webOS like multitasking on ANDROID

Search This thread

magicriggs

Apr 27, 2010
Springfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s92BLUj6r0

app is called itching thumb... its free. can be used as a task switcher or a home replacement launcher.
app will let you easily switch between apps using a like cards preview of all running apps, similar to palm pres and pixie. Great app and very stable. no FC on my evo....(knock on wood)...just select it as your home button, and your good to go!

Itching Thumb (Task Manager)
by Johan Cloetens
5,000 downloads, 138 ratings (3.7 avg)
Free
rating8.png

Edit: update is out, it's a manual one. It gets rid of the bottom dock in itching thumb.

Last edited:

psychopsilocin

Jun 23, 2010
I couldn't get the double click feature working that makes itching thumb pop up. I did, however, bind itching thumb to my long press home button under cm6 settings and this thing is smooth as hell!

It's a shame that it only works in portrait mode though :(

Reactions: dr_chunk

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
I cant get it to work? I have it set to my default but when I press home it takes me to the regular lpp home screen?

Swyped from my HTC Evo 4G on the MetroPCS 1X network!

nhutpham

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks for showing me this magicriggs, I love it!

The extra app launcher on the bottom is sweet too!

Also, nice magic tricks, you're good!

Last edited:

rebosxl

Jun 17, 2010
You have to double tap the home screen button.

It doesn't kill the apps correctly, when it does this is gonna be PRO!

Ezalis

Jul 8, 2010
Orlando, FL
I changed the center button in ADW so the swype up gesture opened itching thumb. This and the touchstone are the 2 things I miss from my pre.

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
This is multitasking done right. Android needs this type of app built in. Gives it a nice feel to the phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

magicriggs

Apr 27, 2010
Springfield
yea this is awesome thanks everybody for your kind words! :) yea as soon as i found this app i knew i had to share with my fellow xda brothers. cheers!

fchipm

Jan 7, 2010
Seems quite awesome - but looks like it's messed up my home button action with LauncherPro.

Instead of bringing me back to the homescreen and opening screen previews (like I've set Launcherpro to do) the screen just flashes when I single press the home button. Hmmm.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Does anyone know how to get rid of the dock at the bottom? A lot of the screen shots I've seen have no dock yet mine does and I have no use for it.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

fchipm

Jan 7, 2010
Seems quite awesome - but looks like it's messed up my home button action with LauncherPro.

Instead of bringing me back to the homescreen and opening screen previews (like I've set Launcherpro to do) the screen just flashes when I single press the home button. Hmmm.

Upon further playing it seems my issue has to do with the double-click time out setting. Does anyone's home button do what it's supposed to in your launcher?

liquidkernel

Aug 12, 2008
Oh wow! This is AWESOME. I'm curious what you did to make the status bar and All Programs menu translucent?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link to itching thumb 0.7.4

Here is Itching Thumb version 0.7.4.

I found this thread while searching for an update. Sad to hear it's discontinued but happy to post the latest version for others... I'm still using this app but dunno if it'll work on newer Android ROMs like 2.3 vanilla-icecream-sanwitch-pancake-vegemite-lollie (or whatever) I'm using an older version of LeeDroid based on Android 2.2.1 froyo as newer versions don't run the core apps I like.

Thanks to Johan Cloetens for making this great app. If you read this plz reconsider making new updates for this app!
    i too cannot find it on the market
    im running cm7 current nightly.

guys guys guys come on now... you know there are other places other than the market to find things... sometimes you have to go off the grid...tisk tisk tisk

I found this in 2 minutes and downloaded it in 2 more...I had this before but its on the web guys.... Enjoy and Hit Thanks if you are Thankful....

View attachment Itching_Thumb_v0.7.0.apk

app is called itching thumb... its free. can be used as a task switcher or a home replacement launcher.
    app will let you easily switch between apps using a like cards preview of all running apps, similar to palm pres and pixie. Great app and very stable. no FC on my evo....(knock on wood)...just select it as your home button, and your good to go!

Itching Thumb (Task Manager)
    by Johan Cloetens
    5,000 downloads, 138 ratings (3.7 avg)
    Free
    rating8.png

Edit: update is out, it's a manual one. It gets rid of the bottom dock in itching thumb.
    I am sorry I was not helpful enough for YOU but would like to say your welcome for those that hit thanks... Now as I did some further research there are a couple of apps on the market that may have similar attributes as Itching Thumb. Check link out and see if they are for any of you guys. They also seem to support 2.3. I have not tested any of these at time of posting.

Perfect Task Switcher Free
    Visual Task Switcher
    Wave Laucher $1.99

As always if I helped you out let me know... sorry to those of you that find my findings useless.....lol

Too much pride, mate your full of it.
    We're here to share and help each other out, its not a contest to see who gets the most "Thanks".

I only stumbled across this Launcher-complimentor recently but have been unable to install the latest version because it has been pulled from Android Market (yes I've checked it online/everywhere). Thank you for trying to help, just next time do it without attitude.

And as always, if I manage somehow, I will aide to share it with others and contribute by crash testing the app and helping the developer.
    I've been sitting on the (0.7.1) version for a few days. The Chinese version.
    I've scrambled it, and been checking through to see if I can make it CM7 happy. So far I only was able to translate it to English and that's about it.
    No dice.

Now that I've got version 0.7.4 (Thanks Yoshi) I'll be going through it, see if I can get it to work on my devices.
    My idea of the best phone/tablet UX would a perfect blend of WebOS+MIUI ROM that is customizable, this launcher can help me get halfway.

btw, for people who want miui rom but their device isn't supported... install cm7 and the qqlauncher-miui... its pretty responsive and miui-like