cr2

Jan 15, 2005
Can somebody hexdump the 0.00 radio and post the
diff to the original version ?
I hate registrations ;)

richardq

Apr 12, 2006
same 150 error

Same error, can't get the updater to work.

Tmobile UK - MDA PRO.

R 1.06.00
G 42.40.P8
D 1.20.32 WWE

I also note that to get to boot loader mode simply requires to hold down the lightbulb key as the unit boots, not power key as well....

I also not that it takes me to a screen with options

enable KITL
clean registry hive
format storage

if i enable KITL then it gives me options for USB, SERIAL or Ethernet.

tried disabling active sync

tried many many options .... nothing doing....

Sorry guys... but this absolutely does not work what so ever.....

not only has it not unlocked the phone, but it has also locked me out of putting in a sim lock which i can buy from Tmobile....for 15 quid.....

so after 5 hours of banging my head against this techie junk not only could i have been free and clear for less than 3quid an hour for my time, but I am now also screwed with the payment option for unlocking the phone.

the MDA VARIO unlock tool worked great, but this sucks....

buzz_lightyear

Retired Moderator
Jun 11, 2004
Slovakia
Re: same 150 error

richardq said:
Same error, can't get the updater to work.

Tmobile UK - MDA PRO.

R 1.06.00
G 42.40.P8
D 1.20.32 WWE

I also note that to get to boot loader mode simply requires to hold down the lightbulb key as the unit boots, not power key as well....

I also not that it takes me to a screen with options

enable KITL
clean registry hive
format storage

if i enable KITL then it gives me options for USB, SERIAL or Ethernet.

tried disabling active sync

tried many many options .... nothing doing....

Sorry guys... but this absolutely does not work what so ever.....

not only has it not unlocked the phone, but it has also locked me out of putting in a sim lock which i can buy from Tmobile....for 15 quid.....

so after 5 hours of banging my head against this techie junk not only could i have been free and clear for less than 3quid an hour for my time, but I am now also screwed with the payment option for unlocking the phone.

the MDA VARIO unlock tool worked great, but this sucks....
hi richard,
if you would follow the instructions, you wouldn't be banging your head against the wall.

maybe banging head against the wall, makes your brain operate some other way then normal.

we wrote it at least X times, here in this thread, in readme.txt and all over the place, that if you hold just light button, you'll get to "boot options" screen and NOT TO BOOTLOADER MODE.

what SUCKS here is your knowledge and inability to read and follow simple instructions, which are clear and working for many other people.

please, stop banging your head. it does no good to your brain.
better have some time and READ wiki, posts and eventually TRY TO THINK FIRST.

good luck
buzz

richardq

Apr 12, 2006

thanks for the reply....

actually matey i have spent 5 hours on this i have tried it this way and that way, every single damn way and none of it works.... it does not work.

i read every single page of your forums.

i tried it on boatloader mode, before i came across the other page with only the light key.... just mentioned that in passing....

i am now also locked out of the option to phone T mobile and pay 15 quid for the unlock code as the window just freezes up with a different sim in the phone.

buzz_lightyear

Retired Moderator
Jun 11, 2004
Slovakia

richardq said:
...it does not work.
for you.

richardq said:
...as the window just freezes up with a different sim in the phone.
please specify exactly what is freezing. Which window? Windows?
1. What is your exact OS ROM version?
2. What is your operator?
3. What network is it locked to?
4. What is your exact radio ROM version?
5. Did you ever upgrade the device before?
6. If 5. = YES, which ROM was originally there?

Please try to answer as much as possible.

THANX
buzz

richardq

Apr 12, 2006

got it now...... seems my sony laptop must have a usb hub built in, but the IBM laptop is smaller and worked ok..... funny this techie stuff sometimes......

thanks for the help, let me know a link i will send you a fiver...

BTW.... how do i change the Tmobile Splash screen that comes up on booting ??

AndyME

Dec 22, 2005
Buzz:

it is my impression that this error 150 is happening only recently to a few people (me among them...) i have downloaded the .rar file from your site. can you imagine that maybe there is something wrong wit the content of the package on your website? as mentioned earlier, i did use the maupgrade noiIDsoftware in the past uccessfully on an mda pro. and now this was the first time on vpa4 since there is no original german vodafone software available to restore to if necessary..so i did not want to fool around with the device...except that i took a shot with the sim unlocker...but that gave me this famous 150 error...

many thanks for the impressive work.

Andy

Reactions: micmars

madkat

May 19, 2004
Chesterfield
When using the XDA2 I did discover that some machines seem to have BIOS or internal USB peculiarities which adversely affect the operation of the flashing tools. I think this is what richardq has discovered and solved by using a different laptop, so the first thing you should do is probably to try to find another PC you can do it on. Remember you don't need to set up a partnership with the device - in fact the host machine doesn't even need ActiveSync on it - so there should be no reason to install extra software on the PC you use.

IM@N

May 14, 2006
flash special radio rom without using noID tool??

Buzz:

Can I use the method described on this page http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40986
for the special radio v0.00.00 rom so I don't have to use the noID tool and unlock the CID I don't want to lose my warranty.

Thanks in advance

(I'm getting my MDA Pro(simlocked) this week... :lol: :lol: )

Bartjan

Mar 22, 2006
Re: flash special radio rom without using noID tool??

IM@N said:
Buzz:

Can I use the method described on this page http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40986
for the special radio v0.00.00 rom so I don't have to use the noID tool and unlock the CID I don't want to lose my warranty.

Thanks in advance

updating your radio rom wont stop your warranty i thought.. so thats no problem...

the unlocking and enabling of superCID will probably void your warranty :roll:

buzz_lightyear

Retired Moderator
Jun 11, 2004
Slovakia

richardq said:
got it now......
BTW.... how do i change the Tmobile Splash screen that comes up on booting ??
cool.
i'm glad, that you've made it ;o)))

for splash changing, go to buzzdev. it is on the frontpage somewhere and also here at xdadev.

buzz

buzz_lightyear

Retired Moderator
Jun 11, 2004
Slovakia
Re: flash special radio rom without using noID tool??

Bartjan said:
IM@N said:
Buzz:

Thanks in advance

updating your radio rom wont stop your warranty i thought.. so thats no problem...

the unlocking and enabling of superCID will probably void your warranty :roll:

if someone need that, I can make a tool, which will revert CID and relock.

buzz

buzz_lightyear

Retired Moderator
Jun 11, 2004
Slovakia
AndyME said:
Buzz:

it is my impression that this error 150 is happening only recently to a few people (me among them...) i have downloaded the .rar file from your site. can you imagine that maybe there is something wrong wit the content of the package on your website? as mentioned earlier, i did use the maupgrade noiIDsoftware in the past uccessfully on an mda pro. and now this was the first time on vpa4 since there is no original german vodafone software available to restore to if necessary..so i did not want to fool around with the device...except that i took a shot with the sim unlocker...but that gave me this famous 150 error...

Andy
hi Andy,
as long as you can unpack those archives, everything should be OK with it.

buzz

Reactions: warfareonly

craigey

Mar 21, 2006
Thanks for that gread advice Madkat, but you may not have noticed the previous post of mine in this thread which states the unlock has worked successfully (yes I did run it from bootloader & flash the radio rom to 0.0.0.0 after removing sim & sd cards etc. I also ran the unlock exe which also came up with a message saying it was successful), but when I try using the O2 sim the phone just continually searches for signal. I know that there is no network or other bar on my phone as someone suggested could be the cause previously as my phone is new direct from Orange & not a dodgy seller on Ebay.

Oh & just to make sure it wasn't still locked. I ran the bruteforce unlocker (ubf.exe) from 3ppc (see previous thread aprox page 25 - link for previous thread on page 1 here). The tool reported that the phone is unlocked.

I understand that there are a lot of pointless posts here (especially on any topic that even hints at unlocking), but surely you could have posted something a little more constructive or at least not have bothered. :roll:

Anyway no hard feelings! :)

Aristotle
Thanks, The reason I posted is that no-one seems to have had any succes in using an O2 sim. Unfortunately I haven't got any other sims to try & most of my mates I see regularly are on the same network as me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Buzz:

Andy
    AndyME said:
    Buzz:

Andy
    hi Andy,
    as long as you can unpack those archives, everything should be OK with it.

buzz
    Now, now, children, please don't quibble and quarrel amongst each other. Remember Uncle Buzz is here to help you.

I mean really folks! It's clear the unlocker works. We should all be thankful that Buzz & Co. did it. If it's not working for you, then it's your unique circumstances that have caused that and not the fact that the unlocker is not working. Sheesh. Just do the math!

What cracks me up is that now folks want a 'Re-locker'? We spent months agonizing over the creation and progress of Buzz's tool and now we want to be able to re-lock our devices? Don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat man! You should know that anytime you are messing with the bootloader mode you risk voiding your warranty.

You just can't make everyone happy!
    this warning displaying when I try to connect SPV in (bootloader mode) with PC
    Code:
    http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=usb8fg.jpg