Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6
Sorry for posting a new thread.. I wanted to start over with a better control of it, with FAQ's involved, etc.
PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION!!! Thank you
Want a progressional review of the rom as it goes on? Read the amazing view by Blair at Gizmo Ninja!
Droid X ROM Review, rubiX ROMs! Updated 11/22/2010 Droid X AOSP/Vanilla ROM! | Gizmo Ninja
Since these two are so closely related, I'll be posting them together.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ONE IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE LEAK, ONE IS NOT
Change log from 1.8.6:
- Updated tweaks (credit to Collin_PH for some of them)
- Kernel tweaks (NO this is not a custom kernel upgrade of any sort, simply set the CFS to behave more like a BFS) i'd like to thank inkarnit for working on these behind the scenes with me. He helped me test the kernel tweaks
These kernel tweaks will kill your quadrant score. If you score ~900/1000, you know they are working. These quadrant scores are changed in the I/O scheduler, but increase cpu performance and the like. The phone OVERALL will run FASTER and SMOOTHER than before. THESE LOW SCORES ARE NORMAL. Linpack scores, on the contrary, will increase.
- Added transition animations (credit to Myn, and JsinLegacy for pointing them out)
- Re-optimized, zipaligned all apks and framework-res/moto-res
- OGG (sounds) optimized
- Updated moto files with 2.3.320 files (some anyways)
- Now compatible with OC on boot (seems to not work on the leak) and will not cancel out my tweaks
- Bootstrap is installed on boot (takes a few minutes), to reboot into recovery, either run the bootstrap app or type bstrap.sh -r in terminal emulator *STILL BETA*
- Some other things I can't remember right now, will update when my memory is better
Full changelog in previous threads, this is only the difference between 1.8.6 and 1.8.9/1.9.3
1.8.9 ONLY RUN THIS IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE 2.3.320 LEAK
1.9.3 ONLY RUN THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE 2.3.320 LEAK
I'd like to thank everyone that helped me and answered all my nonsense questions. AngDroid, Matt4542, BGill55, Wayne at WJD Designs, JsinLegacy, JRummy(especially) helped me a lot getting this ready, it wouldn't of been done without them!
Special Big thanks to Rainabba from Alldroid for helping me with this! He will be making something very big very possible very soon that will be incorporated into this rom the second I get it
**First 2.2.1 Droid X rom
Change Log from 1.6
- Added reboot option to power menu
- Security Features for my benefit
- Various code cleaning and fixing
- Couple of bug fixes
- Upgraded to 2.2.1 Drivers
- Framework better suits Generic (Lock screen tab placement, text placement)
- Tweaks tweaked
- More Blur removed than ever before
- Added 3G HotSpot app
- Home screen memory fix (credit to Beesley)
- App Widget Picker included (Can't remember who made this, anyone know?)
- Music Mod instead of Source Music app (Credit to Eliot Stocker)
- Added Car Home back since it was removed from market
This rom is smoother, faster, stronger than ever before. You all will NOT be disappointed.
- Made from my own base
- All apps Deodexed, Optimized, Zipaligned by Me
- De-Blurred COMPLETELY
- Build.Prop Tweaks (credit to Beesley)
- All AOSP apps compiled 11/10/2010
- ADW Launcher
- 3D Gallery
- WORKING PHONE INCOMING CALL SLIDERS! (Credit to me and AngDroid)
- Bloatware Removed
- 140+ MB Free in System at install!
- Certain Market apps removed (Download from market)
- Speed and Battery tweaks (Credit to me)
- Internal Memory Manager raised to give better stability, battery life, and performance.
- Syscontl.Conf tweaks (Credit to me/Pete)
- Zipalign Apks script. My original intent was to run this on boot, but it causes problems with certain themes, so RUN THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! type Zipalign_apks in terminal emulator to run (Credit to Pete)
- Updated BusyBox (Credit to JRummy)
- Various bug fixes from Fission 1.0/rubiX 0.5
- FaceBook now syncs to contacts! Sign in through FaceBook app!
- AMAZING NEW AND UPDATED Boot animation credit to WJD Designs!
- Battery percentage by the 10's, ACCURATE (images and fix credit to kejar31 since his coding rules and mine causes boot loops )
- Rounded corners in the status bar (Credit to Cyanogen team)
- Transparent Notification Pulldown
- Undervolt optional, to use my undervolt settings, run lowvolt.sh in terminal emulator
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days as I adjust and fix it, and will be uploaded either as 1.8.7 or a patch.
Please note, this has ZERO blur, except for settings, which isn't even blurry. Please do not ask me to add back in blur features
, that's not the point of this rom, nor can I support ANY blur features that are not already in here.
If you like my work, please consider clicking me to send me some red bulls