XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Facebook 15/12/10

Tip us?

keemyb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default New Facebook 15/12/10

Just checked my market updates, and there's an official Facebook update in the market (version 1.50)!

It allows push notifications aswell as Facebook chat!

Sent from my Desire HD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keemyb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asb_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Updating.. 2.53 MB

Thanks!

ragdoll20
Old
Thanks Meter 13
This sucks... there are STILL NO notifications for comments, likes, wall posts etc... are you KIDDING ME????
Siem Van Woerkom Mpora Skateboard Skateboard Expert
The Following User Says Thank You to ragdoll20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freexx89
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i like chat feat. but still no notifictionas

iynfynity
Old
Thanks Meter 195
guys what do you mean no notifications? mine does have notifications.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
"Did you know every time you make a troll comment an android phone is activated?"

ghostyroasty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm not getting instant notifications either. Chat will come up, but nothing in the realm of push notifications. tested sending from from my wifes account to mine.

kevin2516
Old
Thanks Meter 1350
chat works great, push notifications doesn't work. still have to check app just for the notifications :/

orb3000
Old
XDA News Writer / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3010
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Great for letting us know
orb

HTC One Max - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognises that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

WoodDraw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, a question about chat since I've never had it before through Facebook. How is your online status "toggled" while using chat?

So if I open up the facebook app, and look at my news feed, am I now online? And to go offline, do I physically have to go into facebook chat and click "go offline"?

Also, if I want to be on chat, but have it run in the background, how can I confirm that it's running?

The entire user interface seems very poor. Wouldn't the ability to toggle chat on/off and easily access conversations and your status from the notification bar be essential in this type of app?

ruqqq
Old
Thanks Meter 1217
notifications works fine for me... kinda odd though since the messages and other stuffs still uses interval... only the posts and such has push.

http://plixi.com/p/63017058

http://plixi.com/p/63017175
Follow me @ruqqq for updates!

Main Phone: Stock/Odexed/Rooted Xperia V - 4.1