Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[App] sabHub

OP bean_ian

16th November 2010, 09:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Hi Guys,
sabHub has just gone live in the marketplace! As the name suggests it is a client that will interface with your sabnzbd+ install

Functionality at the moment includes:
-View Queue
-View History
-Add NZB via Newzbin ID
-Delete Individual Download
-Pause Individual Download
-Clear History
-Remove individual history items.
-Landscape view supported and shows more detailed information

It has a trial and costs 1.29 for the paid version however the only difference is the presence of a small ad on the 'Add NZB' page. So no time limitation or reduced functionality. However only paid up customers will get the Live Tile functionality when it is introduced (which will be very soon!).

Cheers,
Bean
http://beanware.blogspot.com

16th November 2010, 10:00 AM   |  #2  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040

22,287 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for sharing!
17th November 2010, 12:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 32

849 posts
More
just a Q... why have the refresh and the settings icons in the top left/right instead of following the rest of the apps by having it in the bar at the bottom where they belong?
17th November 2010, 09:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
@Gate Keeper A couple of reasons for this.

Firstly- The Microsoft UX Guidelines published say don't put a application bar on a panorama control which is what my UI is based around

Secondly- adding the application bar to the panorama control will reduce the usable space of the list which in portrait mode is pretty limited as it is.

Thirdly-There is a lot of dead space at the top of the panorama control that I wanted to make the most out of!

If you look at the eBay app, that's where I got the inspiration for the settings/refresh buttons- which I think in a panorama context work quite well.
17th November 2010, 12:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 32

849 posts
More
no worries, just thought i'd ask, wasn't have a dig at you or your app, sorry if it sounded like that. and yes i have noticed it on the ebay app, just not with the corner overlays that's all.
17th November 2010, 12:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Just installed and works great! Good job!

One thing though, the Get API code thing didn't just get the code, it also got a load of the HTML so didn't work. I'm using SabNZBD 0.5.3, not the latest version, maybe that caused a problem?
17th November 2010, 02:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:

no worries, just thought i'd ask, wasn't have a dig at you or your app, sorry if it sounded like that. and yes i have noticed it on the ebay app, just not with the corner overlays that's all.

no i didnt take it that way at all! I'm still finding my feet with wp7 development. any feedback on UX design etc is most welcomed and always good to start a discussion on these things!

@adamwebb28- Thanks for the feedback I'll look into the issue. Obviously a html scraping issue. I'm not on the latest version either so I'll have to see what the HTML layout changes are or come up with a more robust way to scrape the api key that will work across versions.
22nd November 2010, 11:14 AM   |  #8  

14 posts
Hi There, I just purchased the Non-Ad version. Excellent stuff. any Idea when we'll be able to use other repositories like NzbMatrix . Any Idea how i'd get a newsbin ID? Cheers
22nd November 2010, 11:43 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
@smoothbond thanks for supporting the app!
My eventual goal is to have a full newzbin/nzbmatrix search tool for WP7, whether this is in the form of a separate app or integrated into sabHub i'm not sure yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread