Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Youtube 'Gingerbread' ported to Eclair

Tip us?
 
rolle3k
Old
(Last edited by rolle3k; 24th October 2010 at 06:26 PM.) Reason: Updated
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 132
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: dein Vater
Default [MOD] Youtube 'Gingerbread' ported to Eclair

Hiya,

due to my brother not having the luck of having Froyo on his phone I took a look at it and hacked the newst YouTube app to work with Eclair. I had to remove two calls and add android.util.base64 which was introduced with Froyo. However, it should work flawlessly. If you encounter any problems, feel free to post here along with a little description and if possible a logcat dump of the exception.

Download:
http://ul.to/emt639

Old Download:
- http://ul.to/kxu37d
- http://www.mediafire.com/?5bdc88opu6qt9nz

You have to remove the default YouTube app before you can install this one over.

Using ADB Shell this should just work:
adb remount
adb shell rm system/app/YouTube.apk
adb uninstall com.google.android.youtube

then you can just install it over using the package manager or with adb (adb install YouTube_signed.apk).

Hope this helps, enjoy the re-designed Youtube app!
  • rollemod - YouTube App Modification for Eclair and Froyo
 
Darkyy
Old
#2  
Darkyy's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2970
Posts: 2,002
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Winterthur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolle3k View Post
Hiya,

due to my brother not having the luck of having Froyo on his phone I took a look at it and hacked the newst YouTube app to work with Eclair. I had to remove two calls and add android.util.base64 which was introduced with Froyo. However, it should work flawlessly. If you encounter any problems, feel free to post here along with a little description and if possible a logcat dump of the exception.

Download:
- http://ul.to/kxu37d
- http://www.mediafire.com/?5bdc88opu6qt9nz

You have to remove the default YouTube app before you can install this one over.

Using ADB Shell this should just work:
adb remount
adb shell rm system/app/YouTube.apk
adb uninstall com.google.android.youtube

then you can just install it over using the package manager or with adb (adb install YouTube_signed.apk).

Hope this helps, enjoy the re-designed Youtube app!
So is this the Eclair or Froyo Version?

[SIZE=1] >> Visit www.darkyrom.com for more addons and help! <<<
Follow me on Twitter!

Darky's Facebook Group - Community Support.
Darky's Facebook Group
You can donate to support DarkyROM.
 
ryan562
Old
#3  
ryan562's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 992
Join Date: Feb 2010
wow, thanks this works perfectly. i used root explorer to push the file. thanks again
Samsung Galaxy Note n7000
ClockworkMod-Based Recovery
Criskelo's ICS Touchwiz Rom v3
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
LPY Kernel

Apple iPad (3rd Gen)

Asus Transformer Prime Tablet
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Virtuous Prime Rom S Series 9.4.2.15 v1


http://www.youtube.com/boloe562
 
PhoenixFx
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 650
Join Date: Dec 2006
So this is Froyo's youtube app made to work with Eclair ??
Why does the title say gingerbread ??
 
Daneshm90
Old
#5  
Daneshm90's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 634
Posts: 3,309
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFx View Post
So this is Froyo's youtube app made to work with Eclair ??
Why does the title say gingerbread ??
"[MOD] Youtube 'Gingerbread' ported to Eclair"

In layman terms, its the youtube app from gingerbread ported to eclair
Scripts : Recovery Customizer Link Apk Manager Link Auto Deodexer Link Backup Manager Link Update.zip Modifier/Creator Link
 
PhoenixFx
Old
(Last edited by PhoenixFx; 24th October 2010 at 04:58 AM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 650
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneshm90 View Post
"[MOD] Youtube 'Gingerbread' ported to Eclair"

In layman terms, its the youtube app from gingerbread ported to eclair
I know what a mod and a port means ..
Just that OP's post is confusing, he is trying to help his brother who doesn't have Froyo, hence I assumed he is trying to port the latest version (which I thought Foryo's youtube app) to eclair.

EDIT : Just realized that the new Youtube app on the market is claimed by some sites as a Gingerbread youtube app. (and its only available for 2.2) .. ok now it makes sense.
 
davidhoria2@yahoo.com
Old
#7  
davidhoria2@yahoo.com's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2010
Works fine, thank you.
After you sign in to see your uploads, after exiting the app it doesn't run any more (force close).
 
torres76
Old
#8  
torres76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 596
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFx View Post
I know what a mod and a port means ..
Just that OP's post is confusing, he is trying to help his brother who doesn't have Froyo, hence I assumed he is trying to port the latest version (which I thought Foryo's youtube app) to eclair.

EDIT : Just realized that the new Youtube app on the market is claimed by some sites as a Gingerbread youtube app. (and its only available for 2.2) .. ok now it makes sense.
Does it matter just say thanks and stop being clever.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
 
ickyboo
Old
#9  
ickyboo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 829
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Syd
Good work man. Hope this gets pushed on to all eclair custom roms

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Seriously, People read this? meh

Team Darky Rom Staff Member
 
rolle3k
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Posts: 132
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: dein Vater
Fixed a API call that requires Froyo

http://ul.to/emt639
  • rollemod - YouTube App Modification for Eclair and Froyo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more