An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Streamline Android Theming with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because I am too … more

TESTING: global kernel with a lot of changes ...

27th November 2010, 12:44 PM   |  #591  
Thanks Meter: 11

267 posts
More
try to figure out how alsa working and i found that there are diff in linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm/blobs/htc-msm-2.6.27/sound/soc/msm/msm7201.c

Code:
int msm_snd_init_rpc_ids(void)
{
      snd_rpc_ids.prog  = 0x30000002;
      snd_rpc_ids.vers  = 0x00020001;
      /*
       * The magic number 2 corresponds to the rpc call
       * index for snd_set_device
       */
      snd_rpc_ids.rpc_set_snd_device = 2;
      return 0;
}
the diff in snd_rpc_ids.vers value.CONFIG_MSM_AMSS_VERSION_6225 use snd_rpc_ids.vers = 0xaa2b1a44; and others use snd_rpc_ids.vers = 0x00020001;we might need to find out what value for our amss ie. 5225
28th November 2010, 10:57 AM   |  #592  
Flag Rishon LeZion
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perern

okay. thinking about getting Desire HD, Galaxy S I9000, or WP7

I really don't recommend the Galaxy S... I bought it, and after 20 hours decided to bring it back to the store and took the Desire Z
28th November 2010, 01:27 PM   |  #593  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yon22

I really don't recommend the Galaxy S... I bought it, and after 20 hours decided to bring it back to the store and took the Desire Z

What's wrong with the Galaxy S? I'm actually doubting between the same 2, but might also go for the Desire HD

Also, I just used V21 and now my volume buttons on the side crash Android. First it restarts Android, then when that's done, the screen goes black and no way to get it out. /Edit this is only in debug mode, otherwise it works fine
Last edited by Maciz; 28th November 2010 at 03:01 PM.
5th January 2011, 01:02 PM   |  #594  
Thanks Meter: 7

22 posts
hello everyone , is the development still going on this ...or is it dead ? , because newer kernels are better in battery life but they mess up button map on Blackstone
5th January 2011, 01:28 PM   |  #595  
Thanks Meter: 29

310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darker01

hello everyone , is the development still going on this ...or is it dead ? , because newer kernels are better in battery life but they mess up button map on Blackstone

No, camro toasted his Blackstone due excessive development and has since not shown up recently.

But more or less all changes have been integraded into the linux-msm project and are available via glemsoms autobuild service. So no need to stick around with these old testing kernels here.

And if the button mappings are messed up in the autobuild service kernel packages, go to xdandroid.com's bugtracker (bugzilla), look up if a similar bugreport is already filed, extend your findings, if not, file a new bugreport with as much info as possible.

And then, there's only need for an active blackstone developer to fix it...

Michael
5th January 2011, 02:46 PM   |  #596  
Recognized Developer
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 2,254

1,443 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's easy to fix the button mapping, you can swap over any of the button functions by ammending the associated qwerty.kl inside the /init.etc/ directory within the rootfs.img.

This can be changed via adb (changes will take effect on reboot) or you can mount the rootfs.img in linux via loopback and ammend the device specific qwerty.kl.

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN
5th January 2011, 08:31 PM   |  #597  
Thanks Meter: 7

22 posts
thank you stickman , actually i'm using neopeek build (ext2 partition ), and i don't know how to do that
16th January 2011, 05:49 PM   |  #598  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
More
Hi,

i have a question. How can you combine 2 different kernels? I have a problem on my blackstone, on almost all of android bulds, if someone calls me, he can't hear me and i can't hear him. There si one kernel, the one used in XDandroid, that works, but that is very havey on the battery and drains it very very fast. And i have another kernel that works very well for the battery and wi-fi and the rest, but the problem with incominb calls prevents me from using andorid as i would like.

Could someone please help me if they know a solution of combining 2 kernels.

Thanks a lot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread