[Q] Accessing SDCard2 from PC

Tip us?

Gramps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Accessing SDCard2 from PC

Howdy all,

Just picked up a Gtab today from Office Depot (they match Sears pricing of $349 with no restocking fee).

I also purchased a couple of 4gb MicroSDHC cards to play around with the different ROMs Reobeet and others are developing. Great job guys..keep up the great work.

Here's my question.. Can I access the SDcard2 on my Gtab from my Windows 7 file explorer? When I connect the Gtab to the PC via USB, I see the Gtab as my E:\ drive. Opening up the E:\ drive shows the following folders:

.android_secure
Android
backups
DCIM
download
LOST.DIR

But not the SDCARD2 or any of the other directories or files is see from the Gtab ES File Explorer.

What do I need on the Windows 7 PC to view and manage files on the Gtab, internal storage and the SDcard2?

Thanks for your help.. I think I'm going to like learning how to Mod my Gtab.

Great work guys and a great forum to share information.

Sincerely,

Gramps..

rickyt63
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Howdy all,
Here's my question.. Can I access the SDcard2 on my Gtab from my Windows 7 file explorer? When I connect the Gtab to the PC via USB, I see the Gtab as my E:\ drive. Opening up the E:\ drive shows the following folders:

.android_secure
Android
backups
DCIM
download
LOST.DIR
- Drive E as you see is GTab internal 16GB SDcard.
I don't think you can access SDcard2 via windows ( I know I can't).
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
To all DEVs:
THANK YOU!
The phrase is simple and the words are few,
but behind them lies a whole world of appreciation.

Phone:
GalaxyNote3
Tablet:
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Pipo M8Pro
ASUS Transformer TF101 - JB4.4

Gramps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did some google searching and found this andriod APK which allowed me to access both the internal memory of the Gtab and the MicroSDHC (SDCard2) memory.

SwiFTP FTP Server
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...les-over-wifi/

This Android application converts your phone/*Gtab* into an FTP server which is accessible by a unique FTP IP generated by the app. You then map the FTP IP to your Windows PC and tada.. you can access your Gtab data (all of it).

See the link above for download and instructions.

Gramps...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gramps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

butchconner
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Gramps,

If you indeed are going to "play" with mods, then go ahead and side-load a copy of "r4root" and root your tablet.

When you root your tablet, you will be able to see the "/" root directory which has sdcard (your main memory), sdcard2 (your SD cards external), and USBdisk (the directory for your USB port).

I think you should have ES File Manager (right name?) on your stock machine and it may let you see the root directories -- but I'm not sure about accessing them.

Rev

linesma
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for asking this Gramps, I was wondering it myself. I did the ftp solution and it works great.