Fully functioning Hulu for any rom.

Search This thread

daniel06gt

Jul 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Glad it's working for everyone. What the dev did was change the hex on the Flash player so it thinks you're running windows.... No worry about stagefright changes or anything. Super simple, and it works!! :)

Shane112358

Sep 1, 2010
Just because it's not that intuitive, here are more detailed instructions. I'm on stock Sense, by the way.

1. Download the hex-edited flash apk in the first post
  2. Download the Hulu Zip file which is in the second or third post of the linked thread from the first post here
  3. Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage/Uninstall Adobe Flash
  4. Titanium Backup - uninstall Adobe Flash
  5. Reboot into recovery
  6. Flash the Hulu Zip file
  7. Reboot
  8. Install the hex-edited flash apk

It's nice to have but seems pretty buggy and choppy even over WiFi. Considering Hulu desktop for PC is choppy I'm not at all surprised... :rolleyes:

xtravbx

Aug 23, 2010
Getting an error when trying to uninstall Flash.

Failed to locate APK. Uninstall failed.

Anyone got a fix?

roofus3000

Nov 10, 2009
Hulu wont shut off!!

How do you turn off the hulu app when you close out of it? The sound stays on and I have to reboot the phone to get it to turn off. Any suggestions?
BTW thanks for the instructions on the install...it worked to the letter. The website hulu works fine but the app hulu just wont turn off for me. I know this was mentioned before but i could not find the solution anywhere!

daniel06gt

Jul 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Just because it's not that intuitive, here are more detailed instructions. I'm on stock Sense, by the way.

2. Download the Hulu Zip file which is in the second or third post of the linked thread from the first post here
  5. Reboot into recovery
  7. Reboot

It's nice to have but seems pretty buggy and choppy even over WiFi. Considering Hulu desktop for PC is choppy I'm not at all surprised... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the detailed instructions. It'll help a lot of people! :)

pbarrett

Sep 11, 2009
Plano, TX
I just used Root Explorer to delete the install-flash.apk file I had in /system/app,
then clicked the hex-edited flash.apk and said Install.
It asked if I wanted to replace the currently installed app, and I said yes.
Works fine for me.

Skeptron

Jul 27, 2010
California
edit:

Alright I installed it but the Hulu app is still crooked when maximized in landscape mode.

Vael ROM

Last edited:

kudosmog

Aug 2, 2010

5. Reboot into recovery
  7. Reboot

I was able to just extract the hulu.apk and install both that and the hex-edited flash apk to get it working (instead of flashing the whole zip).

godfirst

Jul 6, 2010
Somewhere Giving God All The Glory!
Having the same issue. Tried everything I can think of and still fails to install.

After you've uninstalled the flash player with titanium, just reboot your phone so that the phone clears out the system of the old one existing, once phone boots up go and install the hex version and it will install without saying do you want to replace one. It kind of reminds me of a windows computer after you uninstall a program you have to reboot the computer so that the system gets the cache or what have you out of the computer systems location. Also this worked for me and hulu app that comes with Ava V9 works flawlessly and i'm able to view in landscape mode with no issues.:cool:

fsalazar504

Aug 5, 2010
Works fully after: uninstalling flash (titanium backup), rebooting to recovery, flashing hulu. app, rebooting , flashing flash hex edit, then rebooting. Works, but having a small issue with landscape mode (wasn't fitting properly). Guess I'll mess with it more and see what I'm doing wrong.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.105.7 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,105,7 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

1) Extract libflashplayer.so to sdcard
    2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x
    To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.15 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,106,15 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 the file.
    Fix for Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.16 - January 24, 2011

To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.16 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,106,16 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 the file.
    First of all I take no credit for any of this, I've just found it works on 3 roms i've tried. CM6, Ava9, and Fresh. Just titanium backup Uninstall your Flash. And Install this one:

Edit: Just flashed MIUI and it works on it too. Hulu app only and not for the hulu.com though..
    Edit 2: about:debug on browser set UAString to Desktop and it runs on browser too.

Obama's>god fix:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=794512

And if you don't have the Hulu App get it from here AvalaunchMods:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=720682
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say you pasted libflashplayer.so. What did you use to do this?
    And here is a link for the Hulu app. It comes from Ava's thread. The link is to my DropBox. http://db.tt/Q9mFvEE

Sent from my EVO rockin' MikFroYo!