To all who post problems with the ics
Plz tell us from what version did you came, how did you install, wipe ect'

Some people have 0% problems, others... Not 0%, we need to find out why

Last edited:

Dezmatch

Dec 6, 2010
Le Mans
Very good experience, smooth, fast...
One issue : no gps lock but after wipe dalvik and cache, it's ok ;)

Flashed over lc2 by mobile odin - root ok - flash chainfire LPY kernel - CMW ok.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Everything seems to run just fine. Had some problem with charging, but i solved it by plugging it into the wall, and not the USB port.

EdgaBimbam

Nov 26, 2011
Vilnius
www.google.lt
amazing, no fc, no bugs so far, smooth. Now i have charged fully, calibrated and going to check battery life ;D now waiting for criskelo rom with this firmware :)

nightfox11

Apr 30, 2010
Venice
Am having problems with the phone signal sometimes it goes off and on and then off again.

EDIT: i did a factory reset and everything is perfect now !

Last edited:

EdgaBimbam

Nov 26, 2011
Vilnius
www.google.lt
battery drains fast! but ics a disaster eatin ram!

emmm maybe you ran a lot of appz in background, im reaching max 450mb rams from 808 available

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Am having problems with the phone signal sometimes it goes off and on and then off again.

i flashed LP6 modem and for me it is better ;D try to flash lp6 modem ;D

Reactions: octavian90

paulshields

Nov 17, 2006
Liverpool
Works well enough but Samsung seem to have tried to hide the simple elegance of stock ICS in some ways. Thinking of going back to CM9. Not much of a pen user anyway :),

friedje

Oct 29, 2006
Chartres
I think you shouldn´t suggest to flash ANY LP1-6 kernel anymore. Today, everybody should know the danger of them...

MY 2 CENTS:
Ultrafine! The only one thing missing is the possibility to change the DPI!!

1st he is not telling to flash an lp1-6 kernel, but the radio.......

2nd I have my dpi on 240 since hours without a problem.

mrdindon

Oct 14, 2011
panorama camera

I tought it was part of ICS... am I missing something about it ? cant find it...

ccampbell1

Jul 16, 2007
Loving the ICS release except for one thing.....

I toggle silent/vibrate on and off quite a lot. When I do this, using the long-press power-button menu, some wonderful person has decided that I am so clueless, I need a confirmation dialogue box.

"Warning! Silent mode will be enabled OK/Cancel"

Gasp! Really!?!?! I had no idea that would happen when I purposely held down the power button and then with delicate intent selected the desired silent-mode function.

Just. Wow. It's supposed to be a shortcut, and Samsung just ruined it. Of course, I flashed completely stock without root, so I'm probably stuck with this until somebody figures out how to root this stock ICS release. (Maybe they have already, I'll do a search).

It's a small complaint to most people, but I toggle silent on and off many times a day. This is a huge annoyance. I'll see if there are any lockscreen toggles I can get - actually, EVERY single android release or skin should have silent/vibrate toggle on the lock screen, as it was in the earlier android releases. Motorola seems to be the only one who realises this. Sheesh....

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Generally good, am upset by the lack of 160 dpi/tablet conform, just be aware if you're going for lower dpi's you'll face fc's

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

endeso

Feb 11, 2011
Has been improved the connection with kies? It's a pain to try to connect with it.

EdgaBimbam

Nov 26, 2011
Vilnius
www.google.lt

I toggle silent/vibrate on and off quite a lot. When I do this, using the long-press power-button menu, some wonderful person has decided that I am so clueless, I need a confirmation dialogue box.

Gasp! Really!?!?! I had no idea that would happen when I purposely held down the power button and then with delicate intent selected the desired silent-mode function.

Just. Wow. It's supposed to be a shortcut, and Samsung just ruined it. Of course, I flashed completely stock without root, so I'm probably stuck with this until somebody figures out how to root this stock ICS release. (Maybe they have already, I'll do a search).

It's a small complaint to most people, but I toggle silent on and off many times a day. This is a huge annoyance. I'll see if there are any lockscreen toggles I can get - actually, EVERY single android release or skin should have silent/vibrate toggle on the lock screen, as it was in the earlier android releases. Motorola seems to be the only one who realises this. Sheesh....
already rooted, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19030788&postcount=6

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Has been improved the connection with kies? It's a pain to try to connect with it.

what type connection of kies? via wifi or usb cable? if talking about kies air, then it is same as before, cant say about kies via cable because i have never used it ;D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having problems with ics. Phone now cannot lock when pressing the power button. Already did a factory reset and reflash via pc odin. Any help here?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

- Download "Terminal Emulator" app from market
    - open it
    - type into the command:
    su
    echo -n ON > /efs/imei/keystr
    sync
    Go to home, force close your terminal app, shut your screen off, and when your turn it back on your lock screen should be there.

Obviously you must be rooted the "su" command.
    REALLY REALLY bad news here. i installed it, everything went fine, all apps work, no crashing, seems stable. but after finally being done playing around and getting everything set up i put the phone down and watched some tv, fell asleep. and then..

beep beep.

why is my phone alerting me? low battery.. WTF? its only been on a few hours.

i load up better battery stats and theres a partial wakelock on "AudioOut_1". its been on for a solid 2.5 hours, phone hasnt gone to sleep at all.

is there any way this could be due to apex launcher? it was one of the later things i installed. ill reboot the phone and see if its still got the wakelock from the getgo or if its after starting something specific.

sigh.

AudioOut_1" is a Wakelock that is basically a kernel process that funnels data from audio apps to the audio hardware. It's what processes audio from say, Pandora or Slacker Radio, and passes it to the phone's audio hardware.

Go to > Settings > Sound
    Uncheck these options:

"Keytones"
    "Touch sounds"
    "Screen lock sound"

That should do it.
    How to enable gpu rendering with animations at 0.5x ? Where do I find this option ?

settings> developer options....
    Overall experience is very good , fast and very good battery life !

I have however a little "issue" , the gps precision is down to 8 m with 15/18 sattelites ...
    I had 5 m with GB ! (tested with google maps and GPS Test)

Do you have the same thing ?

Thanks
    The lock time is impressive tough :)

Edit the gps.conf file (/etc/gps.conf) and change the ntp server to your country.

Look up your country here: http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/