Another test: Wizard ROM ported to BA
Edited 26 jan 2006
I've uploaded a second test version of HTC Wizard's rom port to ftp://firstname.lastname@example.org/Upl...a_v2a_test.rar
(this is a v2 rom with a fixed camera)
USE THIS ROM AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
This version is a complete Wizard's ROM including:
1. Working MMS client
2. Midi/mp3 ringtone support
3. DirectX mobile/Direct3D mobile (xscale-optimized 3D driver)
4. Built-in cyberon voice-dial
5. Wizard's battery indicator, device lock on today
6. Some cosmetic changes
7. 32 Mb RAM disk
8. Bug fixes from the previous version (for example now you can add picture to contact).
There is no need to install any of the old CAB-files with fixes on this ROM. All needed fixes are included in "EXTROM" folder.
The "EXTROM" folder has changed from the previous ROM version. You need to do a hard reset before using this ROM!
1. Bluetooth disconnect bug is still there. I have an idea, but would check it later.
2. The device cannot be used as an IR/USB modem. This can be fixed, but I don't have enough time.
3. It seems that midlet manager is not working. Probably this is a bug in original wizard's ROM.
1. Modify the operator as needed and if needed:
xda3nbftool.exe nk.nbf nk.nba -x 0x20040521
xda3nbftool.exe nk.nba nk.nbf -x 0x20040521
2. Create "EXTROM" foder on your storage card, copy there the contents of EXTROM
folder from this archive. The full name of this directory on your device should
be "\Storage Card\EXTROM".
2. Flush the ROM
3. Make the hard reset (press camera+record+reset buttons, select "format storage")
4. Boot. During the first boot the CAB-files from "EXTROM" folder would be
installed. They are unsigned, so you should press "yes" when asked, and
install them to the default folder. This process would be silent on newer
builds of this ROM.
Note for modifying the EXTROM folder:
All CAB-files should have read-only attribute set. Otherwise they would be deleted after installation. This would be fixed in the future releases. And
Config.txt is renamed to Cfg.txt.
Missing-Files.CAB - must be always installed. Wizard's ROM is larger than ours, so several files had to be removed and placed to this CAB.
Default_SmartDialing_enable_0915_signed.CAB - these 4 are from original Wizard's ROM.
Camera2K5.cab - camera app and drivers
Note regarding "RAM Disk32". I recommend to move temporary internet files and install unnecessary apps there. Its contents would survive soft reset, but would be cleaned if the battery is removed. The RAM Disk driver is taken from www.buzzdev.net