[ROM] Ubuntu Developer Preview (Toroplus port)

Search This thread

keebler021

Jan 27, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Dang. Really really wanna flash this, but my home Internet doesn't get hooked up til tomorrow. Les sad face
Ah well, maybe by then someone'll work radios into it ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Asweet

Sep 12, 2011
Poulsbo
Would it be possible to flash zips of the sprint GA02 radios after successful boot to enable full CDMA functions or would there still be issues afterwards? I'd try but I have to wait until later to download and flash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

dna_d

Jan 22, 2011
So just a heads up to all, I resolved by using ADB in recovery, moving my backup to the right folder, then restoring. The only other issue is that my SD card contents is stored in another folder, so I have to move it back which will take a while. At least I am up and running again!

Reactions: moises93

BslBryan

Nov 28, 2010
Would it be possible to flash zips of the sprint GA02 radios after successful boot to enable full CDMA functions or would there still be issues afterwards? I'd try but I have to wait until later to download and flash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I can confirm this does not work. The Ubuntu Phone OS still boots and is usable (as usable as the TDP is), but adding GA02 CDMA radios for toroplus does not enable the CDMA functions. I've tried with other releases of the radio as well. I'm going to wait and see if kdb's custom image provides a little more headway after he's compiled it.

phishfi

Jul 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I can confirm this does not work. The Ubuntu Phone OS still boots and is usable (as usable as the TDP is), but adding GA02 CDMA radios for toroplus does not enable the CDMA functions. I've tried with other releases of the radio as well. I'm going to wait and see if kdb's custom image provides a little more headway after he's compiled it.

Folks, understand that trying to flash the radio files would be like trying to flash and windows driver onto a Mac. They are completely different operating systems, so we'll have to wait until the Ubuntu developers work radio functionality into the build

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
Folks, understand that trying to flash the radio files would be like trying to flash and windows driver onto a Mac. They are completely different operating systems, so we'll have to wait until the Ubuntu developers work radio functionality into the build

They will probably never ever do that. Is the jury still out on if RIL source is present to make a custom one for CDMA? Anyone?

BslBryan

Nov 28, 2010

It is nothing like that, (it is built on top of some of cyanogenmod) and was worth a try.

phishfi

Jul 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
It is nothing like that, (it is built on top of some of cyanogenmod) and was worth a try.

I wasn't dising everyone for doing this, I'm just trying to make it understood that android mods aren't going to work on this build. I get the feeling that people are thinking that because they're both Linux based or built using some of the same parts means they could interchange features.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass!

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Has there been another nightly or anymore word on this yet?

BslBryan

Nov 28, 2010
I'm just trying to make it understood that android mods aren't going to work on this build. I get the feeling that people are thinking that because they're both Linux based or built using some of the same parts means they could interchange features.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass!

You didn't make an ass out of yourself or anything. No worries. But if you read the release notes and look at the code, the bits of CM10 that were used are used for hardware enablement. Also they chose CM10 because a huge variety of devices have been ported to it so the idea is that we can use the CM10 drivers to enable hardware, which includes radio.

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012
u6etaryp.jpg

While we wait for Ubuntu, there's Glovebox from the Play Store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Props goes to eng.stk for how to unofficially flash the GSM images. I have modified his quote to include this devices links, and Im' sorry for not asking to quote him. The only credit I take is for modifying one line to make it flash to our devices. The rest goes to the UbuntuOS team and eng.stk
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38285911#post38285911
    For people wondering about install (tried with TWRP):

1. Nandroid backup
    2. Factory Reset
    3. Grab toroplus_ubuntu.zip and quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
    4. Flash toroplus_ubuntu.zip
    5. Flash quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip (this one will take a while, grab some coffee :laugh:)
    6. Reboot (screen will go black but after a few seconds Ubuntu is up)
    7. Profit :highfive:

This install didn't wiped my sdcard. I just restored my TWRP backup after a short Ubuntu testdrive.
    If you are paranoid, just copy your stuff from SDCARD to your PC before flashing.

Quote modified to include CORRECT links for our build. I left the rest in tact.

The only thing I did was modify the line so that the zip would be willing to flash to the toroplus. It does not have CMDA/LTE connection, but it does flash and work on WIFI just fine. With it's limited uses ATM, I believe that getting working radios would be useless, and I only have a Verizon toro (though I know for a fact that this boots). Try it and see what I mean. Do not wipe system, or it will not boot.

Thanks to warp64 for being the first tester to upload a picture.
    IMG_20130221_183634.jpg

Verizon thread is here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38300019
    Questions?
    Someone is gonna smile a little... I got the CDMA radio online but it crashed the entire os shortly after boot. No time to log anything and the log was gone gone. Little more tweaking. Had no data. And honestly no cell. I'll see if I can debug what renders the system down
    Toroplus zip

The toroplus_Ubuntu.zip file link seems to be broken, down anyone have a working link to the file?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r545g3j790yfw6a/toroplus_ubuntu.zip
    Here you go, thankfully i had it in my dropbox.
    Well I guess if no one has had any luck porting radios then we need a little more work. I'll jump in and see what I can get
    u6etaryp.jpg

While we wait for Ubuntu, there's Glovebox from the Play Store.