XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OEM SDK

Tip us?

Skatingn330
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OEM SDK

I've gone to a couple WP7 training courses and whenever the developers ask about having access to parts of the OS and things of that nature, the microsoft rep mentions theres a OEM SDK. That SDK is unavailble to normal developers and only available to OEMs. If any very resourceful xda members got ahold of that SDK and leaked it, we would see some very interesting apps! It would be a great start to a jailbroken/rooted app store or something of that nature. Just offer all the great apps that wouldn't normally get approved by MSFT. ie wifi tethering, emulators....

Iridox
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unless you can magically make sideloading happen, this will not work.

Sir. Haxalot
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatingn330 View Post
[...] It would be a great start to a jailbroken/rooted app store or something of that nature. Just offer all the great apps that wouldn't normally get approved by MSFT. ie wifi tethering, emulators....
I think that the OP is counting on some kind of "jailbreak" will solve that problem

(and so am I)

Skatingn330
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Actually if you have your phone registered as a dev phone, you kind of have a jailbroken one. Because you have the freedom to put any xap on you want.

athompson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It's just going to be the standard WindowsCE dev environment, right? All the WinCE libraries are on the phone, anyway. If you have Visual Studio, I think you can download the WindowsCE version from Microsoft, at least the trial version. Look around, you'll find it.

Ren13B
Old
Thanks Meter 19
There's still a limit on the number of apps you can load. I believe it's 10 apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatingn330 View Post
Actually if you have your phone registered as a dev phone, you kind of have a jailbroken one. Because you have the freedom to put any xap on you want.

athompson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridox View Post
Unless you can magically make sideloading happen, this will not work.
Wait, but it will still require you to stay in the silverlight/XNA jailbox, right?

Tags
oem, sdk, wp7