[ROM] 10/Dec 2.22.405.1 r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) with Online Kitchen

Search This thread

vilks

Oct 24, 2010
Siauliai
I have modaco 2.2.1 rom and HCDR.Kernel_v4.1_Flashable.zip .

My phone is HTC Wildfire.

I have SetCPU program. It shows that my max cpu mhz is 528. I cant set it to more. Why? What i have to do? Please explain me. I want my phone run 160mhz - 700mhz.

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
I dont see an option "autodetect". where is it? i done everything i saw in it..

Here, it should help you.

• Start SetCPU.
  • On the "Main" tab, tap MENU.
  • Tap "Device Selection".
  • Read the notes.
  • Scroll down and tap "Autodetect Speeds Recommended".
  • Choose "Allow" when it asks for root or just wait if it's already allowed.
  • It should say "Settings Saved" and then tap Ok.
  • Enjoy overclocking.

yuanvn

Oct 28, 2010
Shizuoka - Japan
Sometimes the battery goes crazy after flashing. So you need to recalibrate the battery. There is a thread about this.

I was going to say: "You will have to read it because people add more information on posts, so you will have to write in a paper the steps and include the "Wipe battery stats" almost at the end of the steps, as the author says, and "tweak" it because maybe you can't charge while off because of Clockworkmod. :) "

BUT I can't find the thread I used or anyone clear and useful, so I could write the steps if you want.

I did it when after flashing, the battery last for 1 day. After doing it, I have 4 days (awesome, right?) :D

Please tell me the step to solve the bettery problem.

vilks

Oct 24, 2010
Siauliai
Here, it should help you.

• Start SetCPU.
  • On the "Main" tab, tap MENU.
  • Tap "Device Selection".
  • Read the notes.
  • Scroll down and tap "Autodetect Speeds Recommended".
  • Choose "Allow" when it asks for root or just wait if it's already allowed.
  • It should say "Settings Saved" and then tap Ok.
  • Enjoy overclocking.

There are NO "Autodetect Speeds Recommended". There is only CUSTOM FREQUENCIES. READS SETCPU.txt on sd fat or ext . bla bla bla.

I tried everything in the program.

galbert

Dec 11, 2010
Im testing this rom now. and its okay . but i wont wifi hotspot. and its not working for me . why ? any have same problem ?

yes I have the same problems, maybe the code of the the wildpuzzle wifi hotspot program can be put in this ROM to fix this problem?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
There are NO "Autodetect Speeds Recommended". There is only CUSTOM FREQUENCIES. READS SETCPU.txt on sd fat or ext . bla bla bla.

I tried everything in the program.

Which version of SetCPU are you using?

Pics to help you:
SetCPU1.png

MENU softkey is pressed on Main tab

SetCPU2.png

When scrolled down these 3 buttons can be seen, choose the middle one

SetCPU3.png

Just press ok

SetCPU4.png

Ok again

SetCPU5.png

All is well.

Last edited:
Reactions: vilks

yuanvn

Oct 28, 2010
Shizuoka - Japan
This rom have a problem in battery life

In Android 2.1, I use the solution (turn off the date & time update) my phone can't use 2 day.
But this Modaco 2.2 rom, this solution didn't work, my phone just can use in 8 hours.
I use in full 3G (WCDMA).
I have fashed with the radio rom 13.53. but it didn't work too.
Now I return to 2.2 WildPuzz rom. With this rom, I can use my phone in 2 day.

lemmykoopah

Dec 8, 2010
What linpack scores are you guys getting while running Modaco rom?

Also does trackball wake work using for example the No Lock app.

On CM 6.1 the intregrated trackball wake function doesn't work, and using the No Lock app to use trackball to wake doesn't work either

Deep-Knight

Sep 8, 2010
Hannover
What linpack scores are you guys getting while running Modaco rom?

Also does trackball wake work using for example the No Lock app.

On CM 6.1 the intregrated trackball wake function doesn't work, and using the No Lock app to use trackball to wake doesn't work either

Trackpad WakeUp is working with that mod :

Attachments

• enable_trackpad-to_wake_up_disable_power.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: lorolouis

lorolouis

Oct 31, 2010
i have to flash this or just copy the files?

Do it like a ZIP update through Clockmod recovery menu.

BTW, not to discourage you, I will be really surprised if that actually ever would work fully like with the power button.
All trackball "solutions" I’ve seen so far they are either not working at all, or they still require power button + trackball to wake up or ... just drain you battery while you think the device is off - it is running on background.
As someone said – it will not be an I-phone anyway :) and these power buttons should survive 5-10 years 10 pushings per day :cool:

.... Howewer, If I am wrong, I will apply this as well to my Wildfire. Waiting some feedbacks first :)

Last edited:
Reactions: stelioz78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wildfire1.png
    wildfire2.png
    wildfire3.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features
    • Based on an as yet unreleased official European Froyo update (2.22.405.1 / Froyo 2.2.1)
    • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
    • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
    • Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
    • busybox with Droid Explorer support
    • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
    • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
    • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0) with init.d support
    • ROM is de-odexed
    • Updated Google Components
    • Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration.
    • Added Voice Search with Voice Actions
    • Added option to use stock lock screen instead of HTC version
    • Slimmed Customize dir, additional locales added
    • Optional Titanium Backup
    • Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
    • Optional WiFi Status indicator
    • Optional 13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10 radio
    • More stuff i've probably forgotten
    • Optional bootsound removal
    Please note that this is the first release, many more changes will be added now via the kitchen and periodically updated prebakes (as per normal MCR builds!)

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
    Please note that as a de-odexed ROM, the initial boot takes a while!

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo.
    Enjoy! :)

P
    For all those asking for Apps2SD:
    • Download latest dtapps2sd from this thread; download the attached ZIP file; put both on your SD card.
    • Partition your SD card as usual, flash this ROM, etc. etc.
    • Flash dtapps2sd.
    • Without rebooting, flash mcr-froyo-fix-dtapps2sd.
    • Reboot. Profit.

(Disclaimer: I have tested this fix, I have, however, not tested this specific package. Also you need to disable signature verification because I couldn't be bothered to sign the package.)

Felix

PS: Though if anybody can get a patched Market to work, that would be *awesome*. I've tried different combinations of Vending.apk versions (from the Patched Market thread, from Wildpuzzle) and ro.build.description, ro.build.fingerprint properties in /system/build.prop; I never could get it to consistently display all apps, or at least as many as Wildpuzzle.
    Anybody tried my kernel with this?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

yes, worfks fine with v4.1 @720
    How do we select the standard lock screen?.
    To use the standard lock screen you need to use the kitchen. Uncheck the HTC lockscreen option.