[ROM]CM11 4.4.2 - WiFi [KOT49H] [19/04/2014]- [native USB OTG (charging), DAC, etc.]

Search This thread

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
Thank you all for info. I also downloaded and md5 is fine. Anyway, just in case I will continue upload to dropbox.

Gapps, linked in first post, work with ART and I prefer smaller version. I can link also 245MB version but could you confirm that works with ART?

P.S.
I setup everything on my machine and new build is done much quicker now.

Google backup restore isn't working. Does that depend on the gapps I installed?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

baldwyn

Apr 6, 2010
Everything seems to work just fine, even some things that wouldn't work on a 4.3 ROM I was using. About to try out ART now. It's taking so long to do initial boot, optimizing, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Everything seems to work just fine, even some things that wouldn't work on a 4.3 ROM I was using. About to try out ART now. It's taking so long to do initial boot, optimizing, though.

That's why I switch to ART right after flashing rom and gaps. Even before sign in to Google account.

What doesn't work on a 4.3?

baldwyn

Apr 6, 2010
That's why I switch to ART right after flashing rom and gaps. Even before sign in to Google account.

What doesn't work on a 4.3?

Final Fantasy V would never load for some strange reason and games through a GameStop promo app wouldn't install due to the "download may be corrupt" error. No problems now.

ART almost done upgrading. We'll see...

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Final Fantasy V would never load for some strange reason and games through a GameStop promo app wouldn't install due to the "download may be corrupt" error. No problems now.

Nope. The process com.Google.process.gapps has stopped. I downloaded a 10/31 version of 4.4 gapps. It was a much smaller file and none of the mirrors in the OP were working for me.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Nope. The process com.Google.process.gapps has stopped. I downloaded a 10/31 version of 4.4 gapps. It was a much smaller file and none of the mirrors in the OP were working for me.

Resetting back to dalvik. I think I'll give it time to get fully ironed out, any way.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm

Gapps must be PA. Linked in first post work for me with ART and link is correct

gapps-kk-20131119.zip - 123.71 MB

I'll upload to mega but will take some time...

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
I'll grab that one. Should I even mess with ART now? Is it worth it?

Depends of application. Some benchmarks show almost double result, some apps seam to work smoother but of course you're not going to receive email faster. The best is to test by yourself.

Finally art compatible gapps are uploaded.

gapps-kk-20131119.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: baldwyn

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
Depends of application. Some benchmarks show almost double result, some apps seam to work smoother but of course you're not going to receive email faster. The best is to test by yourself.

Finally art compatible gapps are uploaded.

gapps-kk-20131119.zip

Do you think it light be possible to upload a mirror? Mega never works for me... ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

blakeatl

Jul 28, 2009
Atlanta Area
Do you think it light be possible to upload a mirror? Mega never works for me... ?

I've found that Mega doesn't work on firefox for me but works fine with chrome.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Can someone tell me if I can flash this latest rom over 11/15 without issue (clearing cache and dalvik only)?

Reactions: Kilroy.

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur

Open the link in chrome and request desktop site, mega should work then. And believe me, once mega works properly it will suck all the speed that is available from any other task or from any other WiFi user providing very high download speeds compared tl other sites and its downloads are resumable as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kilroy.

baldwyn

Apr 6, 2010
How does Final Fantasy V crash? Does it show a blank window before disappearing? Also, it might be an issue with Xposed Framework but I have trouble with it on SlimKat even without Xposed Framework installed.

Yup. Tap the icon, blank screen and then home screen. Thing is, I never had xposed installed. Now I do, though. I should check it out.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Yup. Tap the icon, blank screen and then home screen. Thing is, I never had xposed installed. Now I do, though. I should check it out.

Damn. So happy after upgrading to this ROM that FFV worked and then I got greedy, installed xposed and now it doesn't work again. Is there a workaround or just uninstall xposed?

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Something what you use broke you root access. With latest build and gapps in the first post root works all day for me. Even with ART.

Will check tomorrow... Now is 3:20 in the morning.

Could you post links what you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jakelights

Jul 29, 2010
I'm using the latest build all working like a charm. ART and root also working. Good job. I just missed the aosp wallpaper :) thanks

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
I got email today in the morning:
This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic.

"For Free accounts, the total amount of traffic that all of your links together can generate without getting banned is 20 GB per day."

This rom is the only file I share with this dropbox account. Nice to see that is downloaded enough to generate 20 GB in one day :) I hope that rom works fine for all of you.

If you can, please use mega link.

BrianXP7, I will look into it but I'm not sure how many users actually wish to have pure CM11 and how many with addons. You should first find out what breaks your root access.

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
I got email today in the morning:

"For Free accounts, the total amount of traffic that all of your links together can generate without getting banned is 20 GB per day."

This rom is the only file I share with this dropbox account. Nice to see that is downloaded enough to generate 20 GB in one day :) I hope that rom works fine for all of you.

If you can, please use mega link.

BrianXP7, I will look into it but I'm not sure how many users actually wish to have pure CM11 and how many with addons. You should first find out what breaks your root access.

Mega is good but u can also upload to Google drive. That's very fast as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I'd like pure cm and maybe an option to add mods over it. I don't always like all of the extras but choice is always welcome.

Btw, I commend you for trying something new and better but I could only get mega to work from a PC, even after requesting desktop website. I went through the entire download process and the file was nowhere to be found. My USB port isn't working well so transferring from pc always makes me nervous... If there's a sure way for mega to work, I'm sure we'd appreciate the info on the OP.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Thanks to Temasek and webdroidmt for info, native USB OTG works again.

Thanks to NetFluke, who managed to implement Timur Merhvarz patches, we have DAC hotplug support with volume adjustment. NetFluke also made kernel with OTG charging.

New 4.4.2 works really really smooth, ART and built in Superuser work.

How to install:
    1. Reboot into recovery (I use TWRP 2.6.3.0)
    2. Select advance wipe: dalvik cache, system, cache and data. Basically everything except internal storage. Just in case :)
    3. Flash rom and gapps
    4. Wipe dalvik cache and cache
    5. Reboot

How to enable ART:
    1. Select settings
    2. Tap 7 times build number to enable developers options
    3. In developer options tap on runtime and select ART
    4. Reboot and wait

I recommend to enable ART before install any new applications. Works for me since rom is built.

Links:
    All builds are here, just take the latest. 4.4.2 builds are in 442 sub folder. For rom with USB DAC support look here.

Gapps compatible with ART:
    gapps-proper-art

Recently I use minimal gapps (playstore, syncing apks and libs, AOSP calendar sync) from here. I don't really need face unlock, Google now, search, etc. But you should be fine with full gapps. You can find two flashable gapps which I use here.

Gapps partially compatible with ART:
    gapps-kk-20131119.zip
    gapps-kk-20131119.zip - mirror

gdrive mirror for all files

If you wish to try CyanogenMod Screencast:
    - first join the CyanogenMod community
    - then download CyanogenMod Screencast

I have Linux laptop dedicated for development and plan is to make clean build every few days or when CM team submit noticeable changes, test on my device, upload and post a link.

Changelog:
    - search is not force closing anymore
    - Newsstand works
    - lock screen shortcuts
    - expanded desktop
    - buttons and layout
    - quick launch shortcuts
    - fn buttons
    - more options in Interface menu (battery percentage...)
    - OTG support
    - DAC support
    - OTG charging support with separate kernel

About ART, if someone haven't read already. May experience is exactly the same, a bit slower installation or first application start, much smoother later.

In case that something went wrong, you can restore dalvik without wipe:
    $ su
    # echo -n libdvm.so > /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib
    # reboot

Huge thanks to fattire for his guide and patient answers and of course to the CM team.

Old builds:
    gdrive mirror for all files
    New build, synced with latest CM changes and then merged with DAC support plus one nice cherry pick which I let you to find if you can :)

Probably you know that if you update from CM or flash CM nightly that some changes will be overwritten (like DAC support). For this reason and because I don't use some apps I removed them from my system. List is: Apollo,CellBroadcastReceiver, CMWallpapers, DSPManager, Galaxy4, HoloSpiralWallpaper, LiveWallpapers, LiveWallpapersPicker, MagicSmokeWallpapers, TelephonyProvider, VisualizationWallpapers, VoicePlus, CMS, CMUpdater, VoiceDialer). Also, as I mentioned already I use just minimum of gapps, core and calendar sync.

This build has all mentioned apps but I recommend to remove at least CMUpdater. If you don't mind, next time I may upload reduced version which I use.

I'm still open for suggestions, if you find something what can be cherry picked, merged or you developed, adjusted, etc.
    Thanks to NetFluke somewhere in this post you may find Easter egg :D Also, for users who wish to have OTG kernel with charging, there's one more and even another one :p

I'll let you to "find" Easter eggs by yourself and enjoy in build synced with latest CM11 repo :)
    Again this conversation reminds me to good old forum joke :D

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

1 to change the light bulb then post about it
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
    1 to move it to the Lighting folder
    2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
    7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
    15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
    5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
    7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
    3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too."
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
    What's the difference between this and CM11

For now, no difference. Just another CM11 unofficial build. You may try this one, from someone else or build your own.
    First I built for my self then realize that some users have problems with other builds. To avoid off topic or giving support for something I didn't test, I made decision to open new topic and share my builds here.

New build is made over night but didn't have time to flash and test. Will do after work.