Just wanna say Thank You!
My name is Randy Khoo. I'm from the South East Asia region.
Just wanna say thanks to all of you guys for your help, namely wag3slav3 and Paul.
Just to put down this for the other SEA boys.
1) I started off with my goldcard creation (no problems) and followed Paul's advice at unlockr.com
2) I encountered problems with step 1 -> Remote 43 main check version fail
3) I bumped into this thread and gave your steps a try.
4) I ran crackin and reached
crwxrwxrwx 1 1001 2002 90, 0 Jul 19 16:19 /dev/mtd/mtd0
However, i kept getting permission errors while attempting this.
5) decided at this point to just give the downgrade a try anyway...
6) I succeeded and I continued Paul's instruction for Step 1 and Step 2...
7) Sweet success! Thank you...
Really appreciate this community of dedicated developers making rooting possible on the legend!
However i had a few speed bumps i wanted to run through with anyone else of you here that are experts in this field.
1) I had problems accessing SuperUser after the Step 2 => solved by restarting my phone.
2) ROM Manager / ClockWorkMod -> i've installed this and backed up my ROM. I wish to install Azure 6.0.0, however i am not sure if this requires a goldcard?
3) After the downgrade, i noticed there's an upgrade to 1.31.405.5 (3.89MB) when i do a system update. What will happen when I download this? Will it close up all the root vulnerabilities, letting me start all over to where i began in the first place? Will my phone brick with this update?