CyanogenMod for Glacier (myTouch 4G) :: V6.1.2-RC2 (12/21/2010, #2)
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
NOTE: This version (6.1.2-RC2) is newer than 6.2.0-RC0. Apologies for any confusion this causes.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.
- First time flashing CM 6 to your MT4G (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.
Changes since 6.1.2-RC1:
* Re-fixed video recording/playback
Changes since 6.2.0-RC0:
* Fixed 720p video recording
* Fixed bluetooth battery drain
THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:
* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
* Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code (Qik, Fring, and most other apps using the front camera)
* Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
* Bugs w/ Google apps
* Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)
See pinned post
on CM Forums
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!