Is my phone dead?

Search This thread

xtriker23

Jun 9, 2014
RM. VL
Hey there! So, here's the trouble. Last july I bought an LG P760 from Orange Romania. I don't think the phone was blocked, altough it had installed some apps from Orange. So... It had 4.0.3, I upgraded it to 4.1.2 OTA in September 2013. In november, I've discovered the LGPwn.apk, so I had root too. Today, I tought: "Hm, if I have root, why don't I have a custom ROM?". So, the first step was to instal a CWM Recovery, and I succeded. It worked. But, there's the problem coming: I read that I had to do a backup from recovery, so I did, but it failed at /system(I think I was running low on memory). So, nothing happened, but when I plugged the phone into my computer, I saw that there were only 60MB left of memory. I deleted the CWM backup, but even then there were like idk ~100mb free. So... why not a factory reset... but not from CWM, you know, from that option in Settings -> Backup and Restore... So I clicked it, and the phone reboots, but right after the reboot, I see the LG logo, and under it it's the SECURITY ERROR. I can't go to download mode, I can't go to recovery, and the logo keeps for like 20 seconds, then the phone shuts down. Can anybody help me, please? Thank you!

LilProphet

Dec 8, 2011
Szentendre
www.revertbnation.com
search for B2CAppSetup, run it then connect your phone in sw upgrade mode (hold volume down while connecting it), then it will install the latest available rom to your phone. so don't worry your phone is not dead at all.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app

xtriker23

Jun 9, 2014
RM. VL
search for B2CAppSetup, run it then connect your phone in sw upgrade mode (hold volume down while connecting it), then it will install the latest available rom to your phone. so don't worry your phone is not dead at all.

Okay, it works to go into the SW Mode, but when I launch the LG Upgrade Tool, first of all it says that my software version is up to date, afterwards I try to get into the "Update Recovery", but it gets stuck at "Veryfing phone settings", what should I do?

Last edited:

LilProphet

Dec 8, 2011
Szentendre
www.revertbnation.com
Okay, it works to go into the SW Mode, but when I launch the LG Upgrade Tool, first of all it says that my software version is up to date, afterwards I try to get into the "Update Recovery", but it gets stuck at "Veryfing phone settings", what should I do?

in B2CAppSetup there is an option in the upper right side, I guess it's 'troubleshooting' (I used it in my own language that's why I'm not sure, but it's the only one), and click on Override update problems or something like that.. it will do its job.