New Market app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Xhorder

Dec 1, 2010
Yes, I just tried it. It works! and it fixes the button problem in 2.2.6.

I first tried one that did not work, but I've attached the one I did get to work. Just copy into /system/app, rename to Vending.apk, and change permissions.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• com.android.vending.apk
    2 MB · Views: 2,979

Thibor69

I first tried one that did not work, but I've attached the one I did get to work. Just copy into /system/app, rename to Vending.apk, and change permissions.

Enjoy!

Would this work ?

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb shell cp /system/app/Vending.apk /system/app/oldVending.apk
adb push Vending.apk /system/app
adb reboot

Last edited:

golfprorm

Dec 18, 2009
Or, you can just download and install it like any other apply. It'll install over the old Market no problem. It Indore you that it's a system apply, but works anyway.

Sent from my Nook Color

ohyo

Dec 17, 2010
Anyone have the old Market (Vending.apk)? I stupidly replaced it with the above and broke it. Much obliged.

fprice02

Apr 2, 2006
Fort Lewis, WA
Kept getting error message about cp: not found
Skipped the renaming step and it worked perfect, rejected both drives first and it worked like a charm.

FW 1.0.0 / Launcherpro

devis

Aug 2, 2005
San Francisco
Took the plunge... did it from the APK. Works.

The scrolling issue when you had to flip the NC in landscape is gone. But I find it a royal pain to switch between Paid, Free and Just In. For some reason the oval overlay trasfers the click on the app below and I end up opening that instead. I found that switching requires a rather precise click... something to think about Mr. Sergei. Well... maybe not for us free spirits :)

Eirikr88

May 9, 2008
I've downloaded and put it into the system\app folder, renamed and when market opens it just instantly crashes.

ideas anyone? greatly appreciated

EDIT: ROFL! redid the process and rebooted after double checking permissions, works fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy!
    Any brave souls tried the new Market today?