New firmware v2.0.71 :)

Search This thread

Cthugha

Mar 16, 2009
http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/changes_firmware_archos_android_gen8.htm

Version 2.0.71 - December 16th, 2010

- Wi-Fi: fix Wi-Fi stuck after a while when using WPA2/AES encryption mode
- Wi-Fi: fix cannot connect on channels above 11 due to wrong default regulation domain
- Power management: for A43/A70/A101 add a setting in about device to allow 3 levels of power management. Overdrive that allows CPU max frequency to be 1GHz with ondemand governor, optimal that brings CPU max frequency to 800MHz with ondemand governor and powersave that set CPU max frequency to 800MHz with conservative governor
- Indexing: faster rescan is now achieved at USB disconnect
- Storage: SDCard now supports NTFS (read only) and EXT3
- Storage: fix sdcard not recognized sometimes when swapping different cards brands
- Video: fix subtitles on A101
- Network shares: enhance scanning speed
- Network shares: handle the case where a server shares are not visible if not authenticated
- Network shares: allow in wireless settings to define manually a server authentication details
- Network shares: reload samba and UPnP services when switching between access points without disconnecting
- Audio: a silent mode (Global Mute) has been enabled in the power button menu. It will impact all streams except alarms in case one select alarms sound always on in alarm settings
- Application: appslib is now reinstalled after an Android device reset
- Application: fix quadrant CPU benchmark
- Power: fix shutdown sometimes happening on short power button press
- Internationalization: support for Korean codepage tags and subtitles
- Multimedia: use smaller memory footprint for decoding H264 SD
- Memory management: achieve more progressive kill in low memory situation
- Boot: fix deadlock happening sometimes preventing device to complete boot

Download here
http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/gen8_2.0.71/firmware_archos_android_gen8.aos

Last edited:

czesiu

Apr 13, 2010
Warsaw
twitter.com
- Power management: for A43/A70/A101 add a setting in about device to allow 3 levels of power management. Overdrive that allows CPU max frequency to be 1GHz with ondemand governor, optimal that brings CPU max frequency to 800MHz with ondemand governor and powersave that set CPU max frequency to 800MHz with conservative governor
Assuming that the Optimal is the same as in 2.0.54 (1ghz for default browser) it would be nice to know what are other triggers for different scaling settings

Cthugha

Mar 16, 2009
Since this is a "minor" update (not 2.1 to 2.2.1) I guess it will be okay to upgrade without wiping. But don't take my word for it ;)

Cthugha

Mar 16, 2009
it's a good oportunity to move to gAppsInstaller_v4 (hope it will work) :)

Good idea :) But I'll wait with wiping until I know that one still works.

Btw, anyone knows if Titanium Backup app backup/restore works with the z4root temp root trick? I have 60+ apps on my A70........

ViPaSoft

Mar 7, 2010
Derby
Just updates and I now have 2.0.71 installed.

It didn't wipe any of my settings or programs.

It does place another setting in 'ABOUT DEVICE' called 'POWER MANAGEMENT' with three choices,

...Overdrive
...Optimal
..Powersave

Going to test it now and see what's what.

chrulri

Dec 7, 2010
It does place another setting in 'ABOUT DEVICE' called 'POWER MANAGEMENT' with three choices,

Going to test it now and see what's what.
it's mentioned in the changelog:

Hexidecimal

Sep 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Awesome. Maybe this will fix some of the performance issues. Also it figures this would come out on the day I decide to leave my tablet at home while I'm at work. Will be playing with this tonight.

digibucc

Sep 23, 2010
seems to me, at least in the few minutes since i've updated, that it doesn't freeze up switching between dolphin,downloads, and pulling the notice bar down. over the past few weeks that has gotten more and more annoying...

is optimized flash there? :)

after updating, i went to market and installed flash from there. i don't know if it would ahve allowed me to do that with the optimized version there or not. i would hope not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Wi-Fi: fix Wi-Fi stuck after a while when using WPA2/AES encryption mode
    - Wi-Fi: fix cannot connect on channels above 11 due to wrong default regulation domain
    - Indexing: faster rescan is now achieved at USB disconnect
    - Storage: SDCard now supports NTFS (read only) and EXT3
    - Storage: fix sdcard not recognized sometimes when swapping different cards brands
    - Video: fix subtitles on A101
    - Network shares: enhance scanning speed
    - Network shares: handle the case where a server shares are not visible if not authenticated
    - Network shares: allow in wireless settings to define manually a server authentication details
    - Network shares: reload samba and UPnP services when switching between access points without disconnecting
    - Audio: a silent mode (Global Mute) has been enabled in the power button menu. It will impact all streams except alarms in case one select alarms sound always on in alarm settings
    - Application: appslib is now reinstalled after an Android device reset
    - Application: fix quadrant CPU benchmark
    - Power: fix shutdown sometimes happening on short power button press
    - Internationalization: support for Korean codepage tags and subtitles
    - Multimedia: use smaller memory footprint for decoding H264 SD
    - Memory management: achieve more progressive kill in low memory situation
    - Boot: fix deadlock happening sometimes preventing device to complete boot

Download here
    http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/gen8_2.0.71/firmware_archos_android_gen8.aos
    For those that love Quadrant scores: 1331 just below Nexus One 2.2+ :D
    Updated now z4root wont work