Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

OEM SDK

28th October 2010, 12:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I've gone to a couple WP7 training courses and whenever the developers ask about having access to parts of the OS and things of that nature, the microsoft rep mentions theres a OEM SDK. That SDK is unavailble to normal developers and only available to OEMs. If any very resourceful xda members got ahold of that SDK and leaked it, we would see some very interesting apps! It would be a great start to a jailbroken/rooted app store or something of that nature. Just offer all the great apps that wouldn't normally get approved by MSFT. ie wifi tethering, emulators....
28th October 2010, 01:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
More
Unless you can magically make sideloading happen, this will not work.
28th October 2010, 02:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Linköping
Thanks Meter: 3

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatingn330

[...] It would be a great start to a jailbroken/rooted app store or something of that nature. Just offer all the great apps that wouldn't normally get approved by MSFT. ie wifi tethering, emulators....

I think that the OP is counting on some kind of "jailbreak" will solve that problem

(and so am I)
28th October 2010, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Actually if you have your phone registered as a dev phone, you kind of have a jailbroken one. Because you have the freedom to put any xap on you want.
29th October 2010, 06:48 PM   |  #5  

112 posts
It's just going to be the standard WindowsCE dev environment, right? All the WinCE libraries are on the phone, anyway. If you have Visual Studio, I think you can download the WindowsCE version from Microsoft, at least the trial version. Look around, you'll find it.
1st November 2010, 04:06 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

250 posts
There's still a limit on the number of apps you can load. I believe it's 10 apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatingn330

Actually if you have your phone registered as a dev phone, you kind of have a jailbroken one. Because you have the freedom to put any xap on you want.

1st November 2010, 06:31 PM   |  #7  

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridox

Unless you can magically make sideloading happen, this will not work.

Wait, but it will still require you to stay in the silverlight/XNA jailbox, right?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oem, sdk, wp7
Previous Thread Next Thread