[ROM] *Update* Sense(less) rEVOlution 2.0 Inc-EVO Hybrid Jan 19, 2011

3rd December 2010, 03:44 PM   |  #221  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126

920 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine009

I am not sure if it could actually be called a bug since there was a slight modification that is causing it.

I removed the HTCLockScreen.apk file from /system/app. This left me with the Vanilla Android lockscreen. I figured I would give this a shot since I am running Senseless Revolution.

My alarm went off this morning...and I quickly discovered that there is no way to shut it off. With the sense lock screen you could wipe down to cancel or hit the snooze button. With Vanilla lockscreen there is no such option. And going into the clock app does not provide the option either. I had to shut the phone off.

Then something even stranger happened. Twice more. I have three alarms set between 6 and 6:40. When the phone was off...my second alarm still went off. Now maybe somehow in my delerium I accidentally turned the phone back on....but it happened twice....and all I did was shut it down and lay it down next to me as I passed back out.

Is this possible?

If you remove the HTC lock screen the only alarm that will work is the vanilla you're going to need the vanilla deskclock

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
3rd December 2010, 03:52 PM   |  #222  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,572

4,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyItsLou

If you remove the HTC lock screen the only alarm that will work is the vanilla you're going to need the vanilla deskclock

This update should remove the htc lockscreen while keeping the alarm intact..
3rd December 2010, 03:57 PM   |  #223  
Flag Camden, AR
Thanks Meter: 43

483 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cduru

Well, Pete. Really what I am trying to see is if we can have Lou's senseless rom (I love the concept as I just use launcherpro + and not much sense) with incredible revolution theme and some fancy font (like the one in uncommon addon or Myn's dark/coconut font), if possible.

I am not trying to have him add more sense components into his rom.

This thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=801160, has all the installable fonts you could want. All you have to do is use the install zip from sdcard option in recovery. I've been using a custom font of my choosing from there for a good while with excellent compatibility with any rom I have run, aosp or sense.
3rd December 2010, 04:04 PM   |  #224  
Thanks Meter: 75

582 posts
More
different transitions
been using senseless since day one and loving it but was curious about the transitions... the first post mentions dirrerent flashables in the redemtive folder but all I have in there is stuff that looks like it's from Redemptive 2.1.2? I know I can shut them off in Spareparts but I really like the stock transitions. Anyone know if there is anyway to go back to stock transitions?
3rd December 2010, 04:05 PM   |  #225  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5

252 posts
Hey Lou loving this Rom!

Here is my minimalist setup

3rd December 2010, 04:09 PM   |  #226  
Flag Camden, AR
Thanks Meter: 43

483 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGL

Hey Lou loving this Rom!

Here is my minimalist setup

Nice. Basic but tasteful. Works.
3rd December 2010, 04:18 PM   |  #227  
Flag Millersburg
Thanks Meter: 2

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey Lou. Nice rom btw. I was wondering if you would be able to incorporate the uncommon add-on package and incredible revolution theme to your next releases for this rom. I tried to run the skyraider SR33X Inc Rev package with the uncommon add-on package; your rom just kept bootlooping. Not having any experience with roms and themes, I am tempted to rip parts of skyraider's rom to get my desired rom, but I'd rather it come legit from a well-respected developer like you. Thanks.

Check Your PM's...
Androidnite
3rd December 2010, 04:18 PM   |  #228  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat

I did a search but didn't find too much. I know the widgets are going, but the base programs are still there, correct? Out of everything, i really only use HTC Mail; Launcher Pro+ does everything else i could want.

Either way, I think i will be giving this ROM a try!

The HTC Mail app is in there.
3rd December 2010, 04:20 PM   |  #229  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 40

648 posts
Quote:

Hey Lou. Nice rom btw. I was wondering if you would be able to incorporate the uncommon add-on package and incredible revolution theme to your next releases for this rom. I tried to run the skyraider SR33X Inc Rev package with the uncommon add-on package; your rom just kept bootlooping. Not having any experience with roms and themes, I am tempted to rip parts of skyraider's rom to get my desired rom, but I'd rather it come legit from a well-respected developer like you. Thanks.

you could just run uncommon or skyraider as the basis of your rom, use root explorer or give es file explorer root permission (go to settings root options - HiAPK - mount file system), go to system/app, and remove rosie.apk and all the widgets listed there. careful tho, make sure you have your alternate launcher installed already before you remove rosie, or else you'll be stuck in a bootloop. there are also apk's that if removed, will give you sync issues, like friendstream and the weather services. of course there are other apk's you could remove also to make it even lighter. there are a few threads here on xda that could help you get started.. you just need to read up on what certain apk's do to be safe.. i spent a few hours researching, and now i have my own lightweight, real battery friendly virtuous rom:

Last edited by radiohead14; 3rd December 2010 at 04:40 PM.
3rd December 2010, 04:21 PM   |  #230  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5

252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus26jc

This update should remove the htc lockscreen while keeping the alarm intact..

Do you have a metamorph to make the lockscreen black like in your screenshot? Mine is just a pure vanilla lock screen after applying the update zip-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscribe

Nice. Basic but tasteful. Works.

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread