Took the liberty of doing a teardown for all of you.
For those following along at home:
- Take off the back plate, remove the battery and the SIM card.
- Remove all screws (4 on the bottom, 2 in the middle and 2 at the top. Be careful not to strip them!)
- Using a guitar pick or case opening tool, remove the bottom plastic piece of the phone. Start at the top edges where the plastic meets the side.
- Using the same tool, remove the top plastic piece of the phone. This is incredibly tricky! There are 4 plastic clips on the back and 4 on the front, it is also held in place by adhesive. It wasn't incredibly hard to get off, but insane to get back on (I broke mine trying to get it back on and glued it into place)
- Using the clearance given to you by removing the top and bottom pieces, slide the case tool/guitar pick down the side and pop the phone apart. This sometimes requires quite a bit of force and a bigger guitar pick.
- Remove the back plate and see this...(image 16 on attachments, I can't post links yet ) Pop off the ribbon cables indicated at the boxes using the tool. Lift the main board assembly out of the phone.
- The main board is two levels and held together by thermal adhesive. Slide a guitar pick in between the two levels to carefully break them apart, taking into note that they are connected via a ribbon cable which needs to be removed once they are unglued from one another. This is the top level with the heat shields removed: (image 5 on attachments). The bottom with the heat shields removed reveals the main board. The front of this board is picture 3, the back is picture 7.
- Remove the two black screws at the top and use your tool to unclick all the clips on the two sides of the shield. Ensure to remove the antenna cable before lifting it out. When removed, the shield is in picture 9.
- Picture 10, screen assembly
- Picture 12 is the two top and bottom caps
- Picture 6 is the first plastic piece you remove once you take out the screws and the caps.
Thanks for reading and I hope this helps some of you guys do repairs/make a device purchasing decision! Feel free to ask me any questions.