T-Mobile nationwide OTA UPDATE

Search This thread

Hosermage

Oct 11, 2010
So, I think the switch pro widget's hotspot switch is broken. I just tried another "hotspot toggle" free app and it works just fine. It even has an option to turn wifi back on when you turn off hotspot.

ThaGeNeCySt

May 13, 2008
I haven't seen anyone else speak on it but... does OC still work with the kernel without the use of those scripts?

mattstrike

Nov 3, 2010
Philadelphia
In case people want another set of clear instructions on manually updating, you'll find one at Android Central. (Sorry, I'm new and I can't post the url)

My heart was racing (my first Android phone), but it was really very simple - just take the time to read what's on the phone's screen - there are instructions… And for anyone thinking the update isn't working - be patient, even after the green progress bar finishes, it still takes some time for it to complete. My phone rebooted itself 2 or 3 times and it was finished.

Hope some of this helps.
Cheers

infinitron

Mar 25, 2010
Does anyone who has used wifi calling before know if it is possible to use wifi calling to call the US from a foreign country and only use your standard minutes? I'm traveling to asia and want to know if I can call the US without incurring any extra charges.

barnesk9

Sep 23, 2008
I've reading the pages of this threat and I don't see this answered. Do I have to have tmobile's data plan to get this update? I just have wifi right now and I have't gotten the update.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Yes you'd need to have T-mobile's data plan unless you installed it on your own

kcm117

Aug 21, 2009
Does anyone who has used wifi calling before know if it is possible to use wifi calling to call the US from a foreign country and only use your standard minutes? I'm traveling to asia and want to know if I can call the US without incurring any extra charges.

Correct. My brother in law had wifi calling on his t-mobile blackberry 9700. He went to the Bahamas and just used wifi calling there, it used standard t-mobile minutes and did not charge long distance or anything.

I would assume it would be the same for Asia, maybe just double check with t-mobile first.

mdayjr

Feb 14, 2010
Bentonville
Ok!! Downloaded the manual update from the first post and WOW!!! Wifi calling and tethering. Signal seems stronger but the real test is when I get back out on the road. No more memory though.Not the 4gb as advertised. No big. Sucka still hauls ass.:D

theratdude64

Aug 30, 2010
SLC UT
I duno how valid these are, because speed tests can be random... but Sitting in the same spot I did 2 before, and 2 after to see if it was noticeable

Before:
1648 down 1339 up
1132 down 1329 up

After:
2576 down 1283 up
1942 down 1290 up

ditchmagnet

Oct 4, 2010
Has anyone noticed crappy Quadrant scores now? I am only getting 1493 after restarting my phone with the update. So no longer can I OC (for now), but I am getting worse benchmark results.

-NVM. I was looking into it, and I guess thats about right. I guess I'm just in paranoid mode, LOL

Last edited: