[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 for GT-I9000 - (user) discussion thread

Search This thread

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
I believe the battery drain can be attributed to 2 things;

1 - It's a beta, LoL
2 - CM runs on ext4. While that's fast & safe, it has also proven itself to drain battery quite a bit in lagfixes that convert the partitions to ext4.

Hope there is an option in the end that lets us convert the partitions to whichever FS we want ;) ext2 FTW!

dezz

May 17, 2005
I believe the battery drain can be attributed to 2 things;

1 - It's a beta, LoL
2 - CM runs on ext4. While that's fast & safe, it has also proven itself to drain battery quite a bit in lagfixes that convert the partitions to ext4.

Hope there is an option in the end that lets us convert the partitions to whichever FS we want ;) ext2 FTW!

I have spica i5700 I upgraded from and
Its still in Alfa and its running on ext4 ... Clearing two full days without a problem..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mack1981

Oct 8, 2010
For those saying about differing battery usage fyi I have seen two galaxy s phones running the same firmware (tayutama rom with voodoo) and the same usage get massively different battery times one day vs two the only difference was one came without three button recoveey enabled it gets one day per charge I would guess from what I have read and heard that some of these phones are just plain lemons I may be wrong but thats my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Gibbz1

Mar 5, 2010
Can anyone else try this for me. But i tried disabling wifi and the battery life seems to be doing alot better!

Can anyone else confirm before i post a bug on cyanogen bug list?

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
Can anyone else try this for me. But i tried disabling wifi and the battery life seems to be doing alot better!

Can anyone else confirm before i post a bug on cyanogen bug list?

More running services, more power consumption. That's not a bug, that's normal.
A driving car needs more fuel than a standing car.

10 hours -> 11% loss

maverickzero

Aug 2, 2009
Maastricht
I got BETA3 and gingerbread theme (last time I did this, it helped with battery drainage don't know why...). But My battery is doing pretty good now with Wifi constantly on and mobile data out. Later today I will try otherway around to see if it's okay too.

PS: I have google sync on, facebook sync on, and like 4 polling widgets set to once per 3h.

mclad

Sep 28, 2010
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 6
I'm dying to try this ROM... but I need my phone & wifi & battery to be available all day... is the beta3 up to the job? (I couldn't work this out from looking at the issues list,,,) Any other bugs I'm happy to live with and report on! :)

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
After 20 Hours my Phone lost 21% Battery.
So it's round about 1% per hour. Perfect!

Sync enabled, Data enabled, Touiteur, Fancy Widget, Calendar Widget, no 3G, no Wifi, no GPS.

Modem: JPM (seems to be the best for CM)

Reactions: avary

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
After 20 Hours my Phone lost 21% Battery.
So it's round about 1% per hour. Perfect!

Sync enabled, Data enabled, Touiteur, Fancy Widget, Calendar Widget, no 3G, no Wifi, no GPS.

Modem: JPM (seems to be the best for CM)
Perfect indeed!

no 3G, no Wifi => only Edge? I get about 4% per hour - give me that kernel :D

ashwinds

Aug 10, 2010
Stock Beta3?! Then it should be even better with coolya's test kernel - the 4% is with his kernel But i do think (rather .. suspect) much of it has to do with polling for exchange mail by the email app. Once I switched to push, life improved. JPM made it even better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can also unaffs the system.img, and make an update.zip, with modem and kernel, and put the gapps in the same zip. I did it this way and its running nicely. No sd ext acess yet tho.
    I wonder if its only to add new symlinks in the update script to get the sd ext mounted properly... hmmm
    Ahh thx for the tutorial !
    Just one Question: Whats working so far and what bugs appear ?
    i tried this theme and it works :p
    i just have to reinstall Gingerbread keyboard thats it

btw i also got the error :|

Same here!... I get the error but the theme gets installed sucessfully... I just had to reinstall de Gingerbread Keyboard.
    Roms normally dont fall from sky and are ready without someone has worked on it. ;-)
    We've already spent more than 100 hours on porting cm to sgs i think. And it will take some additional weeks to get it ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-GT-I9000 using XDA App

I would say months...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    I've always thinked there was no chance to use other kernels with CM, but now i read is possible, so we just need to try some, don't we? ;)

It's not possible because you'll get some bugs with wifi and so on.
    But if you like bugs you can try it.