Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 42,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Things Wildfire will never do.

Tip us?

nemuro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Default Things Wildfire will never do.

Ok, We get a lot of questions from people that think this phone is preety mighty.

I know some items might disappear or get modified, but in the meantime let's make a list of what the phone can't do:

1. TV-out output
2. Play HD movies
3. Record anything above or equal to 720P
4. Render any 3D game or app ( Some display as software emulation and run very slow and/or without textures )
5. Face/Smile detection

So please, document yourself, and know and admit the limitations of this entry level android phone.
HTC Topaz - waiting for android port / HTC TYTN II - for kicks / HTC Wildfire - sold / Yinlips YDPG-18 - sold

HTC HD2 EU - sold
Radio: 2.12.50.02.2 - best battery for me
NAND: Redux - The smallest fastest working HD2 rom & Haldric's Stock Desire HD GB Rom
Kernel: In Tytung we trust.

Free stuff: Simple text icons & Free Wallpapers
Find my post useful? Instead of saying "thanks", click here (it will enlarge my e-penis)

Skye Menjou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Adding:
1. Wash the car.
2. Control the weather.
3. Solve World Hunger.
4. Make Android robot babies
5. Groom your dog.
Quote:
"Love is wise Hatred is foolish." In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other. We have to learn to put up with the fact, that some people say things we don't like. We can only live together in that way. But if we are to live together, and not die together, we must learn a kind of charity and a kind of tolerance which is absolutely vital, to the continuation of human life on this planet. - Bertrand Russel
The Following User Says Thank You to Skye Menjou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fifarunnerr
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Isn't smile detection related to software? Or can't the CPU render the live view and smile detection at the same time?

Goloka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
and why dont work duke nukem 3d installation ????

Markerton
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye Menjou View Post
Adding:
1. Wash the car.
2. Control the weather.
3. Solve World Hunger.
4. Make Android robot babies
5. Groom your dog.
I heard they were bringing in the groom your dog option in Android 3.2 ... Apparently it's being nick-named Android 3.2 WALKIIIIIES!

Skye Menjou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goloka View Post
and why dont work duke nukem 3d installation ????
Because the CPU is to slow.It's like trying to run crysis on a Commodore 64.
Quote:
"Love is wise Hatred is foolish." In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other. We have to learn to put up with the fact, that some people say things we don't like. We can only live together in that way. But if we are to live together, and not die together, we must learn a kind of charity and a kind of tolerance which is absolutely vital, to the continuation of human life on this planet. - Bertrand Russel