Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Windows Phone 7 selling in New Zealand

OP Captainkrtek

21st October 2010, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 553

2,514 posts
The WP7 devices are now selling in New Zealand.
Checkout this article
Thanks _pilot_
Last edited by Captainkrtek; 21st October 2010 at 01:27 AM.
21st October 2010, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1

93 posts
More
Why so long for sales in the US? Why is the US three weeks behind the rest of the world in the WP7 release? Is it a network or service provider issue?
21st October 2010, 02:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo01

Why so long for sales in the US? Why is the US three weeks behind the rest of the world in the WP7 release? Is it a network or service provider issue?

Honestly I think Microsoft is using the international launches as a sort of final beta test before the November launch in the US.

Critics here will be much more vocal about any issues than in other parts of the world, so it makes sense to iron them out before it hits US news channels.
21st October 2010, 02:54 AM   |  #4  

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridox

Honestly I think Microsoft is using the international launches as a sort of final beta test before the November launch in the US.

Critics here will be much more vocal about any issues than in other parts of the world, so it makes sense to iron them out before it hits US news channels.

Yeah thats probably what they are doing but its not that long till the US release.
21st October 2010, 02:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Washington DC

93 posts
More
Quote:

Maybe. I just think that it is funny that MS's largest product in years is launched outside of the US first. MS is an American company. I have no issue with this, just curious as to why. I wonder if att is the cause of the delay?

When does the "rest of world" holiday shopping season start. US is considered Thanksgiving, so a November launch makes perfect sense. Get some buzz and word on the street by the time we are done eating turkey. Canada has their Thanksgiving a week before, so that makes sense as well.
21st October 2010, 03:38 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

194 posts
More
Quote:

In my opinion, there's no way they're going to pinpoint bugs and create patches in 3 weeks. Especially hard if these overseas users aren't as vocal, as you say. Then what, as soon as you buy your WP7 here in the US you'll be forced to update it right away? Not buying it and in fact I think this is ridiculous that a company would even think about doing that.

I'm betting it's a US carrier delay.
Last edited by juggs; 21st October 2010 at 04:32 AM.
21st October 2010, 04:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

61 posts
More
i went to see it before it was on sales cuz my friend works in vodafone. don't really like the feel of the HTC.. i'll be holding it off till i get other choices in brand, i don't like HTC LG and Samsung in the design of these phones.. i need a keyboard and good camera.. does anyone know if SE going to make a wp7 phone.. i'm using the x2 now and i have to say it as given me a run for my money...
Last edited by amdx2; 21st October 2010 at 04:33 AM.
21st October 2010, 09:35 AM   |  #8  

56 posts
More
In Austria A1 (network operator) sell all three windows 7 phones + a free Xbox 360 today (21.10)
It's a nice sale but I'm very happy with my HD2 with Android on it

Here is the link: windowsphone7xbox
21st October 2010, 09:54 AM   |  #9  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
wow HTC including Xbox...cool..hope they will do this in Asia..
21st October 2010, 10:23 AM   |  #10  

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louieyasashi

wow HTC including Xbox...cool..hope they will do this in Asia..

I think Microsoft is responsible for this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread