5,603,646 Members 36,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME] Buuf Taskbar/CHT2/Sense Icons - Dialer cab fixed .. More to come

Tip us?

sponge_worthy
Old
(Last edited by sponge_worthy; 23rd December 2010 at 03:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default [THEME] Buuf Taskbar/CHT2/Sense Icons - Dialer cab fixed .. More to come

Update : Uploaded Dialer Cabs - Let me know if Leo cab is fix for HD2 problems (Dec 22)
Update : Uploaded New Taskbar Cab (Dec 10)
Update : Uploaded CHT2 Icons and Sense package (Dec 9)

I have spent some considerable time to incorporate a Buuf theme on my phone and be able to switch between my Black and Blue Grill theme and this one. I like to have all my icons consistent everywhere I frequent my device. So I've either skinned or found an adequate one for the following places: Taskbar, WM 6.5.x theme, Phone Canvas, Thumbcal, psShutXP, S2U2, Notifcation screen, Sense 2.5, CHT2, Action Screen, and Resco Explorer. I think it is looking pretty good now.

I first will give create the the DrSrF team from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=683771 for starting up the Buuf theme for WM. It looks like in the thread that they have abandoned the project though.

I also want to thank Paul Davey aka mattahan for creating the Buuf icons and sharing them here - http://mattahan.deviantart.com/gallery/

I also have used tsowen battery icons because they seemed to match this theme pretty well.

If I have taken some elses work and not given created, I apologize. Let me know and I will thank you as well. I don't want to take created for work I haven't done. I have spent a lot of time creating a lot of files to perfect the theme though.

First I'm going to share my taskbar and phone skin. I'll share the CHT2 icons and an all in one cab for other Sense 2.5 icons as I've added to the ones created by the DrSrF team by making them all consistent and skinning the submenus like music library, all tweets, people detail and all people lists. There are other places I've had to add icons for Sense, but I forget right now.

I'm not able to create a cab for the phone skin. It always bombs while trying to load, so you will have to manually copy those files from your SD Card to the Windows directory using Total Commander or Resco Explorer. I would suggest you make copies of the original files in the Windows directory for the ones I am providing in case you have a problem with them and need to go back to the originals.

I believe the phone canvas is for portrait only and will work on both VGA and WVGA devices. But don't quote me on that. I have a TP2 and only use the phone on portrait. I've worked out most of the kinks on the canvas, but the way the graphics are in the DLL I can't get it perfect. Close enough to enjoy though.

Anyway enjoy!

Taskbar Icons

Phone Canvas

CHT2 Icons

Sense Icons

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sponge_worthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sponge_worthy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Reserved for later.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sponge_worthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sponge_worthy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Reserved #2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sponge_worthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PINki92
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Great work bro! Will wait for the icons pack as I really love buff theme. MANY THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to PINki92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Diablo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Superb theme, thanks for your efforts.

But the taskbar's certificate is not trusted, can you sign the DLLs?

sponge_worthy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Superb theme, thanks for your efforts.

But the taskbar's certificate is not trusted, can you sign the DLLs?
Sure. I'll get that fixed this evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to sponge_worthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Diablo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_worthy View Post
Sure. I'll get that fixed this evening.
Thank you. I wish you luck then.

BTW, really impressive-state-of-art, I LOVED it.

cr1130
Old
(Last edited by cr1130; 18th December 2010 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Thumbs up Yes finally!!!

Thank You, You are a savior sir. I have been piecing together a COMPLETE BuuF theme for the last 8mos. Searching and Searching everywhere.. Finally! And it looks perfect. Will look great over my Energy ROM I'm using now.. I'm using old icons I got from deviantart(Paul Davey) and on here.. Can't wait for the new ones.. In the meantime I am downloading what you've supplied so far.. Thanks again. I am an avid fan of Sir Paul Davey and have purchased some of his art for a few walls in my home. I am glad to see someone else appreciates the art style.. Ok enough blubbering.. Just wann say a BIG THANKS dude. You are appreciated..
Device- SG2(old) GN3(new toy)
ROM- Whatever the best is at the time..
32Gig class 10 San Disk
T-Mobile

"He who has everything, actually has nothing at all"

cr1130
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Hey I have a quick question. Please forgive my noobage but how exactly do I add the filles for the dialer? Like where should I place them in Windows? I downloaded a dialer cab previously and it worked fine.. I don't want to screw anything up though.. Thanks for any help
Device- SG2(old) GN3(new toy)
ROM- Whatever the best is at the time..
32Gig class 10 San Disk
T-Mobile

"He who has everything, actually has nothing at all"

sponge_worthy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1130 View Post
Hey I have a quick question. Please forgive my noobage but how exactly do I add the filles for the dialer? Like where should I place them in Windows? I downloaded a dialer cab previously and it worked fine.. I don't want to screw anything up though.. Thanks for any help
My problem is whenever I make a cab for the dialer, it bombs when trying to copy the dll file. I'm using CECabManager but I must be missing a setting to get it to work. If someone out there know how to cab up the dialer files so that it installs correctly I would appreciate it.

In the meantime, just copy all the files in the zipped folder from your PC to your SD Card. Then use total commander or resco explorer to copy from your SD Card directly into your windows directory. Just in the main directory. Before that, you may want to make backup copies of the files you are going to write over in case there is a problem. Make a backup directory to manually copy those files from your windows directory to your backup folder.

I hope that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to sponge_worthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
taskbar