5,604,730 Members 33,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to change relatory domain when there is no setting.

Tip us?

MeZmeriZe_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default how to change relatory domain when there is no setting.

Hi all,

I have a recently rooted X10 SE and I've been trying to find out how to set it to receive channel 13 wireless.
The firmware is German so it should already work, but I suspect SE has just locked it down to 11 channels worldwide.

Looking at the kernel modules, the wireless chip seems to be an Ar6000 which from my searching is capable of doing all channels.

I was expecting to find some xml file somewhere to set it but I'll be naffed if I can find anything..

failing that, apparently compiling the iw module http://wireless.kernel.org/download/iw/

allows it to be set, but I have not a clue how to get that compiled for the kernel in the X10..

Just hoping someone here understands any of the following:

1. How to re-enable the "Regulatory domain" setting in wireless/advanced (I know cyanogen has done it in his firmware, but have not a clue how.)
2. What setting the above tool actually changed so I can do it manually.
3. Failing all else, how do I compile IW to android? I know my way around GCC but I don't remember their being any android hooks in it.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are most welcome.

ta

Frank

PS, now that the X10 is rooted, I look at it in a whole new light. :)
The Following User Says Thank You to MeZmeriZe_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThugEsquire
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I'd also like to know. Zero replies and almost 200 views... o.O