Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][BETA][Update: 12/8/10]chaosHUD

Tip us?

chaoscentral
Old
(Last edited by chaoscentral; 8th December 2010 at 08:58 AM.) Reason: Changed title, added information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][BETA][Update: 12/8/10]chaosHUD

Information:
Please leave some feedback, the more detailed the better.

This beta will run till 12/12/2010, at that point the file will be automatically unshared and deleted. So please download and give feedback.

About the application:
This is just a basic heads up display application with a bit more info than the ones that I was seeing on the market. It displays your current Speed, direction and time in both regular display and a HUD mode(where it flips the image vertically). To enable hud mode simply tap the screen. To switch back, just tap the screen once more. You can also change the speed units from MPH to KPH by tapping the settings button in the bottom right corner. This application makes use of the GPS for speed and direction, and the internal system clock for the time.

Please note, the application may not function as intended, in this case please leave a reply with what happened, and any steps required to reproduce the error.

Thanks

Updated the beta build to which will most likely be the final beta before release(any major bugs pending of course)

Changelog:
*Added settings menu to switch between KPH and MPH
*Properly calculates correct speed based on setting
*Fixed large number showing across screen
*Added speed type display below speed

Download:
http://www.box.net/shared/z36yp3di32

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBXXDbVbzo
Phone:Galaxy Note 3 - VZW w/ Galaxy Gear
Stock

Twitter: chaoscentral

davicito13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!
nice app but one stupid question... how can I install it?
thanks!
Jack Bauer need a Universal... but in the next season an Athena too
and in the movie... Note 2 or 3!!!!

sscholz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You have to unlock your phone and then use xapdeploy which is part of the SDK in the dev toolkit for Win Pohne.

BTW installed just fine and it appears to be working as intended with the exception of instead of stating 0 when you are not moving is states NAN?

chaoscentral
Old
(Last edited by chaoscentral; 30th November 2010 at 01:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscholz View Post
You have to unlock your phone and then use xapdeploy which is part of the SDK in the dev toolkit for Win Pohne.

BTW installed just fine and it appears to be working as intended with the exception of instead of stating 0 when you are not moving is states NAN?
Thanks for the feedback, The updated version is at this link let me know if it changes anything.

Stock

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,036
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for sharing!
orb

HTC Butterfly 2 - HTC One M8 - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

talontsi07
Old
(Last edited by talontsi07; 30th November 2010 at 07:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscentral View Post
Thanks for the feedback, The updated version is at this link let me know if it changes anything.

Device: HTC Surround
Provider: Telus

Works on my device with no flaws however I wasn't moving so I'll update my post when I get a chance to try. The app did display "0" and not "waiting for GPS signal" so I am assuming it is communicating with the GPS properly.

chaoscentral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsi07 View Post
Device: HTC Surround
Provider: Telus

Works on my device with no flaws however I wasn't moving so I'll update my post when I get a chance to try. The app did display "0" and not "waiting for GPS signal" so I am assuming it is communicating with the GPS properly.
Thanks for that bit of feedback, it seems I fixed the previous issue of it displaying "NAN" when you were still, if it isn't displaying waiting for GPS that means it should be finding your location properly. Let me know how it goes after trying it out while moving. if all goes well it should find its way into the market.
Stock

talontsi07
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So when I am moving it shows a 6-7 digit number that runs off of the screen, seems to change when I change speed but the number makes no sence.

chaoscentral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsi07 View Post
So when I am moving it shows a 6-7 digit number that runs off of the screen, seems to change when I change speed but the number makes no sence.
care to try it again? just updated the file, same link
Stock

talontsi07
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscentral View Post
care to try it again? just updated the file, same link
I don't have my laptop on me to load it, I won't be home till later tonight il try it out on my way to work tomorrow.