Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Helicopter Game V4.1 (2/19/2011)

Tip us?

fahim_k
Old
(Last edited by fahim_k; 19th February 2011 at 06:45 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Helicopter Game V4.1 (2/19/2011)

Helicopter Game on Android Market

Recent Changes:
* gradient caves and walls
* new title menu
* new font
* parallax backgrounds
* new UI layout
* new theme menu
* helicopter tilting
* improvements in performance
* option for changing game quality

Please try it out and let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions.
Text Selection using OCR!
CopyAndPaste Alpha Release

A new version of the classic
Helicopter Game
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fahim_k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fahim_k
Old
(Last edited by fahim_k; 20th November 2010 at 04:24 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Here is what my first theme looks like

Tutorial: Themes for Helicopter Game

Helicopter Game

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,035
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, its fun
orb

HTC Butterfly 2 - HTC One M8 - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

britoso
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
very nice
The trackball gives me more control than the touchscreen on my N1

I'd like to see background as pure black instead of gray. Will look into the theming part.
Software Developer (Java/J2EE)
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB -> PA 4.4.2 + XPosed
Phone: Galaxy Nexus-> OmniMetal CM11
Phone: Nexus One (killed while replacing the digitizer)-> CM10.1 AOKP Unofficial Nightlies
Tablet
: Nook Color -> CM10.1 Nightlies
Tablet
: HP Touchpad -> CM10.1 -SCHIZOID
Stick: CX-919 RK3188/2GB (4.2.2 Finless 1.6b. FHD no-OC. Antutu 16753 Quadrant 4723)

Links:
My Apps (ancient now) [CPUStatusLED] [MoreRecent]
My Threads
My Posts
Transparent widgets

fahim_k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by britoso View Post
very nice
The trackball gives me more control than the touchscreen on my N1

I'd like to see background as pure black instead of gray. Will look into the theming part.
Ok, I will make the background black in the next update. Thanks for trying it out and for the feedback. There is also a tutorial that I posted here on the forums if you are interested.

Helicopter Game

Snoduz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just downloaded this and gave it a try. It's a fun game; I used to be addicted to a similar version of the game (flash-based) a long time ago. This might turn out to be equally addictive, unfortunately.

One thing though: The collisionbox on the helicopter is a bit inaccurate, leading to annoying crashes where it looks like you're going to make it past an obstacle... but then you don't :P

fahim_k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoduz View Post
Just downloaded this and gave it a try. It's a fun game; I used to be addicted to a similar version of the game (flash-based) a long time ago. This might turn out to be equally addictive, unfortunately.

One thing though: The collisionbox on the helicopter is a bit inaccurate, leading to annoying crashes where it looks like you're going to make it past an obstacle... but then you don't :P
Thanks for testing it out, there is a problem with the collision detection because by mistake there are extra transparent pixels in the helicopter. Since I implemented a box collision it is counting the transparent pixels, there will be major fixes coming to the game next week and someone from the forum has volunteered to help with the graphics (and they are also working with me to improve the overall quality of the game)

Helicopter Game

MazinDLX
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yeah I'd 5 star once pixel issues fixed.. out of site out of mind especially when I'm getting into it

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App
Devices | HTC Droid Eris [Retired] | Motorollac Droid X [Retired] | HTC Vivid [Retired] | Motorola Droid Bionic [Retired] | Samsung Galaxy SII [Retired] | Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA [Current]
ROM | Android 4.0.2 | Rooted | Unlocked
Network | Verizon Wireless

fahim_k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Just added an update a few days ago with some major changes. I am planning to have a local high score leader board in the next version.

I am also thinking about writing a GUI theme maker but I would like to know first if anyone is interested in designing their own themes for the game.

Helicopter Game

3rror32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Helicopter game on android

How i get the soruce code i need one example!

tnks! = )

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more