Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Huawei Ascend Thread

Tip us?

brandnewlow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So maybe I was a bit hasty in rooting my phone. Oops? I removed the midnight bowling and uno, of course, and saw you, being ben, say that you removed a few of the other stock apps, like notepad and g talk. I followed suit, conformist that I am, removing the notepad and the g talk update. I now get a force close pop up for a gapps thing. It doesn't do much and doesn't really seem to make a difference when I force close it. And it doesn't pop up too often, only when I download new apps. also, I didn't back up my phone. Oops number 2? A bit impulsive, I know. If you could direct me toward any such rooting guide wherei could find more information I would much appreciate it.

Sent from my M860 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to brandnewlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben's
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Well general rule of thumb is that you don't remove anything that your not comfortable in removing. There are a lot of does and donts but no real concrete guide in what you do after you root your phone. Try and install the gtalk apk file that I have posted in a previous post. Unzip it and see if that helps. You should still have the gtalk in your list when you open titanium backup right? If you remove things that deal with Google, be very careful. Other things like removing swipe takes away the blue keyboard you are used to seeing and give you the crappy stock. In essence, removing items may sometimes be tied in with other functions of your phone so researching and caution are your two best friends when removing bloat. Hope that helps!

selfinflicted1
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Yea so the g talk and market are linked some how. Thank you google. After removing the bloat ware i am showin over 96 Mb free. Yesterday i had the chance to run a few things side by side with a stock ascend and mine was def faster. Now if i can fix my gtalk with the link provided by ben i will be a happy camper. One thing i seen was that amd made chipsets for a lot of phones. Also i think i seen upgrades for the physical memory. Does this mean sd card or are there internal upgrades? Either way i am wanting to know if these phones will suport the16 gig micro cards? last thing is i was readin about the zio (crickets other smart phone) and in that forum they talked like it was far better than the ascend. Is there any truth to this? I was under the impresion that it only ran 1.6 and and only cost more cuz the brand?

Rooted M860 selfinflicted minus the market via gtalk (thanks again google)
Device- Nexus 4
Rom- CM 10.1
Case- Body Glove
"Sweet Peter"

Back up- HTC Vision
Rom- Elite Mod
"Papa snuff"

brandnewlow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I tried installing that g talk, and it did install, but it still doing that force close thing. Still not noticing any ill effects. It's nit effecting my market, I'm still able to download apps and install updates. It's Just a little annoying. Thanks though. And g talk doesn't open at all when I click it. Not sure if it did before I installed that apk after I deleted the update.

joenathane
Old
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewlow View Post
Well, I tried installing that g talk, and it did install, but it still doing that force close thing. Still not noticing any ill effects. It's nit effecting my market, I'm still able to download apps and install updates. It's Just a little annoying. Thanks though. And g talk doesn't open at all when I click it. Not sure if it did before I installed that apk after I deleted the update.

You can't install it like you do regular apps, you need to put the apk and odex of gtalk into your /system/app directory

I uploaded the files in case you don't have them, the best way to do it would be to use a program like rootexplorer or sufbs(this one is cheaper), neither witch are free.

You can't use adb to do it because our phone has that locked out via the whole "rosecure=1" thing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gtalk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (307.6 KB, 208 views)

johnnyfamous
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have a rooted Ascend can you give a list of removed apps please? I would like to remove everything i don't need, i just want the basic.

Jbino
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I rooted with z4 and lost gapps. Keeps poppin up forced close and i can't access the market it only sticks on loading. Help

I downloaded gtalk.zip, copy/pasted into system/apps. About restart, but does anyone have googleapps.apk also?

Sent from my Ascend 2.1 3G using Taptalk

selfinflicted1
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I have the gtalk apks and root explorer how do i put it in the system now?

Device- Nexus 4
Rom- CM 10.1
Case- Body Glove
"Sweet Peter"

Back up- HTC Vision
Rom- Elite Mod
"Papa snuff"

joenathane
Old
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinflicted1 View Post
I have the gtalk apks and root explorer how do i put it in the system now?

I'm assuming that the gtalk apk and odex are on your sdcard, open root explorer and press and hold on gtalkservice.apk and select copy and then navigate to the root of your phone and go to open the "system" folder and then the "app" folder and then press the menu button and select paste, and then do the same thing for the gtalkservice.odex file and you should be done. maybe restart your phone.

make sure to hit the mount r/w in root explorer first, if you don't do that then it wont work...

razor950
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...y-tablets.html

If someone who has a huawei ascend could do what it says on that page and post here or there?

I don't mind working on recovery and it'd be better as well if you can pm me your gtalk/msn/aim/skype, so I can have someone as a tester.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe