[GPL][GINGERBREAD] KaosGingerbread V8

Tip us?

blklab49
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeinDroid View Post
Kaos - I'm going to do something here. I'm going to run this rom from here on out. I had it since v1. v2 now makes calls, does facebook, does xda app, texts, does my nfl app, and emails. I'm going to run it as my rom through all the coming versions.
Did you flash over v38 froyo? Wipe? Realize this rom is in early stages of development but like many others, want to get involved and use it. Can you provide the steps taken to load Gingerbread.

BeinDroid
Old
(Last edited by BeinDroid; 7th December 2010 at 02:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I did both. A fresh wipe and then install works fine, but right now the market app is not showing on gingerbread for me. So, I then nand restored my v38 kaosfroyo and did a no wipe flash from it. It saved about half my apps but still no market.
The main apps I use are there though. Except for twitter... I am trying to find a fix for twitter.

so just come on over from kaos froyo v38 with no wipe. Like kaos said, this isn't as smooth as it will be in time and has hiccups. But, I just want the fun of staying with it since the beginning. Plus, if you ever were in a pinch you can just go back to a backup of v38 for a few hours or a day.

libraryclg
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
I did both. A fresh wipe and then install works fine, but right now the market app is not showing on gingerbread for me. So, I then nand restored my v38 kaosfroyo and did a no wipe flash from it. It saved about half my apps but still no market.
The main apps I use are there though. Except for twitter... I am trying to find a fix for twitter.

so just come on over from kaos froyo v38 with no wipe. Like kaos said, this isn't as smooth as it will be in time and has hiccups. But, I just want the fun of staying with it since the beginning. Plus, if you ever were in a pinch you can just go back to a backup of v38 for a few hours or a day.
This is awesome, I'll have to follow your directions so I can have at least some of my apps.

punk.kaos
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 570

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Kaos - I'm going to do something here. I'm going to run this rom from here on out. I had it since v1. v2 now makes calls, does facebook, does xda app, texts, does my nfl app, and emails. I'm going to run it as my rom through all the coming versions.
Be aware that while it DOES makes calls, you can't talk :P I don't have the mic working yet.

punk.kaos
Old
Thanks Meter 570

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto_ahash View Post
where did you get the sources from btw?
I didn't. I tore this all outa the SDK.

saintdice
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So I'm assuming that with no market that means Titanium won't work to restore the missing apps...correct?

BeinDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk.kaos View Post
Be aware that while it DOES makes calls, you can't talk :P I don't have the mic working yet.
HAHA. Good to know. I knew it was dialing but no one had picked up yet that I was calling to brag to. Good thing!

BeinDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Saintdice - I can't get titanium or a few other advanced programs to work yet since busy box and super user are not running. If you have file explorer you can find some apk's with it, but so far of the 2 I could find I couldn't install them yet. I think once we get super user permissions it may help?

punk.kaos
Old
Thanks Meter 570

DONATE TO ME
Hey look, we made the front page of XDA again
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...on-droid-eris/
The Following User Says Thank You to punk.kaos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saintdice
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk.kaos View Post
Hey look, we made the front page of XDA again
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...on-droid-eris/
They tweeted this link last night. That's how I found out. Beautiful.