[Q] my phone doesn't see either of my sd cards using 2.2

Search This thread

iflyabeech

I have searched and I can't find an answer..

I have installed virtually all of the current 2.2 ROMS and I cannot get any of them to recognize my sd cards...I have odined back to stock, and flashed over and over and every time, the phone will say "no sd card inserted" IT even did the same thing when trying to mount the sd cards through clockwork recovery with the OS not even booted up...

When I flash a 2.1 ROM back to the phone, it behaves perfectly and reads both SD cards normally. Any one else have this problem or know of a fix?

Wirelessmodz

Jul 13, 2009
i thought i had this issue last nite what i did was turn off usb debug then checked ask on connection in the usb setting and let it reboot and waited for it to reread everything then it was fine

ELStiko

Jul 26, 2010
If you had read all the posts of all those threads that you got the ROMs from, you would have seen that all the Froyo Roms had this issue. This has been posted many times over the past few days.

In Eugene's Froyo thread, you may find a fix for that.

iflyabeech

i thought i had this issue last nite what i did was turn off usb debug then checked ask on connection in the usb setting and let it reboot and waited for it to reread everything then it was fine

I am not talking about my computer not recognizing it, although it won't as well.. The phone itself show unavailable under both sd cards!

Last edited:

iflyabeech

If you had read all the posts of all those threads that you got the ROMs from, you would have seen that all the Froyo Roms had this issue. This has been posted many times over the past few days.

In Eugene's Froyo thread, you may find a fix for that.
I have read plenty of pages, and this is s huge issue and I haven't seen a thing on it. I can't even get to clockworkmod from 2.2 because it will not read my sd card.

If it has been posted so many times, could you please post a link to just one of them? I have been looking since Monday night! (Reading and searching)

One of the problems is xda won't allow 2 letter search terms such as sd....

ELStiko

Jul 26, 2010
I have read plenty of pages, and this is s huge issue and I haven't seen a thing on it. I can't even get to clockworkmod from 2.2 because it will not read my sd card.

If it has been posted so many times, could you please post a link to just one of them? I have been looking since Monday night! (Reading and searching)

One of the problems is xda won't allow 2 letter search terms such as sd....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833024
States that the SD card mounting issues have been fixed in the new version.

that is just one of the links. I am off to lunch. Will find more in about an hour.

iflyabeech

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833024
States that the SD card mounting issues have been fixed in the new version.

that is just one of the links. I am off to lunch. Will find more in about an hour.
Thanks.. I did see that, and tried it, but it doesn't work still..I made this post after flashing that ROM with the sd card supposedly fixed. I can't use anything that uses the sd card on this ROM that claims the fix or any other 2.2 rom. I would like to run obsidian...

Wirelessmodz

Jul 13, 2009
I am not talking about my computer not recognizing it, although it won't as well.. The phone itself show unavailable under both sd cards!

dude i was talking about my phone not the computer and the other guys rt did you not read all kinds of issues with this happing to people . my phones fine and i flashed like 5-6 different roms to the thing and none did it to me

iflyabeech

I did all this just for fun and its still the same! The phone says there are no sd cards inserted!
The computer still will not recognize it either!

ELStiko

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks.. I did see that, and tried it, but it doesn't work still..I made this post after flashing that ROM with the sd card supposedly fixed. I can't use anything that uses the sd card on this ROM that claims the fix or any other 2.2 rom. I would like to run obsidian...

There is a separate SD fix, but that was included with the new rom apparently. I have seen posts that those who pushed that fix had it work.

iflyabeech

I did get it rebooted into clockwork and wiped pretty much everything but the sdcard...did not do any good.. also tried moutning the sd card from clockwork with 2.2 installed...the sdcards did show up on the computer, but when clicking on them it said "Please insert a disk into this drive"

djkdawg

Mar 22, 2008
dallas
I have searched and I can't find an answer..

I have installed virtually all of the current 2.2 ROMS and I cannot get any of them to recognize my sd cards...I have odined back to stock, and flashed over and over and every time, the phone will say "no sd card inserted" IT even did the same thing when trying to mount the sd cards through clockwork recovery with the OS not even booted up...

When I flash a 2.1 ROM back to the phone, it behaves perfectly and reads both SD cards normally. Any one else have this problem or know of a fix?

i have researched this for 3 days straight and have found a solution, their is no fix

1.) if you remove your sd card and reboot the phone with it not in there, your internal memory will mount just fine.
2.) so that made me think it was something wrong with my external card, so i went and bought another one, samsung branded, 8 gig class2 card, and what do you know, it mounted just fine.
3.) i did found out that when i flashed back to 2.1 it would see my old sd card, but when i upgraded to 2.2 it wont.

its like 2.2 does not like certain branded sd cards, the one that wouldnt work on 2.2 was made by A-Data

iflyabeech

i have researched this for 3 days straight and have found a solution, their is no fix

1.) if you remove your sd card and reboot the phone with it not in there, your internal memory will mount just fine.
2.) so that made me think it was something wrong with my external card, so i went and bought another one, samsung branded, 8 gig class2 card, and what do you know, it mounted just fine.
3.) i did found out that when i flashed back to 2.1 it would see my old sd card, but when i upgraded to 2.2 it wont.

its like 2.2 does not like certain branded sd cards, the one that wouldnt work on 2.2 was made by A-Data

Interesting.. Thank you! I am rebooting without the sdcard now and sure enough the internal card is showing upQ@

Mine is an 8gb class 6 card.. not sure what brand... I am going to format the sd card and see if that helps!