Gingerbread V3.2a

Other devices:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Wave

OndraSter
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcompt View Post
Hi mate, awesome find again.

Can you hack Oboe HTCLockScreen_2_0_20192329_00 too?

Oboe uses a different *.dll (customlockscreen.dll) so this patch wont work for sure.

Nice work
I'm not sure it is there at all, because it uses HTC's own lockscreen. And I haven't seen graphics for that in the package I think. Sorry

====
====

ilbert
Old
(Last edited by ilbert; 7th October 2010 at 11:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Hei! That's wonderful! But i can't copy lockscreen.dll file. With "GS Finder" and "Total Commander" the phone says me: "Can't copy this file". Using resco explorer i don't find the file. Help!

SaBo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OndraSter View Post
Are you excited as me?
I don't know how excited you are, but I like it.

Thanks

Sascha
HTC Touch Pro (Raphael), Radio 1.14.25.35, WM 6.5.3 Pro (Energy RAPHAEL 21681 Sense 2.5 Cookie classic GTX Oct. 9)
Qtek 2020 (O2 XDA II) @ 200-530 MHz, Radio 1.19, WM 6.5.5 Pro (Build 28563 WWE 16 MB RAMdisk by aeroflyluby)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since 24 season 1 we know that all dramatic events take place around the full hour, so don't event bother watching the news at other times

Farmer Ted
Old
(Last edited by Farmer Ted; 7th October 2010 at 09:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88
The controls are appearing for me (need to slide sideways on the calendar), but they aren't working. I'm probably leaving out a dependency or two (build 21680). Here's a screen-cap.

Edit: Actually, the play button will launch WMP, but it won't play/pause music and I can't skip forwards or backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbert View Post
Hei! That's wonderful! But i can't copy lockscreen.dll file. With "GS Finder" and "Total Commander" the phone says me: "Can't copy this file". Using resco explorer i don't find the file. Help!
You need to use rom extractor or dotfred's task manager (depends tool--->dump rom library) to dump the module. Total commander won't work. And it's probably a hidden file, so you may not see it with some file explorers. I've attached the patched 21680 dll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101007133741.jpg
Views:	4799
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	415098  
Attached Files
File Type: zip lockscreen_21680.zip - [Click for QR Code] (216.0 KB, 437 views)
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09

OndraSter
Old
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
Must be some package breaking it up, works for me on 21680, tried few lockscreen.dlls, from 23138, 23103 and 21680 and all OK, using it often (I have media playback buttons on headphones though). 23569 should work too I think...

====
====

Farmer Ted
Old
(Last edited by Farmer Ted; 8th October 2010 at 12:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Yeah, I normally don't cook in CHOME or the Bronze packages, so that may be the issue. I added the dll's I thought I might need to the \windows folder (cmwmpplugin; bronzeres; chhome and something else), but that didn't do anything for me. I tried registering the dll's, and it only worked for the wmp plugin one. I may just have to cook those packages in. Of course, I could've just totally effed something else up, lol.
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09