G2x Getting ICS official :D

Search This thread

tbloska

Sep 12, 2012
Mississauga
Saw this today: [link removed due to low post count]

Sound like good news to me :) the wait is almost over.

just in time to start complaining about jelly bean!

but this is good news indeed! LG really needs to step up their update game.

Will this fix some of the HWA problems in some of the JB rom builds? or do we need more to come from LG before that stuff can get moving?

supertaco

Sep 12, 2012
ICS??

Somewhere i've read that the official release will be on the september 25th

It's that true??

G2xer

Jun 5, 2011
Sacramento
It's 1:24 Pacific time on the 25th of.September and no we don't have an official update. However, there is a new kdz for su660 so were close but far for the g2x :(

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
It's 1:24 Pacific time on the 25th of.September and no we don't have an official update. However, there is a new kdz for su660 so were close but far for the g2x :(

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
g2x won't be getting an ICS. Its the o2x everyone is waiting for. If it gets official ICS with kernel source. Then g2x can get ported Roms.

supertaco

Sep 12, 2012
g2x won't be getting an ICS. Its the o2x everyone is waiting for. If it gets official ICS with kernel source. Then g2x can get ported Roms.

I don't care if G2x get a officcial ICS, while the developers can get the right drivers from the o2x and can put it on CM9 or CM10 i'll be happy :)
I didn't stay on CM9 because i use the camcorder...

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
Everytime i see this thread pop back on top i just wanna shoot it... :banghead:

Sent from G2x running BuROM v0.2 (root; mod stock 2.3.4) w/ faux's GB kernel 014b2-ext4.

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
Never gonna happen. Lol

Sent via Acer Iconia A100 on CM10_Build090212; godmachine v2.0 kernel, Smooth, Stable, Fast

Chinese281

Feb 14, 2011
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to fet

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

matrix0886

Sep 21, 2011
Houston
What up with the ICS camera and video graphics tegera driver port to P999, *****es?

Just so a flame war isn't started, i'll overlook that condescending remark as I don't know for sure your intentions behind it (crude? friendly banter?). So let's begin:

A. Got a link? I haven't seen this yet and can't seem to find anything on it. A link would be much appreciated. My searching skills suck pretty bad, lol.

B. As has been said multiple times in this and many other threads, most of us believe that T-Mobile will not be releasing ICS for our phone. We never said that the devs wouldn't be able to do it, though. Not as as long as they somehow obtain the necessary drivers from either nvidia or port them over from another phone.

Actually reading a thread does wonders :p

I'm quite sure neither T mobile nor LG will be giving us any love with new releases on the G2x. I was wondering about the independent development efforts from the 990, a 'port' to use the vernacular.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so let's say that the O2x does get ICS. What we are missing are the drivers. So how does the process of ripping the drivers work, are the drivers built into the ROM? I know the g2x and the O2x have different partitions.

Sent from my Handheld Portal Device

Actually, the partitions are the easy part of porting. The radio is the biggest challenge. I don't think anyone has ever managed to port any stock Froyo or Gingerbread O2X or G2X ROM between platforms without full source and actually be able to make phone calls. The radio is too different and is hardwired into the ROM.

That means that barring unforeseen changes, even an official O2X ICS version is not likely to be able to be ported directly to the G2X.

However, in CM9, the radio is not the problem on the G2X, which is good news. That means if an official O2X release provides the bits needed outside of the radio, we still get an improved G2X experience. But it will have to be CM9, no stock-based ports.
    Wind is never going to release anything.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    It has to be name of a dessert/candy starting with letter K as android names go by alphabetical order.

I like your pick though :D

That will be for sure Key Lime Pie ....uhmmm....keyyy limeee pieee :p :good: