Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Evo is a seriously flawed device...

Tip us?

semperlux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Evo is a seriously flawed device...

I love reading stuff like this...

Donít Buy The HTC EVO, It Is A Seriously Flawed Device
- TechCrunch, June 9, 2010.

I remember reading this article after I'd just bought my Evo and considered returning it. Well here we are six months later. Sprint ran out of the "seriously flawed devices" and was backordered for months. My friends have salivated over it and one friend thought it shocking (he was almost mad--weird) that I could flash ROMs, customize it and make it more useful than his laptop, even when my phone had terrible battery life of eight hours (most netbooks have < 4hrs)--I'm up to 20 now.

Still think it's seriously flawed?
Device: HTC Evo 4G LTE 7/15/12
ROM: stock
KERNEL: Stock

SilverStone641
Old
Thanks Meter 57
It's definitely not as bad as that article made it out to be, but in reality, we should have to hack up a phone to get the features we want. My battery life is better now, with new kernels, roms, etc. but nowhere near where i want it to be. i still have to charge it at least twice a day to keep up with my moderate usage.

other then that, i got no complaints. i love this phone!
Sarcasm. I haz it.
Git yerself a DropBox account!

Leukay
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Wow. I was literally laughing out loud towards the end of the article. It's obvious that he isn't a fan of HTC Sense, but the fact that he took it out on the Evo is kinda surprising. Sense does hog some resources, but it doesn't make the battery life THAT much worse than the Nexus One's. Sure it was less than average at launch, but HTC has done a lot to remedy that. But I wouldn't call less than average "abysmal". Thanks for the great read OP
---Current Devices---
T-Mobile HTC One | AOKP
Nexus 7 | ParanoidAndroid

live2ride96
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Funniest part is right at the end when he says it shouldn't take long for a better Android device to come out. Well, here we are, 6+ months later, and IMHO, he's wrong, as the Evo (at least for me) is still the best device out there. Other people may not agree, but this is just based on my experience with the Epic and now my new Evo. And yes, I've played around with some other devices. To each his own though. I'd much rather just carry an extra battery and have a killer phone.

xlGmanlx
Old
Thanks Meter 544
that "article" was a joke, i didn't even read it as skimming i already saw inflamatory incorrect responses
.: My name is G'man and i am a flashaholic :.

DirtyShroomz
Old
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
Yup, the evo is still the best out there 6 months later. A someone said this is a mini netbook and gets better battery life than one, what more can you ask for?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

semperlux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I hope the author is not working as an industry forecaster. I thought about send ing the author of the article an email but I would just be gloating and that's not nice...
Device: HTC Evo 4G LTE 7/15/12
ROM: stock
KERNEL: Stock

aztektum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
TechCrunch and Michael Arrington being sensationalist asshat. SHOCK. AWE.

avalst
Old
Thanks Meter 31
This article made me delete my techcrunch feed. I literally haven't gone back to the site since!
HTC ONE (M7)