i created an App called 'MM Tracker' which is able to read QCT maps from Memory Map from SD Card and displays them.
The current GPS position is displayed and tracks can be recorded, saved and (re)loaded.
There is a free version called 'MM Tracker FREE' to test the App on your device.
The free version is just displaying your current position on the map.
All other features can only be used with the full version.
- Tracks are stored to SD card as GPX files
- GPS track will be drawn on map
- Track properties can be adapted (color, width and opacity)
- Overlay Manager for Tracks, Routes and Waypoints
- Waypoints can be created at GPS position or by manual entry of coordinates
- Routes can be created
- Displays compass on map
- Map can rotate in direction of travel or by compass
- Pinch zoom
- Support for landscape and portrait display
- MMI files can be used to search places
- New maps at current position can be selected with context menu
- Maps with larger/lower scale can be selected with on screen buttons
- When leaving the current map a new map will be automatically loaded (when available)
- 'Lock to GPS' can be enabled to scroll the map while you are moving
- 'Screen Lock' can be enabled to prevent unwanted touch input
- When device is switched off (standby) MM Tracker is still recording tracks
- Displays the map scale
- Volume buttons can be used to zoom in and out
- MM Tracker does not support the new Memory-Map format QC3 / DRM encrypted QCT!
- Due to limitations of the Android NDK currently only maps smaller than 2GB are supported! If the map is bigger than 2GB, the map tiles beyond 2GB will displayed as white tiles.
- 'MM Tracker' runs on Android 2.1+. For Android 1.6 there is a special version of 'MM Tracker' called 'MM Tracker 16'
The development of 'MM Tracker' is ongoing and new features will be added frequently. Feel free to suggest....
You can find all info about 'MM Tracker' here: http://sites.google.com/site/mmtrackerinfo/