[Q] Samsung Fascinate - BRICKED... HELP!!!
okay, so i'm very new to this rooting concept.
i rooted 2 days ago using Z4Root. It seems to have worked, installing SuperUser.
A friend directed me to BlackDroid.net, supposedly to get free apps. I went from my default browser on my Samsung Fascinate and installed a few apps.
One app i installed was Type Fresh. I was messing around with the fonts within the app, trying to understand what was actually changing on the phone. I had rebooted the device around 5 times within an hour after making (what I thought were) font changes.
After changing some fonts, the device began to malfunction:
- Upon reboot, the device will show the Samsung logo while playing the intro music for Galaxy S & Verizon Wireless.
- The device never gets passed this screen.
- After a battery pull, the device showed "downloading - do not turn off target!!!"
- I read in these forums that a battery pull should help. No luck. It still boots up the Samsung logo screen only.
- I've tried a factory reset by holding the volume keys and power button, but the device ONLY boots up into the samsung logo screen.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.