Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION][SOLVED] ROOTING G2 Vision T-mobile

Tip us?

scrapin240
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzogiz View Post
Considering the overwhelming demand (they can't keep 'em in stock), I doubt returning the phone and trying to make the market speak will change HTC's mind. I was gung-ho about using this phone to replace my aging G1 (that's screaming with Froyo), but now I'm not so sure.

Also: if the T-Mo reps root their phones, are there any who frequent this board who can offer us some insight? Or do they have special G2s?
ur probably right, but they were talking about their other android phones, not their g2s.

ws.itguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not true. Many ended up returning their Droid X's and I think that's why their "resale" value (if traded in to Verizon) is less than an Eris and definitely less than an Incredible.

The only vote the consumers have is with their wallets. Make a stink about it when you return it to the manager. The noisy assed Sunchips bags are finally being changed due to a small drop in sales

konrad1337
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digikid View Post
I get it, that is the dump command. ok, I played with the sdk...I will do it live on my phone at home after work.
Np, glad I could help. I'm learning even more during this whole process too.
Phone: T-Mobile G1 > Nexus One > T-Mobile G2 > Galaxy Nexus
Tablet: Asus Transformer
Github: https://github.com/hillbillyhacker86

Alcoholic
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfrag View Post
I don't think TMo has anything to do with it ; If this is true, the fault lies with HTC..
Which is the biggest disappointment for me. I love my HTC phone because of it's ability to be hacked. It's what differentiated HTC and other manufactures.

Unacceptable HTC

hansalvato
Old
Thanks Meter 2
LAWSUITS FTW!haha jk
DEVICES:

MYtouch3g(Deceased)
ROM:CM6

iPhone(Deceased)
Jailbroken

iPhone 3G(Deceased)
Jailbroken

iPod touch 2G(Deceased)
Jailbroken

iPod touch 4G(Current)
Jailbroken

Tmobile MDA(Current)
WM6.1 touchflo

G2(Current)
ROM:CM7

NEXT:
HTC SENSATION!

grankin01
Old
Thanks Meter 650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan1203 View Post
Which is the biggest disappointment for me. I love my HTC phone because of it's ability to be hacked. It's what differentiated HTC and other manufactures.

Unacceptable HTC
Don't give up. Anything electronic can be hacked whether physically or logically. Hell, a toaster oven could be hacked and made to do whatever it is you do with a hacked toaster oven.

Plus, the "big dogs" are getting their hands on these devices now so it shouldn't be too much longer.
MyTouch 4G (rooted, superCID, etc)

HTC One X Rooted (No S = Off ... yet )

hansalvato
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01 View Post
Don't give up. Anything electronic can be hacked whether physically or logically. Hell, a toaster oven could be hacked and made to do whatever it is you do with a hacked toaster oven.

Plus, the "big dogs" are getting their hands on these devices now so it shouldn't be too much longer.
ive modded my toaster with a tegra 2 1 gig of ram 9.7 inch display but most amazing of all it knows when to stop so it doesnt burn my toast
DEVICES:

MYtouch3g(Deceased)
ROM:CM6

iPhone(Deceased)
Jailbroken

iPhone 3G(Deceased)
Jailbroken

iPod touch 2G(Deceased)
Jailbroken

iPod touch 4G(Current)
Jailbroken

Tmobile MDA(Current)
WM6.1 touchflo

G2(Current)
ROM:CM7

NEXT:
HTC SENSATION!

lbcoder
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrad1337 View Post
Here is the boot and recovery imgs if still needed

http://db.tt/QjykG3F
I'll take a look at that and hopefully something will be interesting to look at.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
I would guess that mmc1 is the second, "hidden" partition on the iNAND. According to the data sheet, the iNAND supports split, independently addressable partitions with various levels of programmable read/write protection.

What it looks like we need to be concentrating on are the CSD Register and the EXT_CSD Register. Pages 21-24 in that data sheet lists the parameters of the and what bits in the register control what.

I don't really know what I'm doing and they're are not for Android, but maybe there's some clues in these Linux drivers:

http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin...mmc/core/mmc.c
http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin...inux/mmc/mmc.h
http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin...core/mmc_ops.h
Are we sure that sdcard is mmc2 and not mmc1? I haven't seen any mmc2's in anyone's command outputs, and I would suspect that it should be visible in something... if mmc1 *is* the missing space, then that is a very good sign.

lbcoder
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzogiz View Post
Considering the overwhelming demand (they can't keep 'em in stock), I doubt returning the phone and trying to make the market speak will change HTC's mind. I was gung-ho about using this phone to replace my aging G1 (that's screaming with Froyo), but now I'm not so sure.

Also: if the T-Mo reps root their phones, are there any who frequent this board who can offer us some insight? Or do they have special G2s?
Please don't fall for the marketing nonsense about having a hard time keeping them in stock.. it is 100% artificial, exactly the same way as the fruit company does it.

jtc442
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Here is an email directly from HTC a few minutes ago.

"I understand how important it is to know the extent you can customize your device to and I appreciate your interest in software and development. HTC is not aware of any Root Kit or Blocking feature on the G2. It is quite possible such a feature was added by Google or the Carrier. Please be aware that third party roms even on our older devices do void the warranty on a phone and we can not support them. The only thing we would be able to do is direct you to some of the feedback sites and our support forums located at http://www.htc.com/ us/. We can only support the ROM that came on the device or updates provided at carriers request for a device."

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe