Weeds2000 gave it a go, and fixed the download of paid apps! im sure alot will be happy to read this.
Then i found another tweak in the screen driver, to increase framerate which currently was only 51. now its increased to 80.
on top of this, DerArtem is currently working on making it possible to use USB 3G dongles on our folio, so we can go online using the phone functionality in Android. I have for now, enabled some phone functions and activated the signal level indicator (might be annoying, but enhancement has a cost for now).
It also seems, that i by mistake had enabled locationservices in the build.prop, so at every boot the GPS, which we don't have, was enabled and caused an additional CPU load during a bootup. this is now fixed as well.
the update pack includes some fixes for wpa_supplicant issue, where it did not switch to the correct adhoc wpa_supplicant.
and weeds2000 has brought a new update to the orientation so compass works, but mouse is still wrong.
lastly it fixes the sensor readings which made your tablet unable to rotate.
A little more details on v1.3 update release..
V1.3 went through a public beta1 stage and issues were found and fixed where possible.
While fixing bugs in 1.3beta a 3D performance pack was found with the Viewsonic forum, and i tested it with our Folio, with changes as required to match our system. and it increased framerates. So that is now part of the new 1.3.
Furthermore the filesystem I/O performance bugs were found and fixed, and we now have a 330MB partition running on a loopback device, making database calls and small file changes much faster.
With the ElocityA7 i found the newest Flashplayer minor update revision, and of course replaced our Toshiba beta with the new one found.
Other users has suggested kernel tweaks which also has been added to the v1.3, one of them is the "swappiness" parameter, it is suggested to increase application handling on our folio and its now "live" in this release.
Sol Ido, provided us with the 0.3.4 edition of the FolioWidget, which includes a tricker enabler for switching between the regular wpa_supplicant and the wpa_supplicant for adhoc use also included in 1.3.
The orientation fix from weeds2000 is now default included into v1.3, but can be removed with a rollback patch found in the patches section in Post #1. it does have flaws like mouse pointer moves in "portrait" mode right now. compass should not be working correctly. but in general more apps utilizing the orientation/sensor is now working much better.
With FolioMod 1.3 a small milestone is reached, getting 3000+ in Quadrant score without actually cheating here :)
But of course Quadrant benchmarking is just one way of meassuring our device, CPU performance has not changed at all, so dont get too excited, but it does help in the overall experience of your tablet.
A little picture to document the problem with rotation on our tablet and other tegra2 tablets. click picture for better details.
as you see on the picture above, our tablet has native 0 degree in landscape mode where mobilephones got portrait native.. you can call this failure of nvidia, or someone else, but it seems that someone thinks this should be the standard.
if we can get the X and Y curve switched, we might just get it working normally.
- Version 1.2 introduce use of the official patch installer from Toshiba which shows progress bar indicator movements on the screen, if recovery menu is not shown.
- Version 1.2 offers the newest toshiba update 2.5.0053 features, but which?
- BadStorm2010 managed to get a custom kernel compiled, which for adds support for ext4(future support),OpenVPN and cifs support, so you can mount filesystems over network.
- The FolioWidget offers control of your hardware buttons to have lights enabled and turns off only when pressed (good during evening/night)
- By failure of mine, the Vending.apk (Market app) included in 1.2, slows down the folio, so to enhance and fix it, i added a patch which adds the newest Market app to our folio with new design and way of selecting apps (actually is much better).
- as the framework is new, i tried to include all old features as 360 rotation , wma/wmv , Google apps + /mnt/sdcard location fix and other small issues.
- Paid apps still remain an issue with toshiba framework, only solution for you that want/need it, is to use the old 0.2 edition with nvidia framework.
Currently the Toshiba edition 1.0b is having more issues than compared to 0.2a software wise. there is a freeze issues, and awake issues(solved,but fix is not released) and google paid apps cannot be downloaded.
So if you're ok without proper BT functions and usbstick unmounting, the 0.2a is probably you're best choice right now..
But if you need mouse/keyboard, usbstick proper unmount, 360rotation, the toshiba mod is the way forward.
I will try and get the freezing fixed, but more testing is needed..
the Toshiba mod was created due to all the small differences in the framrwork with Bluetooth, USB functionality and sdcard card functions. Like on phones, vendors always do a little customization, which not always serves all users nicely when the image is modded based on other models. But now the stock rom is available with modded functions, so all should be happy now.
- on top of the above mentioned changes, here are some more regular info
- The new 0.2a still has USB stick/sdcard unmount issues, which is only part of the toshiba framework to handle for now. Im working on getting it to work on stock android.
- Increased the desktop sizing to 7 vert/horz , so more space for widgets and placement.
- media player extract image information.
- Wpa supplicant will not show signal strength for now, but im sure the better functionality might compesate for this.
(this has been tested with my Galaxy S running tetherAP function, and i could go online using my mobile connection)
-Gapps,Angrybirds,Movieplayback(Yxplayer)+WMV/WMA, HDMI out, usb mass storage to pc, sdcard,usbstick, websurf+flash
- rotation , Market download, Power off,ad-hoc connectivity,.