Original Operators Firmwares

Search This thread

oalf170892

Dec 4, 2010
Quetzaltenango
Hello, sorry for my long absence. Now I'm updating this thread as I do not have the time to create the firmwares. So the objective of the thread is:

To give simple instructions on how to create your own firmware. I am going to assume that you already know how to:

1. Read and follow instructions.
2. Change extensions of files.
3. Extract files.
4. Use the flashtool.
5. Create a .tft file.

If you answer no to any of this questions, please investigate a little or do not attemp to do this.

Now, the instructions:

1. Go to this website http://www.omnius-server.com/ and register.

2. Now that you have registered and logged in, go to this link http://www.omnius-server.com/downloads?id=58117. You should get this:
3.jpg

3. Now search for the firmware you are looking for in any of the folders. I'm going to choose the folder R1FA016, and the file X10a_CLARO_GT_NAM1_1234_4844.rar. But it is going to work with any.

4. Now download it and create a new folder on the firmware folder of the flashtool and put it on there. Extract it and you should get two .rar files (if not, just change the extension to .rar). Extract them both on the same folder. You should get a lot of .sin files and a .xml file.

5. Now you have to rename some files with a name like this:

5.1. This one: "system_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE.sin" to "system.sin"
5.2. And this one: "userdata_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE.sin" to "userdata.sin"

Now you have a list of files like this: (the files that you have to change the name can vary depending on the firmware but the part you have to delete is going to be te same (_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE), for example, so be sure to take a look to the picture if you are not so sure how a name should be)
5.jpg

6. Now create the .tft bundle and flash it.

7. Enjoy the phone with the firmware you created.

If this was helpful for you click on the THANKS button.

P.S.

1. I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone.
  2. If you are going to take the time to create all the firmwares, give me the appropiate credit :cool:.
  3. Sorry for my english if there is any mistake, I speak spanish.
  4. If you have any sugestion you can PM me and I will be happy to help.
HTML:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 984
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 813
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 780
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

DaDude1973

Aug 2, 2008
Is it possible to have the Vodafone branded ROM for The Netherlands?
I've made a backup before I did the Nordic 2.1 update, but for some reason I can't use it with the above...
I'm getting an "Unable to open channel, GetLastError=0" message after pressing option 1 and connecting the X10 in flash mode...
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with JRE and JDK 6u23 installed...

Last edited:

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Is it possible to have the Vodafone branded ROM for The Netherlands?
I've made a backup before I did the Nordic 2.1 update, but for some reason I can't use it with the above...
I'm getting an "Unable to open channel, GetLastError=0" message after pressing option 1 and connecting the X10 in flash mode...
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with JRE and JDK 6u23 installed...

If you get this error you have added WRONG device ID. Maybe you have not only ONE in registry. Try finding another one! If that doesn't work, please install SEUS one time, via SEUS put your phone in Flash Mode and the unplug it; that way SEUS will install the drivers and you'll have your DEVICEID, then go to the notepad called "DEVICEID" and put it in there. Try Reflashing again.

Let me know if this help you.

DaDude1973

Aug 2, 2008
If you get this error you have added WRONG device ID. Maybe you have not only ONE in registry. Try finding another one! If that doesn't work, please install SEUS one time, via SEUS put your phone in Flash Mode and the unplug it; that way SEUS will install the drivers and you'll have your DEVICEID, then go to the notepad called "DEVICEID" and put it in there. Try Reflashing again.

Let me know if this help you.

Thanks, but I've tried to find another DeviceID and can find only one, even if I use another USB port on my laptop...

I'm now installing SEUS, maybe that's the solution...
It's installing JRE also, so maybe the JRE version I've installed wasn't the good one?
Will let you know, thanks!

DaDude1973

Aug 2, 2008
Yes! Seems to be working now, I see a lot of INFO: write commands on my screen!
Thanks for your help, hope to get the Vodafone branded 1.6 rom back again so I can upgrade to the Vodafone 2.1 branded rom, thanks!

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes! Seems to be working now, I see a lot of INFO: write commands on my screen!
Thanks for your help, hope to get the Vodafone branded 1.6 rom back again so I can upgrade to the Vodafone 2.1 branded rom, thanks!

You're welcome pal..!! Let us know if that helped you :) and probably you can help us with a small donation :D

Have a great Day!

DaDude1973

Aug 2, 2008
Yes! This really worked for me, I was back on the Vodafone branded 1.6 ROM and I'm now updating to the Vodafone branded 2.1 ROM as we speak!
You guys rock!
Donation will be made soon, I first have to update my own paypal account...
I also will tweet this page to my Twitter and Facebook, so you will get more traffic I hope!
Thanks again!

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)

oalf170892

Dec 4, 2010
Quetzaltenango
If you have 2.1 already and your network has also released it, you can use - [TUTORIAL] -Simple way to switch from one 2.1 version to another - to save having to flash twice.

Yes, that is working, but you have to root your phone to acomplish that, and if your phone is rooted, you have lost all waranty both Sony Ericsson and your Operator. And over that, all the custom of your Operator is not going to be on your phone.
Thats why flashing 2 times isn't that hard to gain waranty back.

oalf170892

Dec 4, 2010
Quetzaltenango
Yes! This really worked for me, I was back on the Vodafone branded 1.6 ROM and I'm now updating to the Vodafone branded 2.1 ROM as we speak!
You guys rock!
Donation will be made soon, I first have to update my own paypal account...
I also will tweet this page to my Twitter and Facebook, so you will get more traffic I hope!
Thanks again!

Is nice to hear that you have now your 2.1 android vodafone costume version.
And remember if this is working for you Recomend and Donate.
Enjoy your x10!!!

Last edited:

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Yes, that is working, but you have to root your phone to acomplish that, and if your phone is rooted, you have lost all waranty both Sony Ericsson and your Operator. And over that, all the custom of your Operator is not going to be on your phone.
Thats why flashing 2 times isn't that hard to gain waranty back.
Perhaps you've missed the point, that method allows you to flash a branded rom back to the phone via SEUS, so once you flashed, you've lost root and got a branded rom back on the phone.

oalf170892

Dec 4, 2010
Quetzaltenango
just a quick question the devices id number is the same number as when you in cmd adb device listing??? thanx

Look, for the Device ID you should have something like this "5&34B1332A&0&5". I can't answer your question because i have never use adb.

But, to get your Device ID, before coping the firmware files to firmware_1, open it and run the x10flash and conect your x10 in flash mode, and a new file named DeviceID.txt ahould have been created. Open it and you should have your Device ID.

Hope to be Helpful

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
just a quick question the devices id number is the same number as when you in cmd adb device listing??? thanx

This is hoe you can get your DeviceID on Windows...

1: press start (or windows icon) and in the run box type "regedit" without the ""
2: click edit>find, and type in "Vid_0fce&Pid_adde". You should find "DeviceInstance". Copy the last section of that, it should look something like "5&2888d0ff&0&1" 2.1: If that fails to see anything, make sure "Match whole string" is un-ticked, and click "find next", if that fails, try "USB\VID_0FCE&PID_ADDE" Note: It changes with every diffrent USB port you use....

I hope this helps to clarify..

Sent from my X10i

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, sorry for my long absence. Now I'm updating this thread as I do not have the time to create the firmwares. So the objective of the thread is:

To give simple instructions on how to create your own firmware. I am going to assume that you already know how to:

1. Read and follow instructions.
    2. Change extensions of files.
    3. Extract files.
    4. Use the flashtool.
    5. Create a .tft file.

If you answer no to any of this questions, please investigate a little or do not attemp to do this.

Now, the instructions:

1. Go to this website http://www.omnius-server.com/ and register.

2. Now that you have registered and logged in, go to this link http://www.omnius-server.com/downloads?id=58117. You should get this:
    3.jpg

3. Now search for the firmware you are looking for in any of the folders. I'm going to choose the folder R1FA016, and the file X10a_CLARO_GT_NAM1_1234_4844.rar. But it is going to work with any.

4. Now download it and create a new folder on the firmware folder of the flashtool and put it on there. Extract it and you should get two .rar files (if not, just change the extension to .rar). Extract them both on the same folder. You should get a lot of .sin files and a .xml file.

5. Now you have to rename some files with a name like this:

5.1. This one: "system_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE.sin" to "system.sin"
    5.2. And this one: "userdata_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE.sin" to "userdata.sin"

Now you have a list of files like this: (the files that you have to change the name can vary depending on the firmware but the part you have to delete is going to be te same (_S1-SW-LIVE-AC12-0001-S1-PARTITION-WITH-SPARE), for example, so be sure to take a look to the picture if you are not so sure how a name should be)
    5.jpg

6. Now create the .tft bundle and flash it.

7. Enjoy the phone with the firmware you created.

If this was helpful for you click on the THANKS button.

P.S.

1. I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone.
    2. If you are going to take the time to create all the firmwares, give me the appropiate credit :cool:.
    3. Sorry for my english if there is any mistake, I speak spanish.
    4. If you have any sugestion you can PM me and I will be happy to help.
    HTML:
    Thank you for this!! I didn't have the Claro Guatemala firmware and I needed it for warranty purposes... :D

Sent from my AOSP on Xperia (GT)
    I'm now uploading the vodafone NL firmware. Just wait for it.
    Firmware Movistar 016 España

I uploading the link for flash firmware donut Movistar Spain.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3O33P3H7
    Q: I saw here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwqhGDwVL-Y&feature=player_embedded you need flash tool and add the att firmware into the Flash firmware folder.. Is this all I need to do to get back to 1.6 or do I have to do the DeviceID procedure as well?

Thanks

Well if the flash goes right without following the Device ID instructions, then they were done atomatically. Instead, follow them.