Blocks LWP (V1.0) RC1

Search This thread

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Blocks Live Wallpaper has gone RC1! There is now a free and paid version, i hope i split the features up enough to keep everyone happy :).

Here is my list of what i am working on adding in the future, tho not in this order.
Code:
To-Do List
:Fix Any Current Errors
:Support all Screen Resolutions [color=red][Done as of V0.7.50][/color]
:Save game state on screen of, load save state on screen on
:Better debug system
:Custom AI values
:Level Progression
:Custom text output, lines, fps ect

Change Log
Code:
1.0    - ALOT of stuff, just check it out ;)
.8.01 - Settings will now stick over a soft reset, default speed set to 100;
.8.00 - Fixed endless "Loading Wallpaper" bug;
.7.50 - All Resolutions supported, bug fixes;

attachment.php
attachment.php

Please note this is a BETA, any and all advice is greatly appreciated:)

Previous downloads: 1327dls

You may continue to download from here but if you wish you may download it from the Marketplace also for active updates.
MarketPlace Link Free: Free
MarketPlace Link Pro: Pro

If you like the app please support it by clicking on a few ads in the setting screen :)

Attachments

• snap20101023_073616.png
    snap20101023_073616.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 3,813
  • snap20101023_073557.jpg
    snap20101023_073557.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3,743
  • device7.png
    device7.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 6,160
  • snap20101102_103236.jpg
    snap20101102_103236.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 6,131
Last edited:
Reactions: movieaddict

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
I am using this thread as a Public Beta for my program Tetris LiveWallpaper.

Anyone can use this software, thought it is meant for WVGA phones, i can not attest to how it will work on any other res phone. My only plea is that if you download my software that you leave a small comment in this thread with your thoughts, problem you might have, stuff you would like to see, ect.

I reserve the right to sell in the future. Right now i plan to ether make it adware or have a free and pay for versions. Though this is not set in stone.

Here is my list of what i am working on adding in the future, tho not in this order.
*Will add soon*

Please not this is a BETA,

to set this lwp go to where you set wallpapers, select live wallpapers, then select Tetris LWP, there you can also change any settings as you need.

Hey jug,

Nice one. I will test it in my EVO. Care to post a few screenies so that I can make an article about it? :)

hoovnick

Mar 18, 2010
Downloaded and installed just fine. Just hangs on "Loading wallpaper" when I choose it. Doesn't freeze or anything, just sits there like its loading, but never loads.

Oh, using an Eris running KaosFroyo v37.

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Hey jug,

Nice one. I will test it in my EVO. Care to post a few screenies so that I can make an article about it? :)

Sure i will do that later when i when i have time :). Though you might want to wait till i get around to releasing V1.0, of course that is your choice though.

Downloaded and installed just fine. Just hangs on "Loading wallpaper" when I choose it. Doesn't freeze or anything, just sits there like its loading, but never loads.

Oh, using an Eris running KaosFroyo v37.

Yes does do that, im pretty sure i know why also. But after applied it should work fine. Is it not for you?

Last edited:

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Nope, I let it go into standby while waiting for it to apply. Then I told it to set wallpaper anyway, just goes back to my current wallpaper.

interesting, ill have to add some debug code to it to try and see whats happening, do you in by any chance have alogcat installed? if so, do a see if a crash report comes up when you try and set it, if not do a filter for DroidTris.

My next act will be making this debug process easier and automated xD.

Also your screen is hvga, where this app is meant for wvga, i was under the impression that it should still run...I will have to do more testing ;).

Last edited:

hoovnick

Mar 18, 2010
interesting, ill have to add some debug code to it to try and see whats happening, do you in by any chance have alogcat installed? if so, do a see if a crash report comes up when you try and set it, if not do a filter for DroidTris.

My next act will be making this debug process easier and automated xD.

Also your screen is hvga, where this app is meant for wvga, i was under the impression that it should still run...I will have to do more testing ;).

D/DroidTris(23715): Failed to receive path from java
W/LivewallpaperPreview(23706): Wallpaper service gone:
CompositeInfo{jug6ernaut.lwp.tetris/jug6ernaut.lwp.tetris.
TetrisWallpaperService}

Hope that's what you need.

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Nope, I let it go into standby while waiting for it to apply. Then I told it to set wallpaper anyway, just goes back to my current wallpaper.

Same issue here. Also, if you try to modify settings, it will go back to the preview screen by itself randomly. Lastly, there is no icon for when you want to choose the LWP.

Hope this helps you a bit

Tried it on my EVO.

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
D/DroidTris(23715): Failed to receive path from java
W/LivewallpaperPreview(23706): Wallpaper service gone:
CompositeInfo{jug6ernaut.lwp.tetris/jug6ernaut.lwp.tetris.
TetrisWallpaperService}

Hope that's what you need.

Same issue here. Also, if you try to modify settings, it will go back to the preview screen by itself randomly. Lastly, there is no icon for when you want to choose the LWP.

Hope this helps you a bit

Tried it on my EVO.

Interesting, i had another person test it out and he is having the same problem. Idky it is happening but ill figure out. In the mean time i might release a version that does not use the system that is failing, tho this is why im doing public testing bc this problem isnt happening to the small group of ppl i had for private testing xD. Thanks for the info btw, ill post when i have an update :).

spiffenkagen

Oct 17, 2010
Works on wf, but i think its too fast, if you know what i mean. Also its only displayed in the top half of the screen...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Scrtcwlvl

Aug 4, 2008
Just downloaded and installed v0.7.01 and it works fantastically on my nexus one.
Currently set to 100ms delay with all white pieces and is gorgeous to say the least.
Amazing job once again Jug.

EleCtrOx666

Aug 6, 2009
Last release not working. Stuck on "Loading Wallpaper" ... But I can enter settings. If I apply, a static wallpaper is shown.

HTC Desire AuraXTSense 7.9(Froyo)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blocks Live Wallpaper has gone RC1! There is now a free and paid version, i hope i split the features up enough to keep everyone happy :).

Code:
    To-Do List
    :Fix Any Current Errors
    :Support all Screen Resolutions [color=red][Done as of V0.7.50][/color]
    :Save game state on screen of, load save state on screen on
    :Better debug system
    :Custom AI values
    :Level Progression
    :Custom text output, lines, fps ect

Change Log
    Code:
    1.0    - ALOT of stuff, just check it out ;)
    .8.01 - Settings will now stick over a soft reset, default speed set to 100;
    .8.00 - Fixed endless "Loading Wallpaper" bug;
    .7.50 - All Resolutions supported, bug fixes;

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Please note this is a BETA, any and all advice is greatly appreciated:)

Previous downloads: 1327dls

You may continue to download from here but if you wish you may download it from the Marketplace also for active updates.
    MarketPlace Link Free: Free
    MarketPlace Link Pro: Pro

If you like the app please support it by clicking on a few ads in the setting screen :)
    Any news on the next update?

Thanks for asking.

The next update is still being worked on, sadly because of school & work i have had far less time then i wish to work on it.

I am trying to go from v.8.01 straight to v1.0, & with this release have a free version and a payfor version. I am currently working on the PayFor version trying to have enough features to warranty a payfor version while also making the free version worth having. I dont want to screw ether side over.

Currently the PayFor version will have everything the free version has but with as many aspects as possible be customizable.

Currently including:
    Color(free will have 4-5 default themes to choose from)
    AI: change ai values and "possibly" import your own c++ code for the ai. (Default will have 3 skill levels to choose from).
    Tile Texture: Free will have the solid squares as the current release has as well as the texture in the picture last page. $ version will allow user to import there own gfx.
    Grid: Free can use a white grid, $ can change color.
    Floor Rise: Same for all versions, rise floor 0-4 tiles(to raise above launchers ect)
    Fall rate: Normally(as in any tetris game) or instant drop. Same for free & $
    Show/Hide Shadow: Same for both versions

$ only features:
    Game speed represent battery state.
    Color hue correspond to time of day.(7pm-7am all black & white, 7am-7pm slowly change to full intensity) Fully customizable.
    User ability to play game. Still working on this...not sure how to best to let the user control the game.

I apologize first because it is taking so long, second because this is horridly written :S.
    please update the link. or attached the file .. :)