[REPAIR]HD2 random rebooting
Ok, i've given up.
My HD2 is driving me nuts, i've been taking it for granted for a long time, but i've decided to send my HD2 for repairs.
Maybe some users can identify themselfs in my symptoms and perhaps go for a repair as well. I'll try to keep you guys up to date on this situation.
18/10 - Received my repair ticket. Scheduled pickup tomorrow between 08:00 and 10:00 GMT +1.
19/10 - Phone got picked up by courier service, 8.30AM in the morning.
20/10 till 25/10 - No change in status and/or picked up!
26/10 - Decided to call after a prolonged status update. Summary of conversation: "Yes, everything is fine. No the status hasn't been changed, but you should receive your phone back in about a total of 2 weeks, so somewhere next week i guess."
27-10 till 2/11 -- No change in status and message.
3-11 - Received a package back with my repaired phone! Results: Boardswap, phone shutdown while diagnosing at the repair center. They even replaced my camera lens!
Total repair time due:
The following below describes the problems that occur (allot!), perhaps you can identify yourself in this as well.
- Phone restarts (randomly) and holds at the HTC boot logo when back(bottom)cover feels warm-to-hot.
- Phone reboots when back(bottom)cover is warm, but not hot enough to hang at HTC boot logo, but soon after booting to Windows mobile, the device may reboot again.
- Browsing Internet (3G/HSDPA)
- Listening to Music (through SD card)
- Playing a game
- Having a (long) phone call the device
(temporarily) fix for issue:
1. Do a ‘Battery-Pull’ (extracting the battery) which shuts down the device.
2. Let it cool down for a couple of minutes until the back(bottom)part doesn’t feel warm enough anymore.
3. Re-insert battery, and restart phone.
4. If cooled down enough, the phone will restart correctly when powering up the device, until issue happens again, where step 1 needs to be done again.
The above mentioned issue don’t happen when the devise isn’t put under ‘load’ (I.e: use applications/browse(the web)/music etc). Putting the phone in sleep/standby or just sending a text message will not reboot the phone.
Tried the following official fixes:
- Hard Resetting the device > Issue remains.
- Updating to a new (official) ROM (RUU_Leo_HTC_NLD_1.48.404.2_Radio_Signed_15.28.50. 07U_2.05.51.05_2_Ship.exe )
> Issue remains, even after a Hard reset with above noted ROM.
- Formatting and/or removing the SD card from the Device > Issue remains.
Tried the XDA fixes:
- Different Radios: Any radio in the official HD2 Radio topic
- Many different Roms
- Formatted the SD card, tried a different one, and even None.
Seeing to have tried all options relating to a software issue, I think this might be a hardware issue.
Contact with HTC:
Having sent some messages over with HTC they sent me this last message:
(Tech)) Close Pending Hi Maseo, Thank you for letting me know. It really sounds like a hardware issue. Please let us know if you need anything else. Kind Regards, 2010/10/18 12:42:46