Not Another GPS Question...

Search This thread

Longhair

Dec 21, 2006
2 Actually...

Question 1:

My wife currently has the Nokia N80 and is drooling (and I thought only guys did that) over the new N95 that is due to come out soon.

At the same time, she was looking for a Parrot Car kit because she needs a hands free kit in the car.

I was looking on line and seen the Parrot 3400 LS-GPS - Colour :eek:

Now since her next phone will have GPS in in and mine (HTC P3300) already has it, I thought it would be a good thing to get.

Anybody have any experience with the Parrot 3400 LS-GPS - Colour :confused:

---

Question 2:

When I outside walking around, it takes me a very long time to get a lock on a GPS satellite - anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes.

Now when I am in the car, I get one within 2 minutes.

- Yes I use Quick GPS -

Since I ride a motorcycle and have a hard time getting a connection when I am not in a car, I have come to the conclusion that I need to get an external antenna for it.

What would be a good, external antenna to get with the HTC P3300?

soardiac

Jul 5, 2007
i might be completely wrong (my head is exploding cause of stupid co-workers), but isnt this parrot for PDAs/phones without GPS receiver? if both yours and your wife's phones have a GPS receiver, why would you need another one?

i think the Parrot 3400 LS-GPS - Colour is a GPS receiver for PDAs/phones which can run a map software but dont have a built-in GPS receiver. basically, it seems to be a standard bluetooth gps adapter (with additional handsfree functions).

or maybe i just completely misunderstood what you are telling us :confused:

Samson711

Dec 17, 2005
Aachen
That's what i understood from the description. As a GPS Antenna and Hands Free Kit it provides PDAs/Smartphones with GPS Data and a hands-free service. I agree with soardiac and would say, that this is just a bluetooth Hands-Free Kit with built-in GPS Receiver and a fancy display which shows phonebook and Call ID Pictures. I would suggest you to save your money and get a normal Parrot Car-Kit, just used mine again today and it's working flawlessy and with high quality